• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Handheld Zelda?

Which handheld Zelda is the hardest?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Total voters

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I said Phantom Hourglass because I hate how you have to keep going back into the ocean king place!:mad: But I also say Links Awaking, right now I don't quite remeber where I am! But Four swords adventures I beat with my mom and sister, but the one for the gamecube. I like that alot better but thats just me.:)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I said Phantom Hourglass because I hate how you have to keep going back into the ocean king place!:mad: But I also say Links Awaking, right now I don't quite remeber where I am! But Four swords adventures I beat with my mom and sister, but the one for the gamecube. I like that alot better but thats just me.:)

That was not hard, that was annoying... They are two different things...

Four Swords Adventures is not a Handheld game, we are talking about the Four Swords that came bundled with the re-release of ALttP...

And Why don'tyou start a new LA file?It's thebest way to catch up with the game

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I'd have to say the hardest handheld Zelda game must be Ages.. Orz, the time I've wasted pulling my hair out on parts of that game. X_x

I just started my first Links Awakening file with Hanyou, and I haven't gotten too far. Just traded a can of dog food for Bananas to a Blue Crocodile. (Wow, that was awkward to type out.)

So far, it's been fun and although a little puzzling at times I've yet to find myself totally stumped for an uber period of time...The Phone guy has helped me a lot. D= And when all else fails I have Tim to bug, lol. :P

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I'd have to say the hardest handheld Zelda game must be Ages.. Orz, the time I've wasted pulling my hair out on parts of that game. X_x

I just started my first Links Awakening file with Hanyou, and I haven't gotten too far. Just traded a can of dog food for Bananas to a Blue Crocodile. (Wow, that was awkward to type out.)

So far, it's been fun and although a little puzzling at times I've yet to find myself totally stumped for an uber period of time...The Phone guy has helped me a lot. D= And when all else fails I have Tim to bug, lol. :P

The only hardpart in OoA is the moronic dance of the Grateful Goron. Nowadays it is easy to me, but when I was younger I hated that part because I knew I would be stuck there for hours

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
It should be worth nothing that Four Swords Adventures was not a handheld game, as it is listed in this poll. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that. I'm pretty sure it should say just Four Swords instead. I have not played Four Swords so I cannot comment on it.

This is a bit of a tricky question I think, but I personally believe you can immediately throw out The Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass since I believe they are two of the easiest Zelda titles to date, if not thee easiest.

Comparing the Oracles, I think the Oracle of Seasons was a bit more difficult. Mainly because it was more frustrating and there was more guessing on where you had to go, randomly changing the seasons in various areas, hoping you got it right.

Thus, it really comes down to Oracle of Seasons or Link's Awakening for me. I really think Oracle of Seasons is the harder game, but I struggled through and it took longer to beat Link's Awakening. I think the reason for this, is just because Link's Awakening was released first. Playing Link's Awakening made the play through of Oracle of Seasons a whole lot easier, since the gameplay is extremely similar. So I almost never died in Oracle of Seasons, while I died often in Link's Awakening. So while I was more experience, rarely ever died, and completed the game sooner... I still think the Oracle of Seasons was the harder title.

Shnappy

derp
The handhelds weren't my strong point, especially the GB ones. For me, I would have to say it would be a tie between OoS, OoA, and LA. I could also through in PH. I know a lot of you think that PH is all easy and stuff, but it is REALLY frustrating for me, especially when you have to do the stuff at the Temple of the Ocean King.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I think LA, but also I have never really played all the handheld Zeldas in depth, but from what I have played, I can tell you LA is quite the difficult game, but I still find it fun. I mean there are some difficult puzzles in that game, and it still manages to be fun for me. But like I said before, I have not really played the others in depth or at all (Minish Cap).

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It should be worth nothing that Four Swords Adventures was not a handheld game, as it is listed in this poll. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that. I'm pretty sure it should say just Four Swords instead. I have not played Four Swords so I cannot comment on it.

Hmmm.... then what's this?
Four Swords Adventures is not a Handheld game, we are talking about the Four Swords that came bundled with the re-release of ALttP...

Anyway... They all seem to be of similar difficulty to me. But back in the day when I got my first Zelda game, it gave me quite a bit of trouble. For a few years I never even got to the second level. (I was like four at the time. Cut me some slack.) As you might have guessed, that game was Link's Awakening.

I've just started LA, I've just done the second dungeon. So far, it's quite challenging, and strange. Enjoyable though.

Of the ones I've played in that list: PH, MC

MC was hardest XD.

I'll break most of people view and say that so far The Minish Cap has been the hardest for me to finish, I had to ask what to do next in more than one point. =\

I haven't played OoX but I have LA and I don't remember it that much challenging.

Okay, I'm changing my choice to Link's Awakening as the hardest. I haven't died so many times before ='(

Still, it's a Zelda game, and it's interesting enough to keep me playing or from giving up.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Link's Awakening all the way here.
LA had tough dungeons, especially Eagle's Tower and Turtle Rock. I'd have to say that Turtle Rock is the hardest 2-D dungeon in all the Zelda games. On my first time through, it was a nightmare. I kept on getting lost and running around in circles. There's not really a helper in this game, like Elzo in MC who pointed out where you had to go next and what you had to do. Actually at one point roughly half-way through LA, I had to stop because it was too complicated for me :lol:. A couple of years later, I started a new file and easily beat the game (except for Turtle Rock...which was a pain.)

In a close second was OoA. Most say that this is the hardest of the Oracle games because of all the challenging puzzles and dungeons. To me, it wasn't too much of a challenge, but it kept you occupied for a while. Definately, and never will be on the same difficulty level as LA.

Link's Awakening all the way here.
LA had tough dungeons, especially Eagle's Tower and Turtle Rock. I'd have to say that Turtle Rock is the hardest 2-D dungeon in all the Zelda games. On my first time through, it was a nightmare. .

Turtle Rock was hard for me, but I'm surprised how easy it was compared to Eagle's Tower. Eagle's Tower was the nightmare for me, it gave me a headache and I had to resort to a guide twice - once again a kick in the nuts for me as soon as I found out how easy the things I missed was.

All the switch changing in Eagle's Tower made my eyes water.

I think LA's enemies were the hardest too, the bosses were the easiest I've had to fight surprisingly. Though the dungeons were extremely draining.

I'm up to the 4th Dungeon in OoA, so far it's been something of a challenge, but nothing like Link's Awakening was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom