• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Dungeons

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Self-explanatory thread title. Which dungeons in the series do you believe to be the most difficult? This can be because of its puzzles, combat, or anything else that makes a dungeon difficult.

For me, it has to be Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages. Some downright frustrating puzzles in here, though it remains one of my favourite dungeons interestingly enough.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Take basically any dungeon from OoA and half the ones from LA.

In terms combat, the last 2-3 dungeons in Zelda I are hard and anything in Zelda II is hard.

Alttp had some hard bosses like Mothula who gave me a lot of trouble.

Majora's Mask Water Temple took me forever, much longer than OoT's. Granted, I have only beaten each of them in the 3D version.

Level-6, Zelda 1, 1st quest.

That's a brick wall for old school Zelda fans. The wizzrobes there hade the place so hard to beat. I always skipped it and did it after level 7 and 8 and wih the magic sword to make it easier.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's hard to say because I was rather young when I played most Zelda dungeons for the first time, I had never experienced some of the types of puzzles I came across before and therefore it was completely new to me discovering how to work them out for myself. if I were to go back to them now, knowing the sort of puzzles that tend to pop up in Zelda due to my experience playing the series they seem much easier because I already know how to do them.

Great Bay Temple was to my memory probably the hardest one to finish. I dislike it a lot and that contributes to how hard it feels.

Water temple is always hard as well, not because of puzzles but just because of the confusing layout where everything looks the same.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

That's a brick wall for old school Zelda fans. The wizzrobes there hade the place so hard to beat. I always skipped it and did it after level 7 and 8 and wih the magic sword to make it easier.
I find the rooms with 6-7 Blue Darknuts in Level 7 and I believe 9 also has one to be the hardest rooms in Zelda I.

I find the rooms with 6-7 Blue Darknuts in Level 7 and I believe 9 also has one to be the hardest rooms in Zelda I.
1st Quest level-7 didn't have any Darknuts in it. So you are either talking about 2nd Quest level-7 or 1st Quest Level-8. I do agree those rooms are very hard too.

The goron dungeon on the moon in MM. Especially in the 3ds version because they took away the ice patch at the beginning of the track which allowed you to build up your speed and gave you time to straighten his trajectory so as to hit the chests at just the right angle. The challenge was hard enough with the ice patch. Without it, it's a total nightmare. I think whichever one decided that was a great idea was probably the same one who ruined Mikau's swim mode and force you to not only burn magic at a significant rate but put the barrier in the most uncomfortable position on the 3ds. I get hand cramps after a while

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'd say the water Temple but that wasn't really difficult so much. It was just frustrating because camera angles were sometimes awful and you'd miss important things. Like the room under the block in the center room. Where there is a key that you need to get in order to progress. Past that water Temple was fine.

What was difficult for me was any Zelda II dungeon. In fact, haven't beaten that game yet.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
It took me longer than I care to admit to get through the mermaids dungeon (not sure if that is actually it's name?). I would get confused with what I had done in the past and present and just ended up wondering the same tracks over and over until I found the missing key.

Yeah, the original Spectacle Rock was a bruiser, lots of tough enemies and severely difficult to navigate... attrition was just as much an enemy as anything else. Great Palace in Zelda II was definitely hard as well. Eagle's Tower I would say was quite challenging not so much for its combat but its central puzzle solving mechanic, you really had to think around how you were going to transport the wrecking ball to different pillars, or how to get around yourself. Lots of coming at different rooms from different angles, physically and mentally. Stone Tower took me a good while as well, it lead to a fantastic Eureka moment in the nick of time, I was able to beat the dungeon on my first run with less than 3 minutes still on the Final Countdown. Raced back to Clock Town to deposit my monies and I was outta there! That's all the ones that come to mind at the moment...

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Some of the hardest dungeons (for me) are Great Bay Temple and the Fire Temple. Some of the most annoying dungeons are Snowpeak Ruins, the Water Temple, and Jabu-Jabu's belly from OoT.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Stone Tower took me a good while as well, it lead to a fantastic Eureka moment in the nick of time, I was able to beat the dungeon on my first run with less than 3 minutes still on the Final Countdown. Raced back to Clock Town to deposit my monies and I was outta there! That's all the ones that come to mind at the moment...

I had the exact same situation, except with Great Bay Temple! I had gotten the boss key when the Final Countdown started, and rushed to beat Gyorg as fast as I could.

Omg same, i am currently in the 6th dungeon (1st quest) and DAMN it is indeed hardcore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom