• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Dungeon

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Well, I kind of got this off of the thread "Hardest Temple," except I wanted to see what people thought of all the dungeons, including the bosses, in all the games. I also briefly looked for this thread, but couldn't find it. Sorry and tell me if this is a duplicate.

Anyways, which dungeon did you find the hardest?

For me personally, There is a tie. I thought the Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages was impossible. That is, until I beat it. I also found the Ice Temple from ALttP as extremely difficult. Just thinking about it gives me bad memories....

I mostly thought they were the hardest because I was stuck on them forever. I didn't think the Water Temple was that hard, despite popular opinion. Really? What was that hard about it? I must have got it exactly right the first time or something...

Share your thoughts.

I have several, so I'll list them by game.

LoZ: Death Mountain. No explanation needed.

OoT: The Forest Temple. Especially when you have to find the Poe Sisters.

MM: Great Bay Temple. I got turned around soooo much.

WW: The Wind Temple. You remember the part where you used the Deku Leaf to glide to different floors? I failed miserably.

TP: The City In The Sky. For me, it was confusing and frustrating. Even AFTER I resorted to a guide.

LoZ level nine Ganon's level.
ut was very hard as there where loads of Darknuts.
----------------------------------------
WW the Earth Temple.
---------------------------------------
LttP Turtle Rock.
Its very hard if you do not have Magic.
MM Great bay Temple.
It is very frustrating but enjoyable trying to get all the fairies and adjusting the water level.
OoT Water temple.
frustrating but enjoyable having to adjust the water level and finding keys.
--------------------------------------------

SamuRaichu

ICE CREAM IS DELICIOUS.
Me: WW water temple.
(heeheee!)
TP Twighlight Temple.
PH:temple of the ocean king.
(lol, it was too boring.)
ST:sand temple.

How can you get your reputation up?

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
The Ocarina Of time water temple, And the TP water temple. It seems the water temples hate me.

To get your Rep up people have to go to your post's and they have to "add to Reputation" eventually you will get a Heart.

The Great Palace from the Adventure of Link. This dungeon is probably the toughest dungeon to exist in all of the Legend of Zelda series. This dungeon is quite lengthy. There's a bunch of different ways you can go. But only one correct way, as far as I'm aware of, anyways. One wrong turn could find you draining your magic to fix your mistake. Then you're out of magic and can't go anywhere, as this dungeon does take a lot of magic. Then there's the monsters in this place. The creatures in the Great Palace are strong enough to be mini-bosses, and can be quite frustrating when you first encounter them.

What's worse? Thunderbird. Thunderbird's fight will drain half of your magic just to reveal his face. Then you have to use more magic to be able to reach his head and strike him. After that, there's another boss fight. Shadow Link. If you die to Shadow Link, you have to fight the Thunderbird again. This dungeon just isn't fair.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
OoT: Water Temple, the only temple I still need a guide for in OoT
MM: Stone Tower Temple, this is my favorite temple but it's so confusing.
TP: Snow Peak Ruins, this temple just really sucks and the enemies are really annoying.
WW: Is there anything hard about this game?

M

Mrt3161

I'll be listing be games...
Loz. Death mountain
AoL. Death mountain also...
Alttp. Ice temple
OoT. Some what the water temple. I hate any temple that you have to go up multiple levels and then back down...
MM. I got two, Snow mountain, And the water temple(don't remember what its called)
WW. Earth temple, for the same thing as the water temple on OoT
Tp. ..........Wait was there a hard temple in that game?
There's my list! :D

1. Great Palace (AoL) this palace is so hard it's unfair!
2. Death Mountain (Loz) a formidable challenge, skills (and potions!) required
3. Level 8 (loz) Darknuts, lotsa lotsa darknuts...
4. Skull woods (Alttp) I found this dungeon to be very hard...
5. City in the sky (TP) mostly because the rest of the game was a breeze and then suddenly BAM! this temple is very confusing, yet awesome

Kybyrian

There are only two dungeons that really stuck out as far as difficulty is concerned to me. The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time is not one of them, as it was simply annoying, not hard. I guess you can relate the two, but I'm not going to say the Water Temple was hard.

The two that stuck out to me were Jabu-Jabu's Belly in Oracle of Ages and the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I'm debating on whether or not to say that Jabu-Jabu's Belly was actually difficult, though, as it's just like the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. I do feel that Jabu-Jabu's Belly might have had a little more actual difficulty rather than simple annoying puzzles, though. It does get annoying having to run around and change the water level all the time, yes, but I also think there was a little more thought than you had to put into OoT's Water Temple.

As for the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time Master Quest, I can honestly say that it prevailed high above the difficulty of every other dungeon in Ocarina of Time. The Fire Temple in the regular Ocarina of Time version wasn't very challenging and was among the easiest dungeons in the series, but they definitely took the difficulty a step up with Master Quest. Not only that, but it was an amazing dungeon to complete. The Fire Temple's difficulty was at a perfect level. It was difficult, but the puzzles and the layout were absolutely fascinating. If I had to choose I would probably say that Jabu-Jabu's Belly in OoA is more difficult, but that may just be because it was also pretty annoying.

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I agree with you on Jabu-Jabu's Belly from OoA, but I have never played OoT Master Quest. Also, what bosses did any of you find difficult? Although I've never played all the way through AoL, the bosses I did fight were very hard. Head Thwomp from OoA and some of the bosses (Mothula, Trinexx) from ALttP were slightly annoying.

dont make me say it :S, Great Palace (AoL)

this is not really fair if you add AoL while asking for the hardest dungeon xP, and for a non-AoL hardest dungeon, is the Death Mountain Dungeon in LoZ Nes (well, Nes games are hard...)

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
The Twilight Princess Yeto's Mansion and Lakebed Temple. They weren't really hard, like I didn't need a guide, they were just irritating.
Ocarina of Time's Adult Water and Fire Temples. Confusing and frustrating. Ahsahdakflfgf.
I also really hate Phantom Hourglass's Temple of The Ocean King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom