• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hardest Boss Battles?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What are some of the hardest boss battles you've seen in a video game?
For me, that would have to go to the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure (I only ever played through Sonic's story, but it's in other stories as well). The patterns were simple, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. I literally spent hours trying to beat him before I finally succeeded.

Dullahan from Golden Sun The Lost Age is a nightmare! He kills off half my team and by the time I get some of em back on their feet, he kills off everyone in one fell swoop.

Any boss with an OHKO move and tons of HP automatically goes on this list.

Ness' Nightmare was pretty annoying too.

Dr. Weil

Phoenix Magnion

Aria of Sorrow's Grim Reaper

The Star Magician

Million Dollar Gunman wasn't particularly hard but I hate bosses that you have to chase down. I'm just glad I had Shinobu instead of Travis.

Mido

Version 1
What are some of the hardest boss battles you've seen in a video game?
For me, that would have to go to the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure (I only ever played through Sonic's story, but it's in other stories as well). The patterns were simple, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. I literally spent hours trying to beat him before I finally succeeded.

It was always the twist at the end of fighting the Viper that would do me in! One of my favorite bosses in Sonic, but definitely one of the hardest, and rightfully so!

For me, it's a toss-up between The Anglar Emperor in Star Fox Command (Via two of the endings); Shwann in Tales of Vesperia (Thank you, Azure Edge); Duke in the same game: a fellow I am still trying to beat; The Master Puppet in Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2; and most of the bosses from AVGN Adventures. I just need to 'get good' as the kids say these days, so I can brush up on 2D side-scrolling action skills!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It was always the twist at the end of fighting the Viper that would do me in! One of my favorite bosses in Sonic, but definitely one of the hardest, and rightfully so!
I remember I was so happy the first time I got there. I was watching Eggman fly around, ship burning, and thinking "Yes! Yes! I did it!" then Tikal said that something felt off. I was confused for a second...
And then I died.
One of the most rage-inducing moments in my gaming history.

Thunderbird from Adventure of Link killed me quite a few times, as did Baruba (Volvagia) from that same game, until I got the timing right (now he's one of the easiest in the game for me). Uh… who else… the end boss from Baten Kaitos was quite tough. And for some reason, the Bone Dragon from Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) killed me a good number of times as well.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Matador from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Matador is one of the first Fiends you find in the game, and he comes early. His signature move Red Capote will max out his evasion stat, so unless you hit him with a Rakunda or Sukukaja (debuff spells), your attacks will miss. If you miss, you two lose chances out of four to act that turn. Likewise, you need to find a way to lower his attack and defense while buffing your own, all on top keeping your party healed every turn. If you don't heal up enough, a little bit of dialogue pops up after his multi-hit attack saying "The comfort of death will come to all, for man and demon alike..." and it's game over for you.

Daisoujou and Dante (from Devil May Cry!) both count too, but at least they show up later. But a good chunk of ATLUS boss fights tend to be brutal; so much so that they have their own subsection on TV Tropes for "That One Boss."

Terranigma - Bloody Mary

eGRhOTEzMTI=_o_terranigma-walkthrough-44-bloody-mary.jpg

Seriously one of the hardest bosses ever unless you seriously over level yourself for it.

Donkey Kong 64 - K.Rool

th

A very hard boss battle. You have to beat him 5x over. Each of the 5 times has a 2 minute time limit. If you fail the time limit you start that round over. His health regenerates but yours does not. If you die you have to start all 5 rounds all over again. Super tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom