• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Alttp Temple

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm still on my first playthrough of A Link to the Past, and am currently stuck on the Ice Palace. I can already say I hate that place. Probably because there are so many floors in it, and I slip on the ice so much that I can't even make it back to where I was because I die.-_-

I didn't have a huge problem with Skull Woods, only taking down the boss was a challenge for me.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
They're all easy for me now, but I still find Turtle Rock to be nerve-racking. If you run out of magic you're pretty much done for. Also that part where you have to navigate that platform maze in the dark while dodging those flames is torture... And when you use the cane of Somaria to press down that button, the block has to be in just the right position. Sometimes you'll think it's holding down the button but you get to the door and realize it's still closed... Then you have to go all the way back to the button again. That being said though, Turtle Rock is one of my favorite dungeons because of its challenge and the boss.

I didn't think Skull Woods was challenging at all though... And the boss can be defeated in just a few seconds if you use the fire rod. I actually thought it was one of the easier bosses of the game.

The Ice Palace was probably the most difficult, mostly because of the circling-around you had to do and sometimes I would run out of magic. Skull woods was also a challenge, but a lot of fun. I also though it was the best designed, so I couldn't stay mad at it. :)

Kybyrian

Skull Woods was pretty challenging, and I don't remember Ganon's Tower very well, but I do remember the enemies being hard. I think I'd have to go with Skull Woods, though, since the difficulty wasn't presented by means of the enemies, which I like in a temple.

Ikana

Trollkastel
It was a close up between the Ice Palace one or Skull Woods so I choose Skull Woods since it was a pain.I really didn't find Ganon's Tower to be hard but I can't really say that since it has been quite some time since I last played Alttp.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Skull Woods gave me a hard time for awhile because of all the bumpers and spikes...and the fact that I didn't realize what Bombos did. *rolls eyes* Once I discovered that, it at least made it much easier to clear some rooms so that all I had to worry about were wallmasters.

Beyond that, Turtle Rock for its dependence on magic and also the aforementioned dark room with the rotating fire arms. I always go the wrong direction...or accidentally reach the door without pressing the switch first.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd only pick Turtle Rock for Trinexx. I don't know about anyone else, but he gave me a fight to be remembered (something like 10+ deaths). Aside from that, it is a tie between Skull Woods and Blind's Dungeon (forgot the name). I don't know what to do in the 4th dungeon, and the Woods are just annoying with the different entrances.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
The Ice Palace used to be the hardest temple for me in ALttP, but now that I'm re-playing it on the GBA version, I've actually found that Ganon's Tower is now the hardest place for me to beat. I'm constantly getting my butt kicked by the enemies that are in there and of course I find myself running out of magic as well as bombs when I'm trying to switch the colored switch in order to get further. Why can't bombs just explode just a few seconds later so that way I won't have to use so many when I'm trying to make the switch switch? *cries* But yes, Ganon's Tower is now the hardest place in ALttP for me to beat.

Didn't the GBA Version of ALttP make the Ice Palace a lot easier? With the part that you have to drop the block down to the lower floor. It's a bit too easy now imo. Anyway, I would have to say Misery Mire is my least favorite. It's not that hard, but I just find it annoying and I hate going through it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Ganon's Tower is the hardest dungeon. But that is quite given, so I would probably say the Ice Palace (on the SNES, not the GBA because they made it easier on the GBA) or Misery Mire (I always like to call it Mystery Mire cause it's so hard lol). Turtle rock is also a good one, but only because there were 1 or 2 rooms that gave me a good whooping. Skull Woods is only confusing cause of all the entrances, but I thought it was quite easy. In the Light World dungeons, the Desert Palace is the hardest.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I got to agree with Link V, skull woods, no doubt. far second is the ice palace, far far away...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Didn't the GBA Version of ALttP make the Ice Palace a lot easier?

Actually, it removed the Cane of Somaria shortcut so technically, it made the Ice Palace harder.

For me, it would definately have to be Ganon's Tower. That sure was worth of being called the final dungeon if you ask me. There is just no way to accurately describe how much trouble I had in Ganon's Tower the first time I played the game.

I was dying all over the place, the puzzles were so dang hard. Even if you knew how to do the puzzles, there were some where you weren't always guarunteed to succeed the first time you do them even if you know how they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom