• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardcore or Casual 9 Year Olds?

If you played OoT, MM, TP, WW, you will understand what games are more epic, and what aren't. So do you hope SS is on the line of difficulty of OoT and MM. I played WII Sports Resort fencing, and it was a little easy. Are you a casual player?:tired: or hardcore player?:D Do you hope SS is hardcore? And most of all,
do you hope for the Dark Nuts? I hope that Skyward Sword isn't easy like TP, and WW D:, some things in those games were good, but got rid of the epic things in MM, and OoT. Sorry if there was a thread like this, tell me what you think!

OoT isn't that difficult, even compared to the other Zeldas. Your nostalgia is clouding your judgment.

My guess: Combat will be harder than any modern Zelda game (well, at least, for the first time you will have to really learn how to fight), but dungeons will be easier in general (on the other hand you will be always in a "dungeon").

Nintendo should just make a second quest, or a post-game plainly harder and end with that concern once and for all.

uuuhhhgg..... I was gonna say a great thing they had in OoT was the damage of the Iron Knuckles, and I didn't say it was difficult that much, what I mean is that the game had the right amount of life taken when attacked, this is for your opinion NOT debating, so dont say I cant say "casual" or "hardcore", you sound strange saying that, it sounds like your thinking i'm imature....... just tell me your opinions, why Iron Knuckles? DID YOU SEE TP'S DARK NUTS!!?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Correction: OoT isn't that difficult to GearHim. Just because I can breeze through ALttP doesn't mean others can; likewise just because I cannot get past the first palace of AoL doesn't mean others can't.

I am a hardcore player; I play shooters, I do Three Heart Challenges in Zelda, I do Critical Mode playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts, I especially do minimalist runs in Zelda though that may be blocked off in SS [refer to the Volcano Summit video to see Fi's dialogue stating that you cannot survive with your current heart total, giving off the impression that you HAVE to have a certain number of hearts to progress]. I'm expecting SS to be a casual-based difficulty. I want it to be comparable to OoT or AoL in difficulty. Mind you, I didn't find OoT to be all that difficult, but it wasn't as easy as other games that I've played. I want SS to be "just right" for the first playthrough, then the second quest if it even exist could be OMG hard. :D

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Truthfully, I just want it to be fun :) and it does seem like that with the sword combat! I want a game to be challenging and all, but not to the point where its annoying to play like it was in some parts in AOL. Having fun is what one of the main points of a game is after all. So Im probably In between the two, though I dont like the terms Casual and Hardcore gamers. It just seems kinda stupid to me, but hey, thats just me :)

interesting replies, sorry that you feel I shouldn't use those words, Iwill use little kid level to zelda expert, not hurting the guys who cant win that easily.

M

Matthew

I wouldn't call myself a casual player, or a hardcore player.
I've played every Zelda game I could get my hands on nonetheless, but it wasn't until very recently I was able to play again.
I don't want to get too deep into my own life, because it's obviously not the topic, but I played OoT when I was young around five, and that was my first Zelda game. When I was about six, I didn't have an N64 anymore, but I ended up living with my cousins, and they had the Collector's Edition for Gamecube, so that was when I got my first exposure to Majora's Mask. Even though TLOZ, and TAOL were on the game, I never had any desire to play them, and still haven't to this day.
So eventually, I inherited the Gamecube, and Collector's Edition, and played them frequently when I was ten. I eventually traded the Gamecube(Oh noes!) and Collector's Edition game for....PS2 games(at least it wasn't Xbox games, right? ;D).
Then I got Phantom Hourglass for DS, and played that one frequently also.(2009)
I haven't played since then. But I miss playing the games so much, and I'm a really big fan. I know all the stories of it all. I like to watch the Staff do the walkthroughs.

So, I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore fan, but I wouldn't say I'm a casual nine year old either. Nine year olds are ignorant, and that's one thing I am not.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, it depends on how you approach a game: If you mainly care for things like story, cutscenes, progression, and to a lesser extent graphics, music etc. than maybe a very easy game is better for you. But I personally care more for the gameplay and its mechanics instead, the other things mentioned above have their importance too but are secondary. This gives a better feel of accomplishment after beating parts of the game. Therefore I like my games to be moderately challenging like aLttP and MM but of course not frustratingly hard like some places in AoL. I'm still fine if it's a bit lower on the scale like for example OoT, but I don't want a game to feel like a pre-rendered movie which you have to sit/breeze through with zero customisation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom