• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Happy Zelday!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
To all my fellow Zelda fans here, happy Zelday! Zelda turns 30 today, and it's a grand day!

It wasn't exactly 30 years ago that I played my first Zelda game, but it was close. It was actually early 1987 when I held a NES controller in my [probably] sticky little toddler hands and played The Legend of Zelda for the first time. I fell in love immediately with the exploration and adventure of the game, even though I didn't understand what was happening (I didn't speak, much less read, English).

Fast forward 30 years, and I'm still playing Zelda games.

Needless to say, it was Zelda that made me love video games, and if it weren't for this series, I would not only not be on this website, but I probably wouldn't be as into gaming as I was.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I like the name, Cav! Good one.
Anyways, happy birthday to Link, to Zelda, to Ganon, and the series itself, which has changed all our lives forever.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
If only Nintendo cares half as much as the fans when it came to things like this. Then again release dates were not amazing events in the 80's either. Things just came out when the stores got them in.

True. But I think there is enough interest throughout the gaming world that on a day like today, Nintendo should do something for the fan. We're a lot more connected, and we expect a lot more these days. Back then, people didn't know any better. I suppose today we know too much for our own good.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
And..... Nintendo completely ignores this so called huge day.......

Besides that unpleasantness. Happy Birthday Link, Zelda and Ganondorf!

But we cannot forget the most important character. Happy Birthday Old Man in a Cave! May you give your sword to all of the young impressionable boys you meet!

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash

But seriously, I didn't even realize it was the franchise's birthday. It strikes me kind of odd that I didn't even see Nintendo acknowledge it much. Today would have been a perfect day to, I don't know, release a new Zelda trailer or something...

Djinn

and Tonic
True. But I think there is enough interest throughout the gaming world that on a day like today, Nintendo should do something for the fan. We're a lot more connected, and we expect a lot more these days. Back then, people didn't know any better. I suppose today we know too much for our own good.
I think the big difference is that Zelda has been historically popular in the west since the early 90's, but has always been soso in Japan. But at least they are slowly recognizing how they can capitalize on that popularity in recent years.

I haven't been around as long as the series, and it's become my favorite in gaming.

Currently, I'm doing text based reviews on DeviantArt on each game at a time.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
But we cannot forget the most important character. Happy Birthday Old Man in a Cave! May you give your sword to all of the young impressionable boys you meet!
Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! Stop man, your killing me XD!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom