• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Happy Saint Patricks Day!!

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Well As it comes this year on the 17th of March it is time for us to celebrate the Long awaited day that Zelda Fans alike know and Love! Saint Patrick's Day!! It is a joyous day of wearing green, Drinking ale, beer(for those over 21),pinching those who aren't wearing Green, and to enjoy all the parades! I wish ye a Happy Saint Patrick's Day! From Me to Zelda Dungeon!:)

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! And remember to wear green (today matches with Link's regular tunic color, green!) or you'll get pinched! :)

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I already had my luck today, so pinch me, even though I am wearing green... :)
I hope others will get lucky today as well.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Hmm... I'm 9% Irish, the rest being 85% Italian and 6% German. I don't think this is my day, but good tidings to the rest of you. :yes:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Happy St.Patricks day!

Here's some background on Mr Patrick;

Patrick was not born in island, but in the west of England, in what was the Roman Empire.

He was the son of a wealthy nobleman.

Patrick means "Nobleman" in Latin.

Patrick was captured and brought to Ireland as a slave.

He slaved for 6 years on a mountain.

He did not wear a bishop's hat or carry a rod. These were added by artists a century or two later.

Patrick was supposedly suspected of writing the first two written documents in Ireland, as there was no written Irish/Gaelic up to that point. He wrote his "Confessio" (basically a biography) and one other document, which slips my mind at the current moment.

Patrick was not religious until the second year of his capture.

He travelled from the north west of ireland to the south in order to get a boat back home.

After training to become a priest, he returned to Ireland.

After establishing a church, an English king sent a small raid group to slaughter his followers.

Patrick was deeply saddened by this, and fell into depression.

The depression was later replaced by rage, and he wrote several angry letters, excommunicating the bishops and king of england from the church.

Patrick was taken back to england and tried for this 'crime' of defending his fallen comrades.

His best friend gave evidence against him.

~~~~

And that's all for now. If I remember anything else, i'll be sure to tell you! ;D

Last edited:

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
I'm 80% Irish and 20% English So I enjoy it, I enjoy ALOTA.lol:) also even if your slightly part Irish, your still welcome to enjoy the day!!!:) :):):):)::)

I had some delicious corn beef and potatoes for the day. :9 Very tasty...
I'm, like at least 60% Irish and 40% Hylian. :yes: And if all of you dressed up like Link today, you wouldn't have to worry about getting pinched, would you now? :)

And like Cel-Shaded Deku, I'm having stuff other than beer. :P White tea. :nod:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom