• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Happy Mask Salesman... Evil or Not?

I don't think he's evil. I think he's Death.

I don't buy into the Link is Dead theory but I think the Mask Salesman and the Moon Children are Grim Reapers of a sort.

That means they aren't good or evil. They're mostly indifferent. The Mask Salesman would be drawn to Termina because the world is about to end without the intervention of Link (and his time traveling Ocarina). He would pop up during a big battle between good and evil (at the beginning of SS) because the body count would be massive on both sides in that.

he might evil. i think he had something to do with the ancient tribe and majora.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
He probably did cause a lot of things to happen. Let's say hypothetically he did have powers (afterall nobody can ever really prove it.) He would have easily prevented Majora's Mask from getting into skull kids hands, but he didn't. Why? Because he saw an oppurtunity, he saw someone who could unleash the masks powers. Why would he do that? Because maybe he is a part of the tribe from Majora's Masks orgin story. Afterall it is the HMS himself who tells link the masks orgins. He says nobody knows the masks true powers, but before he even said that he told link the masks powers, he's contradicting himself left and right. Besides, how does he know so much about the mask? There is definatly something he is hiding.

He used link to get the mask back by saying he would help link. In my opinion it was all a plot to re and the tribe of legend. He used skull kid to unleash the mask, he used link to stop skull kid, and the mask. He did this all probably to show the tribe that they are needed, there are still bad things which could be unleashed. (The events of the game were just masterminded by the happy mask salesman, who lucked out by getting link's help.) So I mean I don't thing he was evil, he just went about everything the wrong way, all for personal gain. Then again he is a salesman of happiness, at the end of the game everyone turns out happy. So maybe, just maybe, he did everyone who experianced those events a favor.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I don't think he's evil. I think he's Death.

I don't buy into the Link is Dead theory but I think the Mask Salesman and the Moon Children are Grim Reapers of a sort.

That means they aren't good or evil. They're mostly indifferent. The Mask Salesman would be drawn to Termina because the world is about to end without the intervention of Link (and his time traveling Ocarina). He would pop up during a big battle between good and evil (at the beginning of SS) because the body count would be massive on both sides in that.

You know Demise's Italian name is Mortipher which comes from the Latin name Mortifer which is a Latin name for Death right? Proof? Here's the evidence:

http://zeldawiki.org/Demise

scroll down to the "Names in Other Regions" section to see what I'm talking about.

Yes, this essentially means that HMS is not Death.

Anyways, I don't think the HMS is evil. I do believe there was a time that he once served Majora but by MM he betrayed him cause Majora was a sick evil monster and HMS got tired of his evil tricks. I get this idea from that the moon suggests that HMS was once one of the moon children who serve Majora, HMS got sick of Majora's twisted games and left his side to become a salesman as he seeks out hero like Link who can help him. I believe that the salesman from SS, Rupin was the HMS, he looks very much like him and is mysterious and strange like him, even has somewhat of that same creepy vibe to him like HMS does. Here's a comparison to prove my point:

Rupin:
Rupin.png

HMS:
MM_Happy_Mask_Salesman.png

Even wiki compared the two:

http://zeldawiki.org/Rupin

Rupin bears a similar personality and physical mannerisms to the Happy Mask Salesman. Both have similar facial expressions and mood swings, and are shop owners. - Zelda Wiki

Though the only problem is that Rupin has a mother named Goselle. Though Rupin could've been just a human incarnated form that the HMS chose for himself so reincarnated as Goselle's son, Rupin. Or he could've been found by Goselle while he was still a moon child and Goselle could've raised him as her own son from there. Either that, he could actually be the son of a moon child grown up or maybe the other way around, Rupin is a son of the HMS, maybe when Goselle was young and beautiful, she could've gotten it on with the HMS and had Rupin but the HMS had to leave and his son, Rupin just happened inherit the HMS traits when it comes to character. Who knows. Everything is a secret to everybody. Sorry, I had to make that reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom