• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Happy Mask Salesman: Ally or Enemy?

HMS: Friend or Foe

• Devious enemy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thoughtful friend

• Undecided

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
Everyone who has played Majora's Mask remembers the Happy Mask Salesman (HMS). He is the first character you meet in Termina, and, in my opinion, one of the most memorable because of his mysterious background and, er, well, "special quirks."

Now, the HMS urges you to retrieve the Ocarina of Time and his special mask. When you return with the ocarina, but not the mask, he goes off his rocker. Is this a glimpse of who the HMS really is? A crazed maniac intent on unleashing the power of Majora's Mask? Unfortunately, this moment only last for, well, a moment, and he never seems to lower his guard during any other scenes in the game. For now, all we have is speculation.

However, perhaps the HMS is just who he says he is. A man who came from a distant land after accidently releasing the power of Majora's Mask, a man in desperate need of a hero to save to realm of Termina from what he inadvertently caused. The HMS works with you from the beginning, giving you hints, vague hints at that, but hints nonetheless. He also saves you if the moon falls. If he didn't save you, there would be no do-overs, right? No more game, no more adventure of epic porportions. Just an epic fail. The Happy Mask Salesman saves you from an epic fail.

This way, you continue on with the game with your goal in mind: Save Termina!

So what is your opinion on this pressing matter? Is the HMS a saintly, helpful friend? Or a dastardly, devious foe? Tell all here!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The HMS to me is a nice traveling salesperson who has no intention of doing evil but has very interesting powers.

Teleporting and summoning object from no where is rather creepy if you ask me.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
bit more of a enemy.....is it just me or did it seem like he knew all that was going to happen.....??????like i can see how he is a friend, in manny diffrent ways but...WHY did he take the MASK n the first place? if you find a cursed mask.....LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS AND SLLLOOOWWLYY WALK AWAY!!!!!(ittl make the moment last longer >:)

Epona

Ordon Village
I think he's a thoughtful friend. Not a close friend, since he tried to strangle Link at one point, o_O but I don't think he's an enemy. He never tried to hurt Link throughout the game, he wasn't out to get him, he wasn't trying to kill him, he wasn't trying to destroy Termina. He was creepy and weird, but I definitely don't think he's Link's enemy.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
His intentions are good and noble. When he starts freaking out when you bring him the Ocarina of Time, he knows what the mask is capable of and probably had to change his pants when he realizes that. Without him playing the song of healing, you wouldn't be able to progress through the game. So, he is definitely an ally, creepy as he may be.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I think he is an enemy. If he was good, why would he have been after Majora's Mask in the first place, before the Skull Kid took it? He knew the power the mask had, and he knew no good could come of it but for SOME REASON he wanted it anyway. I have a feeling he wasn't planning on doing good things with it, especially after his melt down when Link doesn't bring it back and only returns with his ocarina.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think he's trustful. But then again, why does he have the Majora's Mask? He said himself that it had powers. But in OoT, he looks an original Happy Salesman Mask.:)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I've always thought of him as an ally. .. although he does seem pretty disheartened in the ending when he finds out the evil inside the mask has been destroyed.

You know, I always thought the Mask Salesman was some kind of...entity. A shapeshifter of sorts. Always just kind of...there. Remember at the end of MM when he just...faded? Creeped. Me. Out. I think hes devious at times, but also an invaluable ally. Conclusion: Hes good with a twist.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I think of him kind of as a split personality, one minute he throws Link into a wild, dangerous adventure and the next he's all buddy-buddy and thanks you...strange guy.

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
i just think hes CREEPY!!

hes not an enemy, just scary!!

im almost sure everyone who played the game was SHOCKED when he got those CRAZY GHOUL EYES!!:cry::cry::O:O

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
I think he had some sort of devious plan going on behind his, get my mask in three days before I leave on business. He KNEW the moon would fall in three days! he had something to do with all of that......... I just don't know what.

I do not think he is an enemy because he does help you get back to human form.

So if he is not your enemy and he helps you with your quest, I believe he is an ally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom