• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Handwritten mail or email?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So some people still like handwritten letters/cards. But more often than not communication is going through the internet. Birthday cards, Christmas greetings etc. Even with applications it's going through the internet. Understandable because it goes much faster. And the risk of your mail to get lost while on it's way is way less. Still some people/companies prefer handwritten mail. I personally don't really care about handwritten mail anymore. I also send my cards through the email or through social media.
Anybody here who still prefers handwritten mail or couldn't you care less about it?

I dont do either. If people want me they should call me.

In my opinion email can be just as bad as physical mail. It can get lost in junk folders, get corrupted, you could get hacked, delete something forever, lose your password, be unable to open attachments etc.

With regular mail it'll either get lost or get to you but ive had much less hassle with physical mail.

I like the personal touch of cards from people you're friends with who live a long way away.

With email if you send something like an application and the other person doesnt respond you don't even know if they've seen it and you get stuck in a horrible limbo waiting for a reply that may never come. Or even if they did read and try to reply something may have gone wrong on their end.

Mich like gaming i prefer the physical way.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My writing is so bad that you wouldn't be able to read it anyway so I don't send handwritten letters anymore, only electronic. Saves the rainforests too.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Electronic all the way for me. The concept of a handwritten letter is nice, but then I'm stuck with this physical item that I feel guilty throwing away, but also have no need to hold onto. I know myself, and I'm not someone who go through old cards and letters. I stick them in some box and then just put it off for later to figure out what to do with them

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like electronic stuff more for the convenience of course.

There is something nice about sending or receiving a handwritten letter when you've been away from someone for a long time though. I've sent a few postcards back home since living in Japan, I think it is nice for my family to receive something physical on top of making calls online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom