• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Halo 5

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Halo is one of my favourite franchises and with E3 is coming up pretty soon, more Halo 5 goodness is gonna be revealed.
So for all those excited about the game, what do you want to or expect to see at e3?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The only thing I want put to rest is, who will we be playing as? There was a lot of rumours and leaks about it being a Metal Gear Solid 2 type deal, where we'd play as Chief for only a bit of the game and Locke would be the main character. Which I'm torn on, but I suppose Locke does look like an interesting character. Still want to play as Chief, though!

Just more gameplay footage would be nice, but I'm just waiting for release now. The MP Beta showed that the gameplay is solid, really well done, so I just hope the Campaign is up to snuff. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only thing I want put to rest is, who will we be playing as? There was a lot of rumours and leaks about it being a Metal Gear Solid 2 type deal, where we'd play as Chief for only a bit of the game and Locke would be the main character. Which I'm torn on, but I suppose Locke does look like an interesting character. Still want to play as Chief, though!

Just more gameplay footage would be nice, but I'm just waiting for release now. The MP Beta showed that the gameplay is solid, really well done, so I just hope the Campaign is up to snuff. :)

Yeah hope so too. Campaign is the best bit for me so I am looking forward to a good story.
What I want to know is will be be getting more Spartan ops? We were supposed to get another chapter with halo 4 but it never happened.

The people who started with Halo 2 or 3 are probably in the franchise for the multiplayer, but I was first hooked onto Combat Evolved because it had such a great campaign. Halo 4's campaign wasn't bad by any means; in fact, it was very emotional with great backdrop to boot. But it didn't quite have that epic journey feel the original trilogy had to it.

I honestly had no idea there were rumors about Locke being a playable character until I read Mercedes's post above. I wouldn't necessarily mind another Halo 2 situation; however, I feel like Master Chief is the strongest character in the Halo universe by far. From the little I know about Locke, I'm not sure he would be as interesting a second character as The Arbiter.

Multiplayer should be fine. I really disliked the direction Reach took the multiplayer in, but it seems Halo 5 is once more forging a unique online identity for the franchise. As far as additional modes go, I want to see something fresh. I wasn't a fan of Spartan Ops or Firefight before it.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The multiplayer looks great from what I played in the beta. Easily the most fun I've had since Halo 3 (best Halo multiplayer IMO). Halo MP has always been about the weapons, and I'm glad they're focusing on that once more. I hated in Halo 4 MP when weapons from dead enemies would despawn only after a few seconds and how weapon drops were seemingly random. Someone could get rockets and you'd get a ****ty needler.

As for the campaign, I recall somewhere 343 saying that the chief is still the main protagonist. I'd imagine a situation similar to Halo 2, but with less Arbiter fluff missions (aka the heretic missions from the first half of Halo 2) since Locke is hunting the Chief (so it all seems focused on the big guy in green).

Regardless, I can't wait to see where the series takes us. Even when Halo 2 and Halo 3 were thought to take place on Earth, we also got to visit High Charity, the Ark, Installations 03 and 04b. That something Halo has always done in spades: odd horizons.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Great news. I felt like Halo's always remained a great single-player and I'm happy that'll likely not be changing, but, yeah, the shift in MP wasn't for the best. The Beta seemed solid and free map packs will be a great addition. This might be a bit of bridge building after the Master Chief Collection released not so stellar.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
EDIT: re-post of what Alit said. I didn't read, just posted this, lol.

Game Informer has a whole slew of new Halo 5 info:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...y-cover-revealed-halo-5-guardians-923520.aspx

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free? hub page (front page)&utm_content=12

Halo 5 will ship with 20 MP maps, and 15 more will be released as free DLC... Free... Meaning at no cost to players (not a word you hear often).
It's also taking a page out of Halo 3 co-op by skinning each of the 4 co-op players differently with different starting weapons. During the Chief missions, you play as Blue Team (Chief and his child-hood Spartan-II buds) and in the Locke missions you play as Fireteam Osiris (Locke and his Spartan-IV buds). All 4 co-op players will be present in cutscenes apparently.

For those of you who played Halo: ODST...

640px-H5G-Spartan_Buck.jpg

Eddy Buck is a Spartan IV, and is part of Locke's team... :eek:

Reactions: Dio

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Buck! Buck no, don't hurt the Chief Buck. :( I wonder if any of the other guys from ODST will turn up, it'd be pretty cool. Loved that game.

Everything sounding good anyway, and I never expected free map packs so that's a welcome surprise. They've also said there'll never be a Halo without a beta ever again. Good!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Apparently the covenant will speak English again as many no longer follow Jul 'Mdama who was the main Elite in charge of the fanatics in Halo 4. He didn't want them speaking English apparently.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Todays trailer and gameplay looked great. I'm looking forward to release day which is the day I will be getting the game. The new Warfare mode in multiplayer looks pretty fun 24 players in a match I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom