• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hall of Fame

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Pokemon Emerald Hall of Fame:
Chub/Lanturn ♀ Lv 50
Selene/Azumarill ♀ Lv 53
Steele/Gyarados ♂ Lv 52
Faye/Kingdra ♀ Lv 53
Aero/Pelipper ♂ Lv 51
Lucky/Swampert ♀ Lv 53

in this case, it's interesting to see just how the exp change affects the levels of your Pokemon from the originals to the remakes. It could be due to enemy levels being scaled up in the remakes and therefore being worth more exp as well as more trainers to battle. But I may just do a blog about difficulty in Pokemon monotype runs after finishing up (I have X and Pearl to finish, then may start Silver and/or Platinum afterwards. No way in heck I'm doing a legit run of rby).

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Pokémon Sword with:

Basil (Cinderace)
Nerevar (Corviknight)
Aqua (Drednaw)
Lance (Sirfetch'd)
Malus (Flapple)
Apophis (Sandaconda)

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I've only memorized my full teams since gen 4

Diamond:
Empoleon
Luxray
Gastrodon
Pachirisu
Honchkrow
Toxicroak

Then that copy got stolen from me, so after getting a new one, my new team was:
Torterra
Staraptor
Rampardos
Rapidash
Bronzong
Lumineon

White:
Samurott
Liepard
Simisear
Krookodile
Crustle
Swanna

Y:
Delphox
Gogoat
Aegislash
Goodra
Avalugg
Barbaracle

Sun:
Decidueye
Alolan Muk
Crabominable
Salazzle
Golisopod
Togedemaru

Sword:
Inteleon
Greedent
Coalossal
Copperajah
Runerigus
Dragapult

Mikey the Moblin

Crystal hall of fame:
Doc/Poliwrath Lv 41
Blarajan/Feraligatr Lv 42
Netherious/Suicune Lv 42
Bluesky/Gyarados Lv 40
Nighty/Quagsire Lv 43
Gnast/Slowking Lv 39

man this level curve kills me every time
pokemon were nicknamed after smogon VGC people

Pearl hall of fame:
Brie/Gyarados ♀ Lv 53
Gwyneth/Pelipper ♀ Lv 52
Nicole/Gastrodon ♀ Lv 52
Idris/Palkia Lv 52
Jason/Floatzel ♂ Lv 52
Chadwick/Empoleon ♂ Lv 55

Brooo cynthia isn't even hard this game gives you a free choice specs how you lose with that

just Pokemon Y and FireRed to go and I'll do that blog
firered by the way is shaping up to be the hardest run easily

Mikey the Moblin

As most of you know I've been doing a mono water run through of every single pokemon game and I just recently got my hands on a copy of pokemon black

...but monotype challenges in black are apparently physically impossible! I was forced to use a not-water type pokemon to progress the game, so I guess black and white are the hardest games to mono type! On a technicality.

Posting this here because this is basically my hof post except I failed

Last edited:

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Brilliant Diamond with:

Neptune (Empoleon) Lv. 66
Lion-O (Luxray) Lv. 66
Zephyr (Staraptor) Lv. 66
Gwyndolin (Gardevoir) Lv. 64
Aaron (Lucario) Lv. 64
Vritra (Garchomp) Lv. 62

MW7

I never played generation 4 before, and I loved Brilliant Diamond so much that I played it back to back to back to back. I think I am done for a while now.

1st
Clefable level 64
Garchomp level 65
Magnezone level 64
Empoleon level 70
Gligar level 62 (learned the evolution is post game after I already put time into it)
Gyarados level 63

Set up dragon dance with Gyarados on Milotic which swept the rest of Cynthia's team. As the levels suggest, I used Empoleon for a lot of battles.

2nd
Clefable level 69
Infernape level 69
Bronzong level 63
Gastrodon level 63
Gyarados level 64
Drifblim level 59

Set up cosmic power with Clefable on Spiritomb and swept Cynthia's team as nothing could hurt it without a critical hit.

3rd
Blissey level 67
Torterra level 65
Crobat level 67
Gyarados level 61
Abomasnow level 62
Lucario level 62

This run my goals were to not use set up moves to boost stats and somehow use Abomasnow. I learned that you could find leech seed as an egg move on a Snover in the Grand Underground which made Abomasnow much more useful. The other strategy I added was using Taunt on Crobat against several pokemon that try to set up. I highly recommend it against Flint's Drifblim as it has no attacking moves and has to struggle. Abomasnow walls Milotic entirely and could one shot Garchomp after barely surviving poison sting.

4th
Honchkrow level 61
Crobat level 65
Hippowdon level 61
Empoleon level 65
Roserade level 63
Gyarados level 61

This run was by far the scariest. I did not think through how to use Honchkrow, and literally my analysis was any dark type will do well against Lucian which Honchkrow does not at all as 4 of the 5 pokemon can hit it for super effective damage with either fairy or electric moves. It could work with proper support like tailwind or light screen from another pokemon before it comes into battle. Then Cynthia was terrifying as my slightly lower level Crobat than last run was out sped by Garchomp so it was able to use a swords dance before taunt, and she had one more full restore than I thought (she for some reason could see her Lucario was a lost cause at low health and didn't heal so I assumed she was out). Luckily Hippowdon's yawn saved the day and for safety I used bulldoze a few times in case something else needed to finish off Garchomp but it stayed asleep for several turns until it fainted.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Did a replay of Pokémon Crystal and beat Lance yesterday!

Meganium - Felt like going with the grass starter this time. I love all the Johto-starters!

Magmar - Got a Magby from my mystery egg at the daycare!

Heracross - Got from a headbutt-tree. Never really learnt any especially good moves, but I gave it Strength and it ridiculous attack-stat was enough to make it a powerhouse.

Xatu - Needed to have someone with Fly just to make it easier to get around, and with the choices available, this was the one I've used the least. But honestly, in gen 2, Xatu's moveset really sucks... The only psychic-type move it learns is Psychic, which is great, but it's at level 65!

Lapras - Wasn't planning on having a Lapras on my team as my Water-type, but I just happened to beat the fourth gym and got Surf on a friday, and as I'd never had a Lapras on my main team before, I figured why not try it? It's a bit slow, but it has great moves. So much fun to play around with Perish Song! Unfortunately, it can't learn Waterfall, so I had to switch it out of the team for a little while at Tojho Falls until I got to the Indigo League.

Jynx - Weirdly enough, doesn't learn any psychic-type moves in gen 2... But is also another Pokémon that I've never used on a main team, so I caught one in Ice Path. A bit of a glass cannon tbh, but managed to 1-hit-KO all three of Lances Dragonites with Ice Punch! And it was only level 39!

Reactions: MW7

MW7

Pokemon Scarlet

Toedscruel Level 64
Houndoom Level 64
Weavile Level 64
Tinkaton Level 63
Gyarados Level 63
Lucario Level 63

The first three did almost all the work for the elite 4. Tinkaton finished one fight, and the last two weren't used at all. Dachsbun and Clodsire were my two favorite new pokemon that I used a ton throughout the run, but I thought they weren't the best for the elite 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom