• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hair length

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How long do you keep your hair and/or your beard (if applicable)? What hair lengths do you find attractive? Do you have different preferences when it comes to males and females?

My hair is currently past my shoulder blades, and I'm letting it grow to the small of my back. Once it's to my goal length, I'll probably cut it short and donate it.

I prefer shorter hair styles on both males and females. I personally also like short hair because it cuts out a lot of shower/hair drying time.

I keep my pompadour about 4 inches tall, and i have wolverine sideburns which get pretty bushy.

I find different hair lengths attractive. Some women look better with long hair some look better with short. I don't have a particular length in mind when I'm looking for a woman, the hair just has to be clean and well looked after.

On males I think pompadours are cool, I like hair that looks like a mane too.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
For myself I keep it short. My hair is much too thick, as in too much hair, to let it get too long. There are problems when it is too long. There's no taming it and it gets pretty crazy. I no longer clean shave, but I do keep it as close as my trimmer will go without removing the guide. I do think it looks good, but my main motivation for how I have it now is comfort, not looks. I don't really like varying it, but that makes it easy for the barber, don't even have to say what I want because he knows. And ever since I stopped clean shaving, I've never been asked what I wanted done with the sideburns (I usually made them seamless with the hairline instead of the more common awkward straight line level with the ground).

For the opposite sex, I tend to prefer somewhere between just below the ears and just over halfway between the neck and shoulders. But I'm not much a fan of anything outside that zone.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
My hair is quite short, and buzzed on the sides and back. For girls it really depends on the girl but I don't like it TOO long.

Djinn

and Tonic
When it grows past my shoulders I trim it. But shoulder is the line which I decide it has grown too long.

It has been longer in the past, but I really hate that leaning back in a chair and trap hair thing. Or when it lashes me across the eyes when the car window is down.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I suppose I forgot to mention when I decide to cut it. My hair gets very curly on its own, but not a uniform, good looking curly, just totally chaotic and ugly curly. I cut it once it's at the point where it starts curling into my ears. That I can't stand. For my beard, I trim it once it starts itching. There's a point where whiskers will itch for quite some time. Eventually they'll stop once they get longer, but I never let it go that far.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When I go to my barber, he knows exactly how I like it done too. For a long while now I have refused to see anyone else and I get a perfect haircut every time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I would really love to be able to grow my hair out, I really would, but my hair is really thick and as a result, I can't keep it straight no matter what I do. Once it gets to a certain point, I get wings, and can't get rid of them, and that's when I usually start wearing a touque everywhere before I finally decide to chop it all off.

Pixie cut! I cannot have longer hair because I don't know how to style it properly and it gets crazy frizzy and just looks awful. Maybe someday I'll hit the sweet spot of having long hair that I can manage, with time and inclination to properly manage it.

When I'm looking at a partner, I'm pretty impartial to their hair. It all depends on what they like and can carry off.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Right now, it's barely at my chin, and has blue streaks through it that are very new. A month ago, it was all the way down to the small of my back and brown as brown could be. I do not regret my decision in the slightest.

I'm a helplessly hairy guy from a hairy lineage, but in spite of this I can't stand to let my hair grow out. My brothers and I—save for one, on occasion—have always sported buzz cuts. It seems to be a sort of unwritten tradition thing. The longest I've ever grown my hair out was like a little over 7" long, and it's really silky and wavy. I hated it; made me look like Sri Lankan Fabio. Glad I got rid of that.

However, I tend to let my beard grow liberally whenever life permits it. What I mean is, well, my job has this thing about maintaining a 'clean-shaven, hygienic appearance,' so off it goes. Though I still sport the rugged, five o'clock shadow look from time to time. I've always dreamt of someday having a beard that reaches my feet in length, as I find that to be the epitome of virility.

Last edited by a moderator:

キラ

Yo!
On girls: Different types of short straight hair with bangs. Straight bangs, scene bangs, different types of bobs - all of those hairstyles are really cute. c:

short-haircuts-with-straight-bangs.jpg

On guys: Medium length hair, sometimes with bangs. Just not to over do it. I also like the very clean cut look.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My hair is long - it almost reaches by tailbone. I've always enjoyed having long hair, even though it can be a bit of a pain sometimes. i don't really have any preferences when it comes to others as different cuts suit different people better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom