• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gymnastics in MM

okay, in all zelda games link just jumps when he jumps. in MM he can do backflips and cartwheels and lots of other stuff way different from OoT. how is ths possible?

Obviously it was from his experience. He is more skilled in swordplay and movement than he was than OoT.

Perhaps Link practiced gymnastics while in the Kokiri forest a way to pass time. Or, maybe it is something he learned during the time he was sent back to his childhood in Ocarina of Time.
Then again, maybe Link is just magical, it is Zelda, you know.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Obviously it was from his experience. He is more skilled in swordplay and movement than he was than OoT.

yes thats the most logical explanation.

But still, i 'm wondering about 1 thing? In the beta trailers of OOT, you saw link preforming a frontflip followed with a jump attack when he ran off a cliff or something.

why didn 't they used this in OOT, its quite a shame they left this out.

Also i really wanted to see back this acrobatic movement of link in TP (before TP was out).

A

Ando

I dunno. Seeing TP Link flip around like that just... seems... off to me. He's too beastly for such things.

Still, though, the acrobatics Link performs in Majora's Mask are one of my favorite control additions. You totally don't expect it the first time. You're like run... jump-- FLIP?!
Good times!

Yeah, he must have just gotten more experienced etc. We know he's a little older in MM than he is in OoT, so he had the time to practice. Also , maybe all Hylians just have the ability of being acrobatic or something, because all of the Links (at least in the 3d games) can do things like that. In OoT, as young and old link, you could do back flips with the Z-target thing, in WW and TP you could do a flip of your enemies heads while slashing down at them, etc.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never really thought about why. I guess I jsut firgured that how Nintendo wanted him. :p
I thought it was amazing though, simply 'cause it looked sweet.

linkman8

True and Noble
I always wondered why he could do the acrobatics and whatnot. It confused me, but I thought it was cool, so I ignored it. I'd place it on either he got more experience, or Nintendo figured they'd add something cool in there just for fun.

Chris

It has been awhile...

He must have practiced, it is the only thing that makes sense. He may have just been training and learned that he could do backflips, ect. So ya, he must have been training.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Yeah, there is no in-universe logic to find because there is none. They just put it in there because it looked really cool. In a battle between logic and really cool moves, really cool moves typically wins.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
okay, in all zelda games link just jumps when he jumps. in MM he can do backflips and cartwheels and lots of other stuff way different from OoT. how is ths possible?

Well if you want to think outside "Zelda being real", they probably added it to make him seem more ... realistic or make the game more interesting...

I'd like to see a jump action like in Super Mario 64.

I'd like to see a jump action like in Super Mario 64.

mmm. I think I'd have to kill them if they did that.

I've noticed it, but I haven't really ever thought of it. I mean he does it in like all 3-D Zelda Games, and I guess it would be perfectly fine for all the younger ones like WW and MM, and early OoT to do it since they're like 5 feet tall but the big guys, ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom