• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Guns in Zelda: What Do the Fans at ZD Think?

Big Octo

=^)
steamboats, trains, etc are meant to make the game a little more steampunk

I'm more than certain that Nintendo isn't intending to make those titles more Steampunk esque, as it hardly resembles the genre. They're nothing more than advances in technology, which guns are.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The Zelda games with steamboats, trains, etc are meant to make the game a little more steampunk (magic and swords with post-industrial revolution technology), just because it has steampunk elements doesn't mean guns would be a good idea, it would change the gameplay so significantly that it could turn into a different genre, let's just leave the guns for Fable.

It would hardly change the gameplay, If you have a gun you would most likely have a blunderbuss. A very weak gun which would probably only serve as an item that stuns enemies, not killing them. This type of gun would bring a more fun type of gameplay, Shooting enemies from afar, stunning them then killing them. Just like the hookshot, but a different skin. Really sad how every Zelda fan seems to react to guns, Thinking it would turn into Call of Duty.. Which is impossible.

Oh btw, Fable and Zelda are the same genre, Fantasy.. :*

If Kid Icarus Uprising, which is generally set in a time before Zelda, can have guns of some sort, why can't the Zelda series have guns? I don't agree with modern guns like Sniper Rifles, AK-47s etc. but weapons that are made in the same fashion as Kid Icarus Uprising I welcome. Swords, Staffs, Cannons, Magic Spells, Clubs you name it.

Big Octo

=^)
I would hate to see guns in Zelda. I like the Midevil feel of the games. Guns just wouldn't be Zelda.

Zelda has progressed far beyond the medieval era. I still fail to understand the "guns wouldn't be Zelda" argument, as there's really nothing behind it.

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
Guns in Zelda would be nice, but as Vaati101 said I won't want to be seeing the modern types of guns.

As for the second question, I want to see some spellcasting as well. ^^ I also want some knives, staffs, clubs, daggers, and that crossbow in Link's Crossbow Training.

D.Marsden

Mistress Link
Idk. its a fantasy game. i might want to stick with magic and swords and bows etc. but good idea for others though

Big Octo

=^)
No, I wouldn't want to see guns in Zelda. It would feel too modern and hurt the fantasy aspect that Zelda is known for.

Once again, fantasy does not mean medieval. Take a look at Fable again, it's a fantasy game that worked well with primitive guns. And how are steamboats or trains, both of which guns predated, not making Zelda feel too modern for you?

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
Guns in Zelda is not a good idea because I feel the games are a sort of aimed at kids and if a kid looks at a zelda game he/she will think its ok
but then there would be guns in it and i don't think parents would like children under 12 or 13 to be shooting stuff.Plus it would take away the zelda feel and how its awesome.Plus i know lots of people who hate COD and modern shooters and like games like zelda also that also might alienate the fan base

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Everyone makes sense but even tho the gun would replace a bow but would do the same things as a bow, why replace the bow? It would go in as a new item that really doesnt help that much imo. But if they didnt use magic or something ans you had bullets, it doesnt fit right for me. Like, link has all these tools and is fighting moblins, then he pulls out gun and shoot them down? I dunno dont fell right.....

Also, anythingg modern in zelda, like boats and trains, are made so that it doesnt feel like its modern but it feels like something else(that makes no sense i know) Maybe its just the graphics or maybe its just that they dont feel like they are fresh out of the modern world.*shrugs at his weird answer*

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I would hate to see guns in Zelda. I like the Midevil feel of the games. Guns just wouldn't be Zelda.

*Puts on proffesor glasses

Actually, The Zelda games are not classed as "Medieval" era but rather the "Fantasy" era since elves, gorons, magic and dark monsters never existed on this world and are put in the fantasy world. In this fantasy world there also exist guns in the form of blunderblusses and muskets which also existed in the medieval times.

*Takes off proffesor glasses

So having guns in Zelda makes perfect sense, It actually makes less sense NOT to have them since it was pretty common back then and is still common to appear in the fantasy world. Plus, Zelda has advanced farther than the medieval era as Big Octo says, So it would be incorrect to call it medieval. :*

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom