• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gundam

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Gundam is big if not the biggest Mech Anime franchise as far as I'm aware of having 13 main full series and numerous spin-offs. The first Gundam series aired in the US and in Japan in year 1979 and was the series that started what is called the "real robot" era meaning that the mechs were treated as if common soldiers for reasons like, (in most cases) being piloted by normal pilots, being mass produced, using bullets instead of lasers, running out of ammo, and being defeated instead of almost unbeatable "super robots" in other franchises now and before then. So if anyone here does know about the franchise it's probably only about the Gundam series Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and Gundam Seed/Destiny because these are the only series recently aired on TV. Most people don't know about the other series in the franchise that aired before then and are only released on DVD and Blue Ray now. The Gunpla (standing for GUNdam PLAstic models) take up almost 90% (I think) of Japan's plastic model industry. These scale models of the mechs in the series can be purchased at places like Hobby Town USA. Here's a little AMV of the most recent Gundam series released in the US called Gundam Unicorn (It's also my favorite Anime) [video=youtube;W9NRjRl-uJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NRjRl-uJ0[/video] Feel free to discuss.

Last edited:
The gundam series are always good. Its interesting that in all the seasons there is someones wearing a mask.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I love the Gundam franchise, I've seen most of the main ones and would go back and watch them, it's amazing to see that the original MS Gundam can still be a very intriguing series - the plot, the character, the animation - so smooth.

My favorites are Zeta, Gundam 79, Gundam F91, Gundam 00, Char's Counterattack. Not a fan of Wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom