• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time guinness book of world records

yes, but that wasn't in the book of records, so even if they did it in two hours, it sdeosn't count, because it wasn't recorded by book of records representations. Tell me, was this person hacking other than the run backwards? say, using a bullet run hack ??

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
yes, but that wasn't in the book of records, so even if they did it in two hours, it sdeosn't count, because it wasn't recorded by book of records representations. Tell me, was this person hacking other than the run backwards? say, using a bullet run hack ??

No cheating, just running backwards and knowing what he was doing. Just because it isn't in the book doesn't mean it doesn't count, it's just not mainstream.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well I heard he used glitches in the 2 hour run he used bomb hovers to get to the spirit temple quickly(which I dont even know if that would be a glitch)but did he get all the medallions if not we all know he didn't finish so it would count as anything and if he uses a hack they cant count it cause they will only count it if the game is legit

I find it to be quite impossible to beat it in five hours without glitches. All the cutscenes and dialogue would probably take more time than that.

I would not be able to do that. It makes me wonder if it is even real or if he has a secret or something. Who knows.

Last edited:

MW7

I find it to be quite impossible to beat it in five hours without glitches. All the cutscenes and dialogue would probably take more time than that.
While the cutscenes and dialogue can seem long they probably add up to less than half an hour for Ocarina of Time (just a guess though). I know that Skyward Sword had reportedly 100 minutes of cutscenes, and I'd guess that Ocarina would have a fraction of that amount.

I've beaten the game in 5 hours and 57 minutes without using anything that could be considered a glitch. Also on that run I made several awful mistakes that probably costed me at least 10 minutes total (I died at Bongo Bongo for instance and had to run through the entire dungeon again). Plus there's the fact that the people who have records are way better than me at just about everything from fighting enemies to aiming with items, and all the little timesavers can really add up. So IMO under 5 hours without glitches is within reason for someone incredibly dedicated.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
Geez.. .5 hours? It took me that long to figure out how to kill Queen Ghoma the first time on the N64...
It went something like this:
"alright... bosses lair." *walks to center*
"HOLY MOTHER OF SPIDERS!!!"
*dies about 5 times*
"IT'S HAVING BABIES?!?!"
But still, that seems pretty hard to do, especially on the Water Temple for some. Something just doesn't seem right about this.

MW7

Geez.. .5 hours? It took me that long to figure out how to kill Queen Ghoma the first time on the N64...
It went something like this:
"alright... bosses lair." *walks to center*
"HOLY MOTHER OF SPIDERS!!!"
*dies about 5 times*
"IT'S HAVING BABIES?!?!"
But still, that seems pretty hard to do, especially on the Water Temple for some. Something just doesn't seem right about this.
Yes it is pretty hard, and it's definitely not for everyone. This is only even remotely possible for people who have the game memorized from start to finish. You just have to imagine how good someone can be at the game. These people setting records play near perfectly for five hours straight- it's almost unbelievable unless you watch clips of them.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Glitches or not, THAT is dedication, and i applaud him. I'v only beaten one Zelda in one day, and that was the Minish Cap which is ridiculously short

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Wow. It takes me a little less than an hour to progress up untill the first meeting with Gaebora and this guy beat the WHOLE FRIGGIN' GAME in 5 hours? I quit. It seems the more I know about videogaming, the more I seem to suck at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom