• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time guinness book of world records

G

GBONE

ok then. i don't know what to say he has to have a speed cheat.

G

GBONE

Brb it's possible theres ppl that can beat it in a day or less so why can't it be possible to beat it in a day huh?

I have beaten it in a day. its just not possible to beat it in five hours legittly

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think it could be possible, beating OoT in five hours. If you can beat Super Metroid in two, you can beat OoT in five.

You'd need to have the game memorized, though. And to answer your question, yes, that is a hard record to beat.

I do find it cool that it's in the book. Doesn't entirely surprise me, though.

Super Metroid has been beaten in 12 minutes in TAS runs, and has already gone under.hour in regular mode, without assistance or cheating!

Anyways, this record doesn't seem impossible... If I recall correctly, ALttP's top run is one hour and 32 or so

I have beaten it in a day. its just not possible to beat it in five hours legittly

If you find it so hard to believe (and thats why the gunness book of world records is so poplular, its so unbelievable but its true) then watch the vid. Its there for proof.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Swiftblade was probably refering to TSA, The Silent Assasin, a guy who have done some impressive TAS-runs of several games.

The fastest run I've seen of OoT was in two and a half hour, but it used oh so many glitches. I think he actually skipped three medallions, and the first thing he did was to go to the spirit temple just to get some bombchus so he could do bomb hovers... well, it is impressive. Link to the first segment is here <-- clicky

There are several TASers, TAS means : Tool Assisted Speedrun, and it is not about cheating, but playing frame to frame till you get absolute perfection, it makes it look like you have inhuman skills or so

Oh, so that's what a tool assisted speedrun is! I thought it was like cheating.

Back on topic, it is impressive for someone to beat it in only 5 hours. OoT has also set another record for "Most Pre-orders for a Game" or something like that. That was in the 2001 book, so something else has probably beaten it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Oh, so that's what a tool assisted speedrun is! I thought it was like cheating.

Back on topic, it is impressive for someone to beat it in only 5 hours. OoT has also set another record for "Most Pre-orders for a Game" or something like that. That was in the 2001 book, so something else has probably beaten it.

Nope, it is not cheating, and in order to enter the Guiness book a team of certifiers makes you prove it was done without cheating.

TAS is a work of talent, study and patience, period

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well yeah thats instresting and you'd have to perfectly memorize the game like the things you can skip cause the guy didn't even get the water tunico_O

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Thats amazing that somone could beat any Zelda game that fast. that guy must have every part memorized or somthing. If you ask me thats a real record to be proud of lol.

5 hours something...Wow. I could never od that, and I get the dominant impression that that record will stand for years. Maybe one dya someone will break it, but they'll need a damn good amount of practice, dedication, and especially patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom