• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Guilty Pleasure Shows and Movies

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
So are there any movies or shows that you like to watch that are generally thought to not be that good that you enjoy anyway? Or even are a bit ashamed that you like?

I do actually like some of the current shows on MTV (like Awkward or Faking It) even though they're not my demographic and they're not thought to be that good. I do like the Star Wars prequels a lot so they fit the bill since they're generally thought to be terrible even though I strongly disagree with that. I loved Eregon even though fans of the books considered to be blasphemy. I thought Battlefield Earth was at least a passable popcorn flick despite how horrible people think it was. I really liked the live action The Last Airbender (and I am a huge fan of the animated series).

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I really like the True Blood series, even though I would like to call it trash. I also like to watch a ton of cartoons, which people around where I live now consider cartoons to be just for kids. So I guess for now those (Steven Universe Rick and Morty, Gravity Falls, Futurama, etc), are also my guilty pleasure.

D

Deleted member 81859

Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
My God, I love it so much.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers is a movie that I absolutely should not like. It does everything that I hate about horror movie sequels and more. The problem is, at the end of the day, it's an effective horror movie (especially the Producer's Cut). It's scary, has a pretty strong cast (admittedly most of the Halloween series is blessed with great leads), and has interesting imagery. It's plot is incredibly goofy, no matter what cut you watch, but that's most horror movies for you. I understand why a lot of Halloween fans hate it, but there are worse Halloween movies out there (Resurrection).

Last edited:

TK8305

Mugenite, Smasher, LPer and ZCer!
Guilty Pleasure? Soap Operas (General Hospital & Falcon Crest) and the Powerpuff Girls! xD

Azumanga Daioh comes to mind, a show that no straight guy should ever be enjoying. For those that don't know, it's about high school girls, and that's bascially the plot. The show is incredibly girly, but it's also freaking hilarious. I watch enough dreary stuff anyway, so sometimes something lighthearted is right up my alley.

TV: Robot Chicken, Steven Universe, PPG, Wacky Races, and DBZ.

Movie:Halloween 3: season of the witch.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I suppose the Resident Evil live action films and the Dragonball Evolution movie could be considered guilty pleasures though I feel no shame and proudly own 8 copies of DBE.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Before Riker's beard it certainly was. After Riker's beard the show slwoly went nito the no category as the show actually became pretty good.
tumblr_inline_n8q7nyYosy1qapo7v.jpg

Season 1 is pretty awful.
With how brutal network TV is today with sci-fi shows, there's no way TNG would have have made it out of its first season today. It would have been immediately canceled. Patrick Stewart was actually so convinced it would that for the first six weeks of shooting season one he refused to unpack his suitcases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom