• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Guide Characters- Reincarnations of Fi?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Hello to all! I've recently formulated a theory that every guide character that accompanies Link throughout his quests is a reincarnation of Fi, and I'll tell you why. In order for this theory to work, we'll have to assume that Skyward Sword is indeed the first Zelda game on the timeline. Here's my reasoning:

1. Reincarnation Process
At the end of Skyward Sword, Demise tells Link that an incarnation of his hatred will follow him and plague others like him for generations. We can assume that this "hatred" reappears in the form of Ganondorf and other villains. It's also been a long standing unspoken theory that Link, Zelda, and the other main characters are reincarnated throughout the generations. Therefore, it's possible that Fi, Link's original guide, was also reincarnated in the form of Navi, Midna, etc.

2. "May we meet again in another life..."
Fi tells Link this final line at the end of Skyward Sword before being put to sleep. From this, we can deduce that Fi, along with the other characters, is reincarnated from generation to generation. This form takes the place of Link's guide character in any game on the timeline (assuming said character exists).

So what do you think? Is this theory legitimate?

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
very interesting, but i dont think so either, she is in an eternal slumber and will never be awakened...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
1. Reincarnation Process
At the end of Skyward Sword, Demise tells Link that an incarnation of his hatred will follow him and plague others like him for generations. We can assume that this "hatred" reappears in the form of Ganondorf and other villains. It's also been a long standing unspoken theory that Link, Zelda, and the other main characters are reincarnated throughout the generations. Therefore, it's possible that Fi, Link's original guide, was also reincarnated in the form of Navi, Midna, etc.

2. "May we meet again in another life..."
Fi tells Link this final line at the end of Skyward Sword before being put to sleep. From this, we can deduce that Fi, along with the other characters, is reincarnated from generation to generation. This form takes the place of Link's guide character in any game on the timeline (assuming said character exists).

So what do you think? Is this theory legitimate?

When I heard Fi say "May we meet again in another life..." , I always though it was safe to assume she mean't that another Link would confront her as the Master Sword. As for incarnations I believe Fi is still alive. Although, it's hinted that an "eternal slumber" would mean death, what if it was just the opposite of that? What if Fi is literally sleeping forever? I really don't think she would have an incarnation if she was still alive. So characters such as Navi, Midna, Tatl, ect are individual beings, and not incarnations of Fi.

Fi is the spirit of the Master Sword. Every subsequent guide character lacks the same spiritual connection with the sword. While they all assist Link on his journey, their duty belongs elsewhere. Navi was sworn in as the fairy to protect Link on his journey to conquer Ganondorf. Tatl was stuck with Link upon being abandoned by the unobservant Skull Kid in Termina. The King of Red Lions was revealed to be the King of Hyrule and his goal was to protect Ganondorf from obtaining the Triforce. Midna wished to return to her home world while stemming the use of twilight for evil. The reasoning behind your theory is exceptional but I highly doubt it is true.

Atticus said:
Although, it's hinted that an "eternal slumber" would mean death, what if it was just the opposite of that? What if Fi is literally sleeping forever? I really don't think she would have an incarnation if she was still alive.

I've always interpreted these words to merely mean that she will never again separate herself from the Master Sword itself but continue to aid Link through it including the awesome flash of brightness and energy it emits at the conclusion of the battle with Ganon in Ocarina of Time.

P

,PlasticIce

Good Idea.
But Fi was created by Hylia to serve Link and was put to rest at the end of the game. I always thought she'd return as the Master Sword or her look-alike characters like the Great Fairy of Wind Waker. I'm not sure with Midna and Tatl because they both have too much background information that doesn't match up.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I actually agree with this, on most.
Navi, the sprits of courage, wisdom and power, and the great fairies are reincarantions of Fi.
I think somehow, she got out and began reincarnating 2 ways.

When she says we will meet again in another life she is referring to another Links spirit who holds the Master sword. she is the master sword, I don't see how she could have any other decedents that being that she is sealed forever inside the Master sword. She knows that one day a hero will rise and hold the Master sword again thus aiding him to defeat evil. Not counting Link getting killed in Oot. :P O'Doyle Rules!

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
As far as the Number 2 part of my theory goes, I believe that Fi was referring to both the reincarnation process as well as the future Links wielding the Master Sword.

Wizzrobe

Mask Collector
I could definitely see this being true. It does make sense that The guide characters could be reincarnations just like Zelda, Link, and Ganon are.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
I could definitely see this being true. It does make sense that The guide characters could be reincarnations just like Zelda, Link, and Ganon are.
umm link and zelda are not incarnations they are members of separate bloodlines, although ganon is sometimes a reincarnation or a just the same guy

When she says we will meet again in another life she is referring to another Links spirit who holds the Master sword. she is the master sword, I don't see how she could have any other decedents that being that she is sealed forever inside the Master sword. She knows that one day a hero will rise and hold the Master sword again thus aiding him to defeat evil. Not counting Link getting killed in Oot. :P O'Doyle Rules!

This. ^

Although, there was a point where I considered that maybe Navi could fit the bill, as far as reincarnations go. Aside from a similar role and color scheme between she and Fi, I started to doubt that that was the case.

Slightly off-topic but still relevant: An interesting case may come in the form of the Queen of Fairies in The Wind Waker. While said case has been dismissed by most fans - including myself to a degree - I think there may still be something there. They look all to similar for there not to be a connection there; possibly reincarnation. It is, however, entirely possible that their similar appearance is totally coincidental, as nothing regarding their likeness has been confirmed. After all this is Nintendo we're talking about here (lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom