• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Day 2: Looks Like You've Got a Hole in Your Trunks or, “And Then He Died, Too”

Raditz began by charging at Vegeta.

“Zeraora, go!” he cried, and a streak of yellow began to dash around the area, before slamming into Vegeta multiple times, dealing damage before the Saiyan prince had time to react. Raditz followed up on Vegeta’s distraction by firing a double Sunday. Vegeta blasted a barrage of ki blasts of his own, intercepting the attack and filling the area with dust. “Rrg, where’d he go?” Raditz wondered as he drew closer to Zeraora. As the dust began to clear, he spotted Vegeta’s silhouette. “Got you!” He shouted as he fired another ki blast at Vegeta. The attack hit home, but Vegeta was suddenly surrounded by a puff of smoke, which then faded to reveal a Zoroark, sticking its tongue out at him. Raditz looked around, shocked, before hearing shouting to his right.

“Gallick Gun! FIRE!”

“Move!” Raditz shouted, as he and Zeraora dived out of the way quickly enough to avoid being caught head on in the blast.

***​

“Hello, Monkey.” Frieza said as he floated down in front of Goku. “Are you ready for my revenge?”

“Oh, hey Frieza!” Goku said cheerfully. “Did you go and get real strong for this?”

“Indeed I did. I even got myself a powerful ally to assist me, as I see you also did.” Frieza said, eyeing Goku’s Lucario.

“Yeah, but, where’s your Pokemon?”

“Ohoho, now where’s the fun in spoiling all of the surprises before we even start?”

“Fair enough.” Goku said, powering up to Super Saiyan 2. “Now let’s go.” Goku and Lucario then began to double team Frieza, their near identical fighting styles allowing them to fight in perfect unison. Frieza deftly evaded some strikes, parried others, and, despite himself, got hit by some. In fact, things were going rather well for Goku and Lucario until Goku suddenly found himself incapable of moving.

“Ohohohooo.” Frieza floated in front of Goku. “Excellent work, Mewtwo.” He said, causing the Pokemon in question to reveal itself from behind some cliffs, placing itself between Lucario and Frieza. “Now, Monkey. Let’s have ourselves a little fun, shall we?” Frieza drew back his fist and drove it into Goku’s side. “Kidney punch.” He said. “Kidney punch kidney punch kidney punch and pause… Kidney punch!” He continued, punctuating his speech with the appropriate actions. The moment was broken however, by the arrival of a lavender haired young man, who called out to Goku.

“Hey! Goku! I heard there was this big fight back here and I’m here to help!” Trunks produced a sword from the sheathe on his back, holding it in front of him.

“Aegislash!” His sword said. Trunks charged past Mewtwo, bringing Aegislash down towards Frieza, who disengaged from Goku and dodged the swing.

“You… You!” Frieza said as he stared at the boy who’d previously turned him into the contents of a meat pie. “Mewtwo! New target!” Frieza shouted, charging a Death Ball above his head. “Die!” He shouted as he hurled it towards Trunks. He them began to fire multiple Death Beams from his fingers. “Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!” Trunks brought out Aegislash’s shield and placed it on the blade, transforming it into Shield Stance, and allowing it to use King’s Shield to protect them both from Frieza’s attacks. However, Aegislash very quickly began to feel the strain from blocking so many powerful attacks. Mewtwo then appeared behind Trunks and immobilised him with its psychic powers as well. Aegislash finally hit its limit and the King’s Shield shattered, with a beam hitting Aegislash and knocking it out of Trunks’ hand. Frieza then floated towards Trunks, and placed his index finger directly over Trunks’ heart. “Die.” He said with a sadistic grin, firing a Death Beam through Trunks’ chest.

Contrainer was killed. They were Trunks and Aegislash, a Silencer aligned with the Town

Hi there Contrainer, you are Trunks and Aegislash.

y-ctBG2BPOuUCAfMhFitZdHFo6yWd8gRLKOSz-3sgeFOYDhlcDP4NJvgqPABxQvainodZpMFiMeekfFhgMC6k7_yrBmz0pwLJoqLwAx42aZaNVjlHVI7_drsaxciTSMbMnmJXd2a

Your first half is a young Saiyan man with a sword from the future, returned to the past to prevent the destruction of the planet’s population by the Androids… Only to later find out that time travel does not work that way. Once you realised this, you went back in time again anyway to help out with the Androids, and later Cell, in the hopes that helping to defeat them in the past would give you the strength to defeat them in your own time. Once the menaces in the past were dealt with, you returned to your time and destroyed all three, restoring peace to the future.

Your second half is a sword. No seriously, you are a possessed sword with a shield. You have the ability to take different combat stances, being able to adjust to the situation on the fly, be it offensively or defensively. You can detect great leadership in people, these people often become kings.

In this game, you are a Silencer. During any and all night phases, you can target another player, Trunks will then hold his new sword Aegislash up to their throat, who will then use its spectral powers to manipulate your target, preventing them from making any in-thread posts for the entirety of the next day-phase.

You are aligned with the Town and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

***​

“Oh, Gohan, what a pleasure it is to see you again.” Cell said as he began to attack the young adult.

“Unfortunately for you I can’t say the same.” Gohan responded.

“I’ve noticed you’re not going Super Saiyan, let alone Super Saiyan 2.”

“I don’t need to do that anymore. I can beat you just as I am now.”

“Ah, but can you beat us?” At his words, a large green and brown snake shot at Gohan from the side, only to be blocked by Gohan’s Riolu.

“Of course.” Gohan said with a grin. “Don’t forget that I have an ‘us’ too.”

“Oh wonderful. This shall be glorious.” The fighters and their Pokemon continued to clash over and over, neither side gaining a definitive advantage, Riolu’s lesser power being supported by Gohan’s steadily increasing strength thanks to his Potential Unleashed. At least, until a disembodied fist shot out from nowhere and punched Cell in the face, a giant flying robot made of clay delivering a follow up. All 4 combatants turned to look at a large, red-haired man reattaching his fist to his arm, as a Golurk landed beside him.

“Sixteen!” Gohan called.

“Correct.” Android 16 said in his robotic voice. “I have arrived to provide assistance.” The battle continued, with the heroes now having a distinct numbers advantage. After a few minutes of a battle that would quickly become a losing one, Cell spoke up.

“What do you say, Zygarde? Should we step up our game?” Zygarde’s response was to surround itself with a swirling green mass that glommed onto its body, and when the view was once again clear, in its place stood a colossal titan, Complete Zygarde. Complete Zygrade quickly began the offensive, its increased power proving very effective. Cell assisted for a short time before approaching 16 from behind, grabbing the android in a bear hug, with Zygarde continuing to occupy the others.

“Gotcha!”

“Cell. Release me.” 16 said as he struggled against Cell’s grip.

“Or what? You’ll blow up?” Cell taunted as he tightened his grip. “That trick might have worked before if you still had the bomb, but even if you did, I’m far too strong for that to work now.” Cell tightened his grip even further, causing 16’s torso to crack, and finally snap in half.

“SIXTEEN!” Gohan cried.

AussieEevee was killed. They were Android 16 and Golurk, a Bodyguard aligned with the Town.

Hi there AussieEevee, you are Android 16 and Golurk.

-IWhNHiB_e2mQm0WaqgBhKaLhI-i-2jDfwBMZ7ncJhAClxr7cL4NL3GNRuIp9rebkY4Rb1nX2-U3DW5Yl-8PTa2007ieGirfGSfC6VTQnvgrJ61Nl5omJuB-e4ouSQVMBxAlxm0O

Your first half is the 16th successful artificial human project by deranged scientist Dr. Gero. Created in the image of his dead son, you were designed with one purpose in mind: “Kill Son Goku”. However, as you travelled with your siblings Androids 17 and 18, you developed your own interests and intentions. Like 17 and 18, you were rather ambivalent to your objectives, taking more time enjoying people and nature than making excessive effort to kill Goku (though you did try). Eventually, you were killed during the battle with Cell, your final words and subsequent death paving the way for Gohan’s ultimate victory.

Your second half is an automaton with a ghostly spirit, created by humans to protect both people and Pokémon. You follow these commands faithfully. The seal on your chest prevents your internal energy from losing control.

In this game, you are a Bodyguard. During any and all night phases, you can target another player and defend them from threats, protecting them from death by dying in their place. You can do this by typing “Defend <target>” into your role PM.

You are aligned with the Town and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

It is now Day 2
Day 2 will end in 47 hours and 57 minutes

Countdown Timer

Last edited:

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Well, good news, everyone, since I have not been added to the scumchat, it looks like I'm Town...or at least not scum.
Hooray!

Now then, on to business:
he's avoiding learning his role, not his alignment, tho
We aren't able to do anything explicitly pro town today
I mean, you'll learn if you're Town by the end of this phase.
It's not like it's too much of a wait.
:shrugs:
didn't make an alignment guess yet, I was expecting a midday votal but you rushed the hammer
I mean, if I hadn't guessed anything for my role it would be a wasted guess
since an alignment is one every cycle it doesn't matter if I missed the day thing
So, I was wondering. How will factional kills work?

Will mafia be able to kill tonight even if none of them know their alignment? Because we're, like, using our roles, right? Mafia Kills don't really count as roles, do they? :suspicious:
D1: ExLight clearly indicates that learning one's faction is a priority and more important than learning one's role, claiming that you'd learn your faction by phase end, which, at the very least, everyone should have been able to determine whether or not they were mafia if they followed my simple plan.

N1: ExLight claims to have not even bothered guessing his alignment, because the hammer was rushed. The phase lasted over 14 hours, and ExLight was around and active for a lot of that phase. There is, literally, no excuse for him to have not submitted an alignment guess, especially in light of how important he seemed to think it was, and the fact that he also submitted a role guess. It doesn't take much longer to submit a factional guess at the same time.

Also N1: ExLight inquires about how mafia factional kills work, and has some sort of vague plan to either catch scum or discover a scumbuddy.

Hypothesis: ExLight did in fact submit an alignment guess, turned out to be scum, and didn't realize that he should have just claimed Town, instead cobbling together this ridiculous plan in order to try to clear himself.
Problem: If you're claiming to not know your alignment, why would you need to clear yourself?

I will Vote: ExLight

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
So, for me trying to find out my alignment and role, I tried to use my action on myself last night. It failed.
In any case, since the phase just ended I can tell you I'm confirmed to not be scum, but they prolly already know that because they prolly tried to target me tonight.

Which excludes all killing roles, like: Poisoner, Vigilante, Serial Killer, "Vanillaizer"
This also excludes investigative roles, since they've returned me some results, even if redundant. So it should also exclude: Cop, Flavor cop, Tracker, Follower, Watcher, Voyeur, and Motion Detector
Also excludes some framing roles (and some potential ones) like: Tailor, Framer, Lawyer, Reflector, Redirector, active Lightning rod

Which means I either have a protection role, like: Doctor, Jailer, Babysitter, Bodyguard, Bus Driver
A passive role or modifier, like: Lynchproof, Bulletproof, Deathproof, Ascetic, Commuter, Nexus
A triggered role, like: Restless Spirit (or Tree Stump), Bomb, Vengeful
A harmless win condition: Jester, Unjester, Lyncher, Unlycher
Or a communicative role, like Neighborizer, Mason Recruiter

There are more, but I think I'm getting tired of searching possible roles grr

Problem: If you're claiming to not know your alignment, why would you need to clear yourself?
I don't think I tried to clear myself at any point. I made pretty sure my plan would've helped me if I were either town or scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom