• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Gg town. I'm actually kinda glad I got nk'd instead of lynched. Though I had 4 of the 7 balls and was hoping maybe mafia and ME had the last. And that Rubik would target ME and I would target Rubik and get the last 3. I dunno if it would've worked that way or if anyone else had some but that was like my only hope if the game continued.

I was kinda sad when I found out I was SK because I hate playing it. And I actually knew n1 because I guessed vig and they said that was close enough. But I had fun with it this game and it became a goal to just see how long I could last.

Anyways, I'm glad I was at least able to have a bit of fun as SK. Sorry for lying to everyone! But thanks everyone for playing such a fun game and giving me a distraction after I had such a rough time irl the first night of the game.

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
Night 5 actions
Rubik NKs Minish (success)
Rubik rolecops ME (2x Vigilante)
ME shoots Zinn (failed, out of shots/blocked)
Zinn blocks ME (success)
The Sun Fan watches Funnygurl (nobody visited Funnygurl555)
Minish shoots Rubik (successful)

Night 4 actions
ME shoots Minish (fails, Minish loses Deathproof)
Funnygurl protects Max (successful)
Max checks Rubik (failed by Ascetic + death)
Zinn blocks Gumball (success)
TSF watches Funnygurl (no one visited)
Rubik checks funnier (survivor)
Moe strongman kills Max (success, gets ball)
ME passes ball to Max (fails)
Minish shoots Gumball (success)

Night 3 actions
Max checks Moe (No Result)
Zinn blocks Ex (success)
Gumball visits ME (Nothing happened)
The Sun Fan watches Max (Hero or Time visited Max)
Rubik NKs Ex (success) (Gets Exs Dragon Ball) (Evolves)
Rubik Rolecops Minish (1x Deathproof Serial Killer)
Minish Serially Kills Hero of Time (success)
Hero of Time blocks Max (Success)
ME kills Lone (success) (Gets Caps’ 4-Star-Ball) (1x remaining)
Caps passes 1-Star Ball to Rubik (success)
Caps passes 4-Star Ball to Moe (Stolen by Guru before passing)
Caps passes 6-Star Ball to Hero of Time (target dead, ball cannot be passed)

Night 2 actions
Max checks Exlight (Town)
ME shoots Darth (Again)
Rubik kills Tristan (kill + evolve)
Zinn blocks Tristan (successful)
Gumball targets Max (no power)
SMS invites Moe (added to neighbourhood, 0X remaining)
Tristan checks ME (blocked)
The Sun Fan watches ME (Nobody visited ME)
Ex targets Max (Gladiator round, 1x remaining)
Deku targets Max (protected)
Minnish kills Tristan (blocked)
Hero blocks Minnish (success)

Night 1 actions
Kerest targets ExLight (no power)
Funnier6 targets Stormageden (no power)
Exlight targets ExLight (Gladiator cannot self-target)
AussieEevee targets Maniacal Engineer (Bodyguard)
Spiritual Mask Salesman targets Zinn (neighborhood formed)
Rubik targets ME (no power)
Max targets DekuNut (Cop check, Town)
Tristan targets funnier (Rolecop check, Survivor)
Zinn targets Zinn (Roleblocker cannot self-target)
ME targets Darth (Target already dead)
Moe targets Deku (Not currently performing kill)
Minnish targets Contrainer (kills)
Caps NK AE (kills)
Caps targets Contrainer (no power)
HeroOfTime targets DekuNut (roleblocks)

When I say "targets" it's because they didn't know their power yet.

fun fact, almost everything was guessed this game except for @Spiritual Mask Salesman role. Idk what you were talking about that your entire role was instantly revealed but you never correctly guessed neighbouriser. It wasn't necessary in your case but you never were given your role description.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Minish killing hero and playing against her wincon essentially ended the game for us immediately, which is lame, but we tried to put on a good show in spite of that.

I didn't play against my wincon though. I still had to outlast all of mafia as well. Doing that first just gave me some town cred. Otherwise I would have never had any hopes of winning after I was outed.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Yeah, an SK literally has to take out the mafia. And if things go wrong an mafia hits a point where the SK's kills can't stop them fast enough then it's game over. It's actually better SK-play to go for scum first.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I didn't play against my wincon though. I still had to outlast all of mafia as well. Doing that first just gave me some town cred. Otherwise I would have never had any hopes of winning after I was outed.
Outing yourself and killing scum faster meant that there would always be too much of a town majority for you to survive to end game. You needed more mislynches and for your deathproof to waste a lynch and basically extinction of all hard confirmed town to win, which was unlikely but possible. Killing suspicious people in the night left less people who could be lynched in your place. It was a pretty unlikely situation, to be fair, but helping town might have made it impossible.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Yeah, an SK literally has to take out the mafia. And if things go wrong an mafia hits a point where the SK's kills can't stop them fast enough then it's game over. It's actually better SK-play to go for scum first.
Sk does have to keep mafia trimmed, but "confirmed town" is an even bigger threat.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Question Time
  1. Did you enjoy the game?
  2. What did you think of the balance?
  3. What did you think of the game's concept? Be honest, we might want to use this again in the future and it'd be good to get your feedback.
  4. If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
  5. Did you enjoy the flavour text?
  6. As you may have noticed, I've not quite finished the final FT yet, would you like to be pinged when I do?

1. Yeah, despite not liking being SK I was able to have some fun with it this game.
  2. Maybe there could have been less investigation roles.
  3. I really loved the concept. Sure it made day 1 hard (which maybe some n0 guessed could help with), but I liked the guessing parts. I also liked the dragon balls coming into play even though we didn't get to see their use.
  4. The night 0 guesses suggestion above could be a good change.
  5. I'll admit, I didn't read all of the flavor text. But what I did read was good and I really admire the amount of effort put into it!

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
Gg town. I'm actually kinda glad I got nk'd instead of lynched. Though I had 4 of the 7 balls and was hoping maybe mafia and ME had the last. And that Rubik would target ME and I would target Rubik and get the last 3. I dunno if it would've worked that way or if anyone else had some but that was like my only hope if the game continued.

I was kinda sad when I found out I was SK because I hate playing it. And I actually knew n1 because I guessed vig and they said that was close enough. But I had fun with it this game and it became a goal to just see how long I could last.

Anyways, I'm glad I was at least able to have a bit of fun as SK. Sorry for lying to everyone! But thanks everyone for playing such a fun game and giving me a distraction after I had such a rough time irl the first night of the game.
So let me add a bit to this.

Indeed Rubik and ME had the other balls. What happens in your possible scenario. Idk actually, we have discussed it but never came to a conclusion. Now the situation actually came into play so we had to decide now but it was endgame and didnt affect funnier so we didnt bother XD

As for role guessing, with some roles were were quite lenient with the guesses. F.e. your SK is in term of power literally a vigilante so we accepted that your role was correct. For the indeps specifically, when knowing their role (which they both got first) it would instantly hint at their alignment. Since alignment also reveals their wincon we were generous and also gave them their alignment/wincon info. If they would have guessed alignment first they still had to guess their role.
The role of Cell was also lenient, we accepted both Goon (assuming it was in the initail form) or anything that suggests a developing role. Moe was clever enough to realise this based on the character and thought of a developing JOAT. He then suggested to Rubik to guess JOAT. Although he didn't mention the developing part in the guess (suggestion), it was the reason the came to the JOAT idea and was kind of implied in their guess. As, in our opinion, the hardest role to guess we accepted this. However, Deku the Doctor guessed Bodyguard, even though AE was already dead (he realised his mistake the next update XD), since Doc is such a common role and easy to guess we did not accept this.

Now let me clarify some other roles:

A lot of you "complained" about Silencer being a Town role. It was completely meant this way as an anti-town role. This never got to be used as it instantly died, but was meant to have a negative effect as long as the role wasn't guessed, after that it was all up to the player on how to use it.

Another role you didn't like was the Gladiator. First of all, every role that had a 2x use was made that way so that the first use was random, revealing the role, and then using the second shot to the player's own will. Gladiator was one of those roles that we initaiily wanted to make a 1x but that would be impossible to guess and once used would ahve no guessing purpose, ruining the game concept for them. Unfortunately it was used on the claimed cop so that didn't go so well.

Since guessing your role is crucial in this game we gave both sides a full rolecop to assist with that. Making it a bit harder for mafia to get as it would otherwise be too easy to share the knowledge while the town RC might want to stay hidden but give hints.

Town Roleblocker was basically a red harring. Both to confuse the guessing as to serve as a miller for the rolecop and a possible mislynch, just like the silencer, it was meant as a anti-town role.

A lot of you were able to guess your role through your flavour, like Zinn who ussed the exact same logic that we used when making the role. Some of you also used the update FT to find out who killed who, this was completely useless as flavour only hints at existing characters and not who did what (we never do that :p ). This also casued people to think that Broly was the SK as we never reveal our special DBS / shiny character.

funnier's role had 2 wincons to give him a fair chance, once he knew his wincon he flipped out in threat and it was really fun to watch XD.
Now what would have happened if the balls were collected. The collector would ahve until the end of the new phase to make a decision.
If it was Town they could choose one player to revive, this is the reason all dead players got the "chance to be revived" message and why no dead player could sub or spectate.
If it was Mafia they could get a free bonus kill.
If it was indep they could choose either of the above or do nothing. This way the indep could act however they want and maybe even mess with the other people given the power they had.
The power would trigger at the end of the phase and funnier would also win. Even if the balls were not used funnier would win (we didnt want him to miss this chance jsut because someone forgot to input their action)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Outing yourself and killing scum faster meant that there would always be too much of a town majority for you to survive to end game. You needed more mislynches and for your deathproof to waste a lynch and basically extinction of all hard confirmed town to win, which was unlikely but possible. Killing suspicious people in the night left less people who could be lynched in your place. It was a pretty unlikely situation, to be fair, but helping town might have made it impossible.

I didn't out myself though. I was outed by Moe even though he never said exactly what I was. ME targetting Lone that night messed up my plan to fake claim vig. And I figured it was better to be honest at that point because if town found out I was lying I would've been lynched. And again, that's why I couldn't kill any confirmed townies after that because if I said I could win with town and then went against them they would lynch me. Plus I was hoping maybe mafia would get the rest of the dragonballs and killing them would give me the ones I needed.

Also, I had no clue if you were actually scum or not. I was just hoping there were 4 instead of 3 but knew since I was lying that I might be the only hostile left.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
fun fact, almost everything was guessed this game except for @Spiritual Mask Salesman role. Idk what you were talking about that your entire role was instantly revealed but you never correctly guessed neighbouriser. It wasn't necessary in your case but you never were given your role description.
Were there any other abilities I had that I didn't know about?

Anyway, gg guys, this was a ton of fun! I think I played alright aside from adding a Mafioso to the neighborhood, lol. It's been awhile since I've played a game while I wasn't very busy, so that also helped me out this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom