• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
There was a Town Silencer and a Town Role Cop in this game.
I don’t see why/how a Town Roleblocker is that unbelievable in comparison. Especially to the Town Silencer.

Town having two Role Cops, while Mafia has none? That is unbelievable.
I don't think a town roleblocker is unbelievable, I think he's lying about being a roleblocker for fake townpants. It wouldn't be hard for scum to have two people claim roleblocker to ensure that one of them survives to endgame and the nk on hero probably made that plan slightly less effective.

He's literally done nothing to confirm his role works so far, I see no reason to trust his claim. Regardless, I think he's already incapable of winning at this point, so tonight's kills should suffice.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
the nk on hero probably made that plan slightly less effective.
...how would a Mafia Roleblocker flipping make the Mafia’s plan to have two players claim Roleblocker so that at least one survives until endgame make the plan slightly less effective?

If anything, the fact that a Mafia Roleblocker flipped, and at least one Town member vouches for knowing Zinn’s role before said flip, lends more credibility to the claim.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
...how would a Mafia Roleblocker flipping make the Mafia’s plan to have two players claim Roleblocker so that at least one survives until endgame make the plan slightly less effective?

If anything, the fact that a Mafia Roleblocker flipped, and at least one Town member vouches for knowing Zinn’s role before said flip, lends more credibility to the claim.
It's the timing of it that makes it less effective. They could have used a day bussing their scum bud but instead had to lynch a second member of their faction, effectively killing their chances of having enough members surviving until endgame. Imagine if Hero were lynched, caps was cop cleared, Moe was still alive, and Zinn had actively lead us to lynching Hero because of his counter claim how differently the situation might have gone, especially if the SK hit that night had killed someone who had a pretty good town reputation.

ZinnLav

Zinnie-chan
I swear the only thin Rubik's done this game is paint me as Mafia.

It's safe to say if I roleblock Rubik, take the kill ME lands on me, my flip will clear this up and we can get on with lynching Rubik

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I swear the only thin Rubik's done this game is paint me as Mafia.

It's safe to say if I roleblock Rubik, take the kill ME lands on me, my flip will clear this up and we can get on with lynching Rubik
I like to tunnel on whatever feels scummy to me. :)

Part of me likes the idea because there's a certain extra satisfaction to surviving the game, but practically speaking there's no reason to leave me alive overnight when we can instead kill both of us and leave nothing to chance. I'm not going to tell people to make a suboptimal move just because it makes victory marginally more stylish. (:

@Lone_Garurumon @DarthWolf - Does a roleblocker prevent mafia factional kills?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
We have a revealed roleblocker who has flipped. There's no reason they can't answer that question about what should be public information given that the role is public knowledge.
The role is a Mafia Roleblocker, ergo, it would never be used to block mafia factional kills.
Answering the Question would confirm the existence of a non-Mafia Roleblocker.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The role is a Mafia Roleblocker, ergo, it would never be used to block mafia factional kills.
Answering the Question would confirm the existence of a non-Mafia Roleblocker.
They can answer a question about how a hypothetical non-mafia roleblocker could work if they choose to. That's not abnormal.

It's safe to assume that the mafia roleblocker was the one who blocked minish if you believe her testimony, which means it at least functions on SKs unless that was also when the doctor was pointing their protection that night.

Hell, you can have Zinn ask the mods himself and report back if you think they won't answer a hypothetical for us, although that information would only be reliable if he flips town.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
It's safe to assume that the mafia roleblocker was the one who blocked minish if you believe her testimony, which means it at least functions on SKs unless that was also when the doctor was pointing their protection that night.
You didn’t read properly. Minish had the same target as mafia that night, so Mafia just got the kill first.
There is no evidence to suggest any Roleblocker working to prevent any factional kills in this game so far.

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
Moe the Moblin V - funnier6, Funnygurl555, Maniacal Engineer, Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Morbid Minish
I'd like to point out Lone's second mistake here, it should have been VI votes, not V.
@Lone_Garurumon @DarthWolf - Does a roleblocker prevent mafia factional kills?
They can answer a question about how a hypothetical non-mafia roleblocker could work if they choose to. That's not abnormal.
In the case of a non-mafia roleblocker it would depend on what their specific role pm states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom