• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
“So, let me get this straight.” Vegeta said as he stared down the villains standing before them. “You’re telling us that if you lot get these so called ‘Legendary Pokemon’ then you’ll actually be able to beat us?”

“That is the general idea, yes.” Frieza said, clearly somewhat miffed that the troupe had been discovered.

“Hah! Raditz over there’ll sure need the help.” Vegeta scoffed.

“H-hey!” Raditz floundered. “Just- Just you wait! Maybe I’ll become a Super Saiyan too!” It was at this point that Vegeta burst into uncontrollable hysterics.

“Well, that’s too bad.” Tien interjected, seeing as Vegeta was clearly no longer able to continue the discussion. “Because we’re not giving you that chance. Right, Goku.” Tien turned all 3 eyes towards Goku, the saiyan visibly squirming.

“Weeeeeeeeeeell…”

“Goku you can not be serious!” Piccolo shouted.

“Oh, come on. It’ll be fun.” Goku said. “We’ve beaten them all before, what could they do with a few Pokemon?”

“You know that raises a good question.” Krillin said. “How are any of you even alive? I think we would’ve heard if someone just summoned a giant dragon.”

“Namekian Dragon Balls.” Cell said simply.

“Yeah that sounds about right.”

“Anyway this has been fun but we gotta go find those Pokemon now so bye!” Cell said as he placed his fingers on his forehead and warped the group away via Instant Transmission.

The assembled Z-Fighters merely stared at where the villains had been for a few moments, before, finally, Tien broke the silence.

“SAIYANS!” He shouted through his hands. “You’re here and able to kill the bad guys right then and there, but nooooooo, they’ve gotta go and make it ‘interesting’.” Krillin looked up at Goku as Tien continued rambling in the background. He wasn’t happy about this either, but he’d gotten used to the saiyans pulling these kinds of stunts by now.

“So… Should we get some Pokemon of our own, too?” He asked.

“Ooh, yeah, that sounds fun!” Goku said.

Will the villains locate their Legendary Pokemon? Will Goku and friends get helpful Pokemon of their own? These answers and more, next time on Poke Ball Z!

Welcome, one and all, to the second half of the second crossover event between the Zelda Dungeon and Bulbagarden mafia communities. Hosted by myself and the lovely @DarthWolf

Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia

In keeping with the theme of non-standard mechanics in this event, this game Stands Out as rather different from most. Players won't know their roles or alignments in the beginning, and will have to guess them during the game. As such, we ask that every player make sure they’re familiar with the unique mechanics of this game.

1. Roles are made and assigned to each player secretly at the start of the game
  2. Players may guess their alignment in their role PM once per day/night cycle (so if the player guesses incorrectly on Day 1, they may not guess again until Day 2, and alternatively, if they guess on Night 1, they may not guess again until Night 2)
  3. Players may guess their role in their role PM once per phase
  4. At the end of the phase the hosts will tell the player if their guess was correct or not
  5. Even if the player has not yet guessed their role, it can still be used (assuming an active role) by targeting a player during the night.
  6. If a mafia role targets another mafia role, the power will change into an alignment check and return that the targeted player is also part of the mafia
  7. Any mafia player that found any other mafia player will be put together into the mafia chat. If another match is found between any mafia players, then both involved will be added to the same mafia chat.
  8. Alternative option to join mafia chat: guessing your own alignment correctly as mafia
  9. Town wincon is: "You are aligned with the Town and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated."
  10. Wincon and Character are revealed to the player when they guess their alignment correctly

The basic rules of the game are also slightly different to what ZD players will be used to, so we suggest double checking those as well.

1. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, but may be shortened at the hosts' discretion if the length is redundant. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
  2. There is no restriction on talking during the night phase. Talk as much as you want no matter what time it is.
  3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
  4. Nameclaiming is not allowed. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
  5. There is no limit on roleclaims. People can claim as many roles as they wish during a give day phase
  6. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
  7. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.
  8. There will be no majority rules.
  9. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
  10. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
  11. -LO day phases (in which town's lynch decision may lead to them losing the game before the next day phase begins) will be announced. Details on the nature of the -LO state will be given in the Day phase update.
  12. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is not permitted.
  13. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information. Please avoid posting more than once or posting pointlessly.
  14. If the game has reached a stalemate state either by accident or by players intentionally idling kills, it will end as a tie for the parties involved.
  15. The most important rule. Have fun! Or else...

Players:
  1. @Tristan Gohan and Riolu, Town Rolecop, Killed Night 2
  2. @Morbid Minish
  3. @Doc @LittleGumball Yamcha and Magikarp, Town Vanilla, Killed Night 4
  4. @HeroOfTime Frieza and Mewtwo, Mafia Roleblocker, Killed Night 3
  5. @Contrainer Trunks and Aegislash, Town Silencer, Killed Night 1
  6. @TheCapsFan Raditz and Zeraora, Mafia Godfather, Lynched Day 4
  7. @The Sun Fan
  8. @DekuNut @Funnygurl555
  9. @Stormageden747 @ZinnLav
  10. @Rubik
  11. @funnier6
  12. @Max1996ZD Piccolo and Xatu, Town Cop, Killed Night 4
  13. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  14. @Kerest Vegeta and Zoroark, Town Miller, Lynched Day 2
  15. @Maniacal Engineer
  16. @ExLight Gotenks and Incineroar, Town 2x Gladiator, Killed Night 3
  17. @AussieEevee Android 16 and Golurk, Town Bodyguard, Killed Night 1
  18. @Moe the Moblin Broly and Regigigas, Mafia 2x Strongman, Lynched Day 5
Subs:

Hosts:
@Lone_Garurumon Grand Elder Guru and Zen Darmanitan, Host Dragon Ball Giver, Killed Night 3
@DarthWolf Shin and Arceus, Host Dragon Ball Bomb, Lynched Day 1

Day 1 Start
Night 1 Start
ZinnLav subs in for Stormageden747
Day 2 Start
Night 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Night 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Funnygurl555 subs in for DekuNut
Night 4 Start
Day 5 Start
Night 5 Start
Endgame

Last edited:

funnier6

Courage~
Hesitantly signing up with trepidation and reservation and more hedgehog words of that nature. I shall join no game until my champs is over or I have died within it, so if the game begins before then I shall have to sub.

Also I did guess your role before it was cool! D:<

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Exercising our Mod-given right as hosts, we're enforcing Rule #9 and changing the rules.

New rule 2: There is no restriction on talking during the night phase. Talk as much as you want no matter what time it is.
New Rule 8: There will be no majority rules

These were always intended to be the case, but we forgot that ZD has a different standard on these things
Hesitantly signing up with trepidation and reservation and more hedgehog words of that nature. I shall join no game until my champs is over or I have died within it, so if the game begins before then I shall have to sub.

Also I did guess your role before it was cool! D:<
Tell you what, I'll put you in as a sub, and if your game ends before we start I'll move you to player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom