• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
That's not been my experience at all. Mafia with the right people and right access to information can be extremely pro-active and even exercise some control over the Town.
Even powerwolfing you have to be flexible.
How many more games would you lose if you submitted all your actions for the whole game on night 1?

Hmm...

Okay, I'm going to go with instinct on this.

Unvote: ExLight

There is a particular reason why I did this: It's not that I think for an instant that ExLight is not scummy.

It's that, from a Mafia standpoint, ExLight makes a perfect lynch target, either for busing (if ExLight is scum) or mislynching (if ExLight is not).

And, well, let me explain my tactical thinking: If ExLight is Mafia, any Mafia plans automatically exclude ExLight. And, right now, the Mafia have the advantage; they know who they are, but we don't know who we are. Town does not even have any investigative roles confirmed, so Mafia managing to mislynch one of their own only makes us less likely to investigate them when we've got so many others we need information on. So leaving ExLight alive throws a minor monkey wrench into their plans and forces the Mafia to try to readjust.

If ExLight is Town, then it likely means Mafia is taking advantage of the confusion and lack of investigative power to mislynch someone without fear of it bringing instant suspicion; they can just point out how ExLight is acting and say they didn't know he wasn't scum.

But, pretty much, right now the only people with enough information to make power plays are the Mafia. They have the most advantage, and with our lack of investigative roles at the moment the Mafia has the most capacity to plan and make choices to get themselves into a strategic position. If we are going to do anything before we gain the information we need, we need to disrupt Mafia plans and force them to constantly reactively change what they are going to do.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Got any reads?
Besides Zinn town I guess
Yeah, a few.

Minish feels off to me, but this game is a weird game so that might be why. Not scum reading her because of the circumstances. Clarification, what I'm looking for is Minish's outstanding analysis of the game as Town, didn't see it today yet, I'm waiting to see it, if I don't see it tommorow I'm scum reading her. Funnier's flip out was weird, but I think it's legit, I'm town reading him. Tbh if Ex does flip scum I'm not ruling out ME bussing. If Ex flips town naturally I'm going to be suspicious if Ex driving a mislynch. So he's up in the air. Everyone else is null to me.

And of course Ex feels scummy to me but like I said earlier after talking to Zinn I'm not that sure anymore.

You're technically the leading lynch today, do you have any reads? Case study on your wagon?
My early reads are usually pretty bad, I usually get things going after some claims. Flavor usually helps me a lot too.
SMS and Zinn seem to have a strong claim there, so I can trust that they are Town for now.

I'm sure scum is trying to cause my lynch. They probably targeted me due to people thinking I have a Dragonball: if I were scum it would give them another one, and if I weren't they'd have an easy lynch to get the ball. And since I wasn't added in any chat this pretty much made me their next target.
ME kept mentioning that multiple other people that claimed to have Dragonballs during N1, but only Contrainer and Aussie said that. And they're both dead now. When I inquired him about this, more than once, he just avoided the topic and kept saying that my logic was denied because "multiple people claimed to have Dragonballs". I'm not sure if he's doing this outta malice just to get me lynched or if he's really not paying attention to the messages that matter, I'm givin' the benefit of the doubt until I have to fight back.

He's also nitpicking on something that has NO RELEVANCE to the game at all, so I'm not even sure why some people are sheeping it. Because if anyone can think of ANY STRATEGY where guessing alignment on N1 could result in something DISASTROUS to Town, please feel free to enlighten me.

But, pretty much, right now the only people with enough information to make power plays are the Mafia. They have the most advantage, and with our lack of investigative roles at the moment the Mafia has the most capacity to plan and make choices to get themselves into a strategic position. If we are going to do anything before we gain the information we need, we need to disrupt Mafia plans and force them to constantly reactively change what they are going to do.
I agree completely with this.
However, the only plan I can think for us to somewhat spoil right now is the ball gathering, tho, to force them to change target kills while we don't find our investigative and protective roles.

Yeah, a few.

Minish feels off to me, but this game is a weird game so that might be why. Not scum reading her because of the circumstances. Clarification, what I'm looking for is Minish's outstanding analysis of the game as Town, didn't see it today yet, I'm waiting to see it, if I don't see it tommorow I'm scum reading her. Funnier's flip out was weird, but I think it's legit, I'm town reading him. Tbh if Ex does flip scum I'm not ruling out ME bussing. If Ex flips town naturally I'm going to be suspicious if Ex driving a mislynch. So he's up in the air. Everyone else is null to me.

And of course Ex feels scummy to me but like I said earlier after talking to Zinn I'm not that sure anymore.
Sms is town

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
bh if Ex does flip scum I'm not ruling out ME bussing
Picking this out because well

engineer wouldn't even know if he was bussing would he?

When I inquired him about this, more than once, he just avoided the topi
Same here.

Now, I'm starting to consider that wolves really did target engineer. His whole angle is pretty gross anyway, but if he is a found wolf I think it makes less sense for him to be on ex with a partner, though still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread