• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Guardian of Remembrance - Impressions Thread

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This here's a thread to discuss the second wave of DLC for Age of Calamity. Did you get it? Did you enjoy it?

Compared to the first wave, there was noticably less to actually get done this time around. Less quests, less missions, only new things to work towards are just building up the new characters the same way we've been doing since the first wave. Content-wise I feel it was a bit lacking. I finished everything in about 6 hours, and I was able to complete every memory quest on the first blind playthroughs bar one, so it was over pretty quickly. They could have benefitted from more missions, and also the Flail, Master Cycle, and new characters do not get EX battle skills like everyone else does. Odd. Also it's really funny to me that because of the new characters, the roster now has to scroll down to make room for only exactly one character in a single row lol. release a third wave with 3 new characters to even it back out

As far as the actual story content they added goes? Excellent. Some parts could have benefitted from more padding, notably Urbosa and Rhoam's conversation being awkwardly short and unrevealing, and Astor's scene only raised more questions than it answered. However, everything else was really sweet and interesting, and very well done. I was really excited about how Sidon got to interact with his younger self, and how we got a peek at Link in BotW's timeline thanks to Yunobo, and it really made me crave for these characters to continue on in BotW 2.

My favorite new story mission was very easily The Princess and the King. I loved the way there were two separate battles going on at the same map without either side knowing about each other, and the way Zelda and Rhoam were musing aloud about each other and the worries they had was just so good. There's often so much goodness in the battle dialogues that gets overlooked due to the nature of it, and there was an abundance of the good stuff in these memory quests. Also, that final secret ending cutscene hit me as hard as the Champion's Ballad did. I cried a lil. It was so wonderful.

So yeah, I guess it really kinda stands on story content more than it does playable content. It didn't really change the way I've been playing the game, and it didn't really add more good stuff for the weapon grind, either. Just basically lets you soak in some story goodness and then play with shiny new toys (which are both pretty darn fun, to be fair). Just wish there was more new stuff to do, I guess.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Generally pretty happy with it as well, haven't done everything yet, but got both characters and did all the major stuff, really happy with the new battle maps personal favourite mission was the Yiga, it helped fill in a valuable gap in the story and the tiny little bit of backstory for Sooga worked great, and really happy with Sooga being the final character, while it would have been great to get Astor, I am not too disappointed, just happy it was one of the 2

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Really love it! I haven't finished all quests right now. Just a few more to go but boy am I hooked or what?! I love the interactions and I love the elements if some monsters! I can't wait to see what's coming next :D

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, I unlocked Purah/Robbie but have a few more quests to do.
So far my fav is:
The Yiga battle. I really like Sooga as a character and I accidentally found out he's the final playable character. But instead of mad at myself for reading this I'm very happy! He's such a cool character and his final words in that battle we're so memorable. He equals Volga as my fav character of all time. Now I can't wait to unlock him.

Also:
Baby Sidon! Mipha's love for her lil brother is so pure and sweet just like she is. And Sidon encouraging his younger self. But how sweet baby Sidon is!!

Oh and of course:
I don't care what people think of Yunobo. He's easily one of the most caring and sweetest and supportive characters in the game! He works so hard and still gives all credit to others. Plus once you figured out the moves and combo's he's very cool!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Getting some more hands-on time with Purah & Robbie today and they're really fun. Some of their combos are slow hitting and thus no good for hitting weak point gauges, but their fifth combo basically deletes the gauge, which is kinda nutty. Also, setting up one of their inventions to stack with their combos or rune counters feels incredibly good. The inventions are also just really nice crowd control, too. It kinda reminds me of how Zelda's sheikah slate plays. Very fun and technical. Also love their antics. Their animations are so very in character, and the voice clips are great. Robbie shouting "I'm alIIIIIIIIVE" when he stands up kills me every time.

Sooga is also really fun. An incredibly smooth fighter. His counter move feels so satisfying to use, and it's really nice that it can reflect guardian lasers. It also makes dealing with the new tier wizzrobes more bearable. His combos are pretty slick, but he doesn't have much in the way of crowd control. He feels like he's built to take on enemy captains and not much else, but that's fine. He's a great play.

Also really appreciate the new character skills. Some of then are kind of subtle, and others are like "where has this been the entire time?!". Daruk's in particular stands out to me. He already had the best shield in the game, but now he can do perfect guard, as well, making it more like Daruk's Protection from BotW. It's super nice to have that on more than just three characters now. Makes me love him even more. Zelda's Luminescent mode getting a sweeping laser whenever she dodges was also pretty badass. Combine that with her regular attacks in that mode and you can whittle down enemy health like its made of paper. It's so nice. These new abilities are so fun to mess around with.

I really like it. I like the new characters. The new cutscences are fun too. I really wished they added a Akkala mission with an Akkala cutscence. But other than that I liked the DLC surrpsied how short it was.

It was what I expected. I don't expect Nintendo to ever get too deep into the relationships of BOTW, sadly. Maybe they will, or not. Either way, the new cutscenes, abilities, and weapons for the characters are all a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom