• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Guaranteed Ganon?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
ONM:So with new controls and a new art style, is this an entirely new world for Link to explore? Or will we see the references and little nods toward other games in the series, as in previous Zelda games?

AONUMA:
We really haven't made a set determination as to whether certain characters will re-appear or not appear. One of the things we talk about with our staff is how a character works or can be used in this game, or if it would be fun to tie in a connection here... anything that the fans would be appreciative of. I am pretty much letting the team decide how and when we implement that sort of thing.

I get the feeling that they are referring to Ganon. Not so much Zelda, though it is possible, but I feel they are making a reference to Ganon as he has been replaced with other villains various times.

It isn't a definite "no", but it isn't a "yes" either. Leaving it up to the staff makes it even harder to speculate.... :/

If they do force Ganon in, the game's sory will suck. It SHOULD be impossible for him to appear, since his origin is in OoT. Yet Nintendo may stick him in there. And to answer a previous statement, there's not multiple incarnations of Ganon, since the Gerudo died out.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
As much as I enjoy Ganon/dorf, I hope that this is a new boss, which it seems like it could be. Since they are going for 'different' with this game, it would make more sense as well, as by adding a new villian, they could come up with a brand new means of 'why the evil is choosing to be evil' that doesn't have to go with how Ganon/dorf would act. It could really help alter the typical story of Zelda games and make this one more interesting with some cool plot twists.

If they do force Ganon in, the game's sory will suck. It SHOULD be impossible for him to appear, since his origin is in OoT. Yet Nintendo may stick him in there. And to answer a previous statement, there's not multiple incarnations of Ganon, since the Gerudo died out.
I agree with almost all of this... The Gerudo never died out, just because they were not in TP, does not mean they were not existing. TP's only out of hyrule area was Ordon. Gerudo Messa is apart of Hyrule, the Gerudos are not apart of Hyrule. Saying that the Gerudos die out is like saying hte Oocca do not exist since they were not in TWW. The Gerudo dieing out was poor fanon observation, never confirmed or even hinted at, at all!

Z

zora tunic

hey i'm new to the site but anyway i was thinking why would they make the sword if it wasnt to stop someone i know what your thinkingwell it stops monsters doesnt it?? well it does but see if you played OoT you realize gannons weakness is the master sword well either the villian in this one will have to be ganon or someone who got the ToP somthing like that. And also vaati was a MINISH and SS was before all the races so vaati can't be it

why does everyone assume that because Ganondorf can't be in it that Ganon can't either? Ganon and ganondorf are two different things. Ganon is a deamon and Ganondorf is a man. the only Gerudo man. but stil a man. i think this will be the origin of Ganon and Link will come down from Skyloft to united Hyrule and defeat Ganon. i think at the end of the game they might show Ganondorf being born or as a small child and Ganon then posses Ganondorf. i heard this game takes place 100 years before oot. that's why i think at the end Ganondorf will be born because only one male gerudo is born every 100 years. and i think it's funny ( not funny haha. funny weird);) that this game takes place exactly 100 years before oot.

I agree with almost all of this... The Gerudo never died out, just because they were not in TP, does not mean they were not existing. TP's only out of hyrule area was Ordon. Gerudo Messa is apart of Hyrule, the Gerudos are not apart of Hyrule. Saying that the Gerudos die out is like saying hte Oocca do not exist since they were not in TWW. The Gerudo dieing out was poor fanon observation, never confirmed or even hinted at, at all!

No, you went to the Gerudo desert, and where were the Gerudo? And you never went to the sky to see any Oocca in WW.

why does everyone assume that because Ganondorf can't be in it that Ganon can't either? Ganon and ganondorf are two different things. Ganon is a deamon and Ganondorf is a man. the only Gerudo man. but stil a man. i think this will be the origin of Ganon and Link will come down from Skyloft to united Hyrule and defeat Ganon. i think at the end of the game they might show Ganondorf being born or as a small child and Ganon then posses Ganondorf. i heard this game takes place 100 years before oot. that's why i think at the end Ganondorf will be born because only one male gerudo is born every 100 years. and i think it's funny ( not funny haha. funny weird);) that this game takes place exactly 100 years before oot.​

No, Ganondorf transforms of sorts into Ganon, due to the ToP. They aren't seperate entities.

No, you went to the Gerudo desert, and where were the Gerudo? And you never went to the sky to see any Oocca in WW.
Correction, you do not go to Gerudo Desert, you got to Gerudo Messa. The difference is that Gerudo Desert is a different country than Hyrule. That is stated in OoT. In TP, they said all of hte map except Ordon is Hyrule. Which means that Gerudo Messa is Hyrule, but Gerudo Desert is not. So that is why you never see the Gerudo, you never actualy go to their country.

No, Ganondorf transforms of sorts into Ganon, due to the ToP. They aren't seperate entities.
I agree with this. When people say there is more than one Ganon, they mean more than one Ganon (as in a person). There is no seperate deamon Ganon soul. See the Multi-ganon thread for further explanation on that.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Okay. Some people aren't sure about the main villain of the game. I have a theory it will be Ganon (again)

Okay. So in every game so far that has the appearance of the Moblin enemy, Ganon/Ganondorf has been in it. Due to his pig like appearance, this makes sense. For example, there were Moblins in ALTTP, Oot (near the forest temple), Wind waker, and in TP. I'm not sure if this means Ganon is the main antagonist, but his appearance is practically guaranteed. Not just for this reason, but for others...

Like that seal the master sword supposed to act as. He mentions, "oh, you broke a seal when you drew that blade. Now I'm magical! Mwahaha!"

What do you think? :O

Ok, there is not evidence Ganon will be in the game, and with the use of common sense, we will discover that he won't be in the game.
1.Ganon was born some years before OoT Link was born
2.The game is over more than 100 years before OoT
3.We will NOT see baby Ganon
4. It is the same Ganon throughout the whole series, there has never been more than one Ganon (Well, there is a split timeline, but you know what I mean)
5.If Ganon appears in this game, then why would the King in OoT even let him in the castle?

Correction, you do not go to Gerudo Desert, you got to Gerudo Messa. The difference is that Gerudo Desert is a different country than Hyrule. That is stated in OoT. In TP, they said all of hte map except Ordon is Hyrule. Which means that Gerudo Messa is Hyrule, but Gerudo Desert is not. So that is why you never see the Gerudo, you never actualy go to their country.

That was stated before you went to the Gerudo Mesa/Desert. And how can it be part of Hyrule if you have to be shot out of a cannon just to get there? The name change took place over time I'm assuming, since many names tend to change over time.

That was stated before you went to the Gerudo Mesa/Desert. And how can it be part of Hyrule if you have to be shot out of a cannon just to get there? The name change took place over time I'm assuming, since many names tend to change over time.
My point was that Gerudo Desert and Gerudo Messa have no connection except that they have the word "Gerudo" in the title. Otherwise, it would still be called Gerudo Desert in TP. Just because you use a Canon, does not mean that it is a different country. Ordon is a different country and I do not see link being shot to Ordon and back do I? No names have changed. (If you are talking about Faron Woods and Sacred Grove, that is not the same thing as Kokiri Forest and Lost Woods, if it was, then their name would be the same and framiler elements would show up, which they do not.)

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
My point was that Gerudo Desert and Gerudo Messa have no connection except that they have the word "Gerudo" in the title. Otherwise, it would still be called Gerudo Desert in TP. Just because you use a Canon, does not mean that it is a different country. Ordon is a different country and I do not see link being shot to Ordon and back do I? No names have changed. (If you are talking about Faron Woods and Sacred Grove, that is not the same thing as Kokiri Forest and Lost Woods, if it was, then their name would be the same and framiler elements would show up, which they do not.)

He/she has a point. We didn't see a fortress, just an abandoned coliseum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom