• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Guaranteed Ganon?

Okay. Some people aren't sure about the main villain of the game. I have a theory it will be Ganon (again)

Okay. So in every game so far that has the appearance of the Moblin enemy, Ganon/Ganondorf has been in it. Due to his pig like appearance, this makes sense. For example, there were Moblins in ALTTP, Oot (near the forest temple), Wind waker, and in TP. I'm not sure if this means Ganon is the main antagonist, but his appearance is practically guaranteed. Not just for this reason, but for others...

Like that seal the master sword supposed to act as. He mentions, "oh, you broke a seal when you drew that blade. Now I'm magical! Mwahaha!"

What do you think? :O

You are incorrect. Moblins were in MC, but Vaati was the Main Boss in it where as Ganon did not even have a cameo. Why do people want Ganon so much? He is the worst villian in the series!

Update: I said he is the my least favorite in the series, but I did not say he is a terrible character. He is better than most nintendo bosses.

Last edited:
D

DarkLink51

Hmm i really dont want to see Ganon this time! This probably will NEVER happen but i want someone vicious like insane

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Eh, Ganon needs some serious backstory explained other than the very generic intentions he is given. I'm sure they can think of something more detailed.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Eh, Ganon needs some serious backstory explained other than the very generic intentions he is given. I'm sure they can think of something more detailed.

It is stated in Wind Waker that he desired the peaceful winds of Hyrule while the winds in his homeland of the Gerudo Valley always brought suffering and death. His intense jealousy fueled his ambition to conquer Hyrule. Not the most detailed explanation in the world, but it certainly beats simply "he wants to rule the world" and "he sought out the Triforce".

Anyway,
I don't see how Ganondorf could possibly fit in to what we know of the plot. The general setting of the story is before Ocarina of Time, explaining the origin of the Master Sword.
In Ocarina of Time, the sword has been referred to as the legendary blade, so I am assuming that a reasonably long period of time has passed between SS and OoT for the sword to have a title like that.
Because of this, it is unlikely that Ganondorf is even born at this point...Unless he, too, has various incarnations like Link and Zelda that we do not currently know about.

Granted, that would be interesting (albeit considerably confusing) and all, but hopefully we won't see any of that. One Ganon/dorf is enough, and he was formally introduced in OoT, which clearly takes several, perhaps hundreds of years later. Having said that, I think Nintendo's got a new villain in store for us this time around. Bringing back Ganon/dorf doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Plus, I think, not completely sure on this, but the monsters in the trailer for SS were Bokoblins and not moblins. They look a bit similar, but I'm fairly certain that they have no relation to Ganon at all. They're just goblin creatures, nothing more.

Last edited:
Ganon is a great villian but his apperance in skyward sword would make the game worse mainly because of 1 thing we know wat he wants and how is going to try and get it so the plot will be revealed very early in the game but if they have someone who we have never heard of or someone fresh from an older game then we could go through the game not thinking he wants the triforce maybe they just want to be king or wants the master sword for himself but has to find a way of getting it while he is evil.

Unless he, too, has various incarnations like Link and Zelda that we do not currently know about.
Excuse me, but I must correct you. Nobody has incarnations. There are multiple zeldas because very earlie in the series, the brother said from them on, every female born into the family will be named zelda All of the zelda's in the games we have seen have fallen into that, except for the LoZ zelda who is the same one from AoL, were this was established. As for the links, there are 13 different links including ZSS. Each one was probably chosen by the goddesses for that generation, and they inherited the tunics or it is just another origin (like OoT or MC).

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Someone with the personality of the Joker would be great.

Excuse me, but I must correct you. Nobody has incarnations. There are multiple zeldas because very earlie in the series, the brother said from them on, every female born into the family will be named zelda All of the zelda's in the games we have seen have fallen into that, except for the LoZ zelda who is the same one from AoL, were this was established. As for the links, there are 13 different links including ZSS. Each one was probably chosen by the goddesses for that generation, and they inherited the tunics or it is just another origin (like OoT or MC).

How come Ganondorf can never die, but only be sealed, and Link cannot, they both have a piece of the Triforce in them.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
How come Ganondorf can never die, but only be sealed, and Link cannot, they both have a piece of the Triforce in them.
No one's ever tried to seal Link. Actually he was kinda sealed for 7 years during OoT. Ganondorf died twice, once on each side of the timeline. Your question/statement doesn't make much sense to me...

P

PrinceofDarknes

If we don't see Ganondorf again (in SS), I would at least like to see someone intelligent like Ganon and not a mass of uncontrollable evil like Majora.

Ganon from LoZ, ALttP, OoX (if linked), TWW, and TP. In OoT and FSA he is scealed. He is revived in the OoX games. He is atempted to be revived in AoL. In LA, he is not their physicaly, but one of Nightmare's form is Ganon, and he died when Link _____ (removed due to spoiler). He is revived, scealed, killed the whole package. But he is not reincarnated, because they always use the same old body and never a brand new soul.

I doubt Ganon will appear in SS.
1- The game seems to be hundreds of years before OoT, Ganondorf isn't even born yet (I don't think he was immortal before taking the ToP).
2- I think even Nintendo agrees that Ganon is already overused, and that people want a different villain just for a change.
3- Finding some excuse to make Ganon the villain would be completely LAME (for this would be the second time they do this!)

My bet is that we'll have a completely new villain this time around.

Well, it seems that's because of the nature of the triforce of power, which grants Ganon infinite magical power and immortality, while the triforce of courage grants Link... ah... forget about it! xD And that's why every Ganon is the same.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I really hope we DON'T see Ganondorf. It'd be interesting (although impossible since this is hundreds of years before OoT) to see more of Ganon's backstory but I think we need someone fresh for a change. I was completely satisfied with Zant. I thought he was a great villain. There was no reason to add Ganondorf to TP. It just made no sense. I hope to see someone insane, like Majora, Zant or Chancellor Cole. Those are always the most fun. (Although I doubt my wish will come true since the crazies seem to only be in the darker games)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
^ Eh, I feel like the whole "insane villain" thing is a copout. It's sort of a way to avoid having to explain why the villain is a villain. Instead, it's just because he's insane. The only time I ever really enjoyed the whole "insane villain" bit was with FF6's Kefka. He was beyond insane, and it worked because they went there. They went through with things like genocide, which is something that just doesn't happen in Zelda.

For Zelda, I think the insane villain bit needs avoiding. It was fine to have little development or reason for Ganon back in the day because games weren't advanced as they are now. However now we are at the points where characters need motives. To make a insane villain copout will be taking a step backward in my opinion.

I don't remember where I heard it, but I could've sworn it was mentioned that Skyward Sword wouldn't be relative to other Zeldas. Maybe it was the roundtable? I don't recall. But I hope its true. This way, I think an including of Ganon may happen and work well. I mean, it would be very nice to have a prequel to the series that fills in gaps and gives us some sense of things, but Nintendo always takes the opportunities to make sense and instead does something completely unexpected and way out there (Oocca.....oi). If they did make a prequel, I think they would only create more gaps.

So... who knows. But I don't think the enemies in the games have much to do with guaranteeing Ganon's presence. In any case, I do hope he returns.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
Yeah, I almost don't want see Ganon. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, I just think we've had too many games with him at this point. Later, yes, I'd love to see him again...but a break would be nice. Nintendo realizes this so I do not think Ganon will be in this one.

Eh...a totally crazy villan? Naw...I want someone smart. I want a new villan that makes you think you know what going on, but you really have no clue. I want to be wracking my brain and almost infuriated at how twisted the plot is, all because of the villan. Heh heh. But, that's just me. His/Her (Don't forget, females can be badasses too) personality should be intuitive...not just strange.

But a little weirdness can make it fun. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom