• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Guaranteed Ganon?

I have the 1999 game of the year version but it doesn't matter we know that they are about 300 or 400, the problem is that we don't know when SS occurs. 100 years before oot? 600 years before oot? No one knows for sure.

@ember incubus yes it was the orginal version. i know they do change things in later versions sometimes. @water-is-evil nintendo doesn't always tells you when a game takes place. like orginally i heard tp takes place 1,000 years after oot. the some poeple say it takes place 100 years after. so unless nintendo comes out and tell us it's all speculation.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I think Ganon is in the game. SS is for now the first game of loz, so I think the enemys are standart because there had to be a first ganon, a first zelda and a first Link who were chosen by the gods. If this game really is the first game, it will be a game with ganon(dorf)

Actualy, Ganon was not chosen by the gods, he just got the ToP because he got to touch the triforce first and his soul was unbalanced and leaned towards power hunger. Which makes me wonder, who is the chosen weilder of the ToP? Also, the first Ganon, as far as everyone beleive, is in OoT. But then again, lets just agree to disagree.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
But that was in OoT, Ganon loses his ToP mostly at the and of a game. But he still reincarnate. And you sayd he wasn't chosen but does'nt the ToP find the one who is the most searching for it?

Actualy he neve canonicly lost the ToP. If you see Link after he was sent back to the past, he still had the Triforce of Courage, which implies Ganon would still have the Triforce of Power. And he was scealed in the sacred realm, there is no mention of him being deprived of his force. And no, the person who touches the Triforce gets the most balanced part. If your soul wants power more, you get power. If you are a higher balance of Power and Courage, you get the two. If your soul is equaly balanced you get the True Force. (All three.) And whatever is left goes to the people who are chosen. Ganon was not chosen, but since he touched it, the chosen weilder of the ToP was deprived of it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't know if anyone has said this already, but I think Ganon has to be in this game. Correct me if I'm wrong, The Skyward Sword is the Master Sword and the Master Sword is crafted to defeat Ganon. Meaning the Skyward Sword has to become the Master Sword in order to rid Hyrule of Ganon. This game is like the Origin of Link the Master Sword and anything we know about Zelda. So why not be the Origin of Ganon or even Evil for that matter.

Last edited:
As long as he's not fat like he was in TP, I'm fine with Ganon being in SS.

Hahaha, nice one ZeldaHam :P. Good laugh!

Which makes me wonder, who is the chosen weilder of the ToP?

I believe it was stated in a zelda game, I do not remember but I think it's wind waker. You see *SPOILERS* The king or hyrule and he has it. Just look up a video of the end of the game, before the final battle I think.

Which makes me wonder, who is the chosen weilder of the ToP?

I believe it was stated in a zelda game, I do not remember but I think it's wind waker. You see *SPOILERS* The king or hyrule and he has it. Just look up a video of the end of the game, before the final battle I think.

S

ShadowGerbil

Ganon is a great villian but is overused way to much. we should either have a new bad guy, have Vaati return or have the origins of majora explained.

I don't know if anyone has said this already, but I think Gannon has to be in this game. Correct me if I'm wrong, The Skyward Sword is the Master Sword and the Master Sword is crafted to defeat Gannon. Meaning the Skyward Sword has to become the Master Sword in order to rid Hyrule of Gannon. This game is like the Origin of Link the Master Sword and anything we know about Zelda. So why not be the Origin of Gannon or even Evil for that matter.
The MS was made to fight of evil, not specificly Ganon. People always say the only sword that can kill Ganon is the MS. I am so tired ofpeople overlooking and ignoring everything that was in FSA. The FS is also Ganon's weakness! > .<'

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Ganon could be in this game in some type of form. He doesn't need to be the main villainous boss of the game. This game could and should explain a lot more of the Gerudo people and have his mother (Twinrova) be one of the antagonist of the game. But who knows, Twinrova is only 400yrs old, and who knows how long before Skyward Sword is of Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:
IMO, ZSS is atleast a thousand years before OoT.
Exactly. Logical connection of facts we know about the game clearly tells us we're not looking at a small amount of time prior to OoT. We're looking at many centuries. 1000 years seem like a minimum to me.

If Nintendo wants Ganondorf to appear, they can come up with a way to make him appear. He could find a way to travel back in time with the intent of destroying the Hero of Time's ancestor if Nintendo wanted him to.
True. I don't think anyone's denying that. The problem is there are right ways and wrong ways to introduce a character in a story. With what seems to be going on with Skyward Sword's setting and story, it seems like they'd have to kind of force it if they were going to have Ganon appear. Since they would, I doubt it'll happen because it would hurt the storytelling.

Well theres no moblins in the game- I think its bokoblins.
The presence or absence of Moblins is irrelevant. They have no direct connections to any plot elements anymore.

if Ganon and Ganondorf are the exact same person then why are there games where only Ganon appears? if they are the same person then both would appear together. but they don't always appear together. Ganon is in more games than Ganondorf. i know Ganondorf changes in Ganon but then he changes back. i have a theory for this. the fact the beast is just named ganon and the man is Ganondorf sounds like Ganondorf was named after Ganon. many people put endings or small changes when they name someone after someone or somthing else. many men are named after their fathers. also why give the beast a name most shape shifter's don't name the animal they change into. when link changes they call him link still. no name change. i think there was a man called Ganon first. he was the king of evil.he also was a shape shifter. he was defeated by link. weeks before he died he fathered one child. Ganondorf! i think when Ganon was dead Koume and Kotake resurected Ganon and housed him in Ganondorf. which is why Ganondorf is evil. and since this game is said to take place one hundred years before oot this is possible even plausible.
That theory is interesting, but unprovable. Since it's an outlandish new idea, it would still be forced if implemented into Skyward Sword.

As for the theory itself, note that Ganondorf LITERALLY turns into Ganon in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. He's also referred to Ganon as a shortened version of Ganondorf in The Wind Waker. Another thing worth noting is back in the first three games it was all the same Ganon. Yet in ALttP it explains that his name WAS Ganondorf, and that he's in the pig form because of the Dark World. This implies to me that they're the same person. It seems baseless to say otherwise, IMO.

well just because someone looks that age doesn't mean they are. i didn't say i wanted him i just put out a theory that was possible and somewhat logical.
Language in the game, the way they refer to him, along with the stories about how a Gerudo King is born once every 100 years, etc... It all leads directly to the conclusion that he was 30-40 and was living a pretty normal human lifespan. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Actualy, one says she was 300, and the other sayes she was 275. Not sure about the 275 one, but for sure the older one said 300. And there is no way ZSS is anywere close to 300 years before OoT. It has to be way more than that.
They're twins. They're both the same age, so probably 300 based on their banter. ;)

I don't know if anyone has said this already, but I think Ganon has to be in this game. Correct me if I'm wrong, The Skyward Sword is the Master Sword and the Master Sword is crafted to defeat Ganon. Meaning the Skyward Sword has to become the Master Sword in order to rid Hyrule of Ganon. This game is like the Origin of Link the Master Sword and anything we know about Zelda. So why not be the Origin of Ganon or even Evil for that matter.
There has never been statements on WHY the Master Sword was created or how even how. Only that it is the Blade of Evil's Bane and has the power to defeat Ganon, not that it was created for that purpose.

Ganon could be in this game in some type of form. He doesn't need to be the main villainous boss of the game. This game could and should explain a lot more of the Gerudo people and have his mother (Twinrova) be one of the antagonist of the game. But who knows, Twinrova is only 400yrs old, and who knows how long before Skyward Sword is of Ocarina of Time.
Koume and Kotake are 300 years old. Also logical deduction based on facts we know about the story is that SS can only take place centuries before OoT. Twinrova and Ganondorf have likely not been born, and we might even be seeing Hyrule before the Gerudo.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
No Ganon/dorf. Stay out of this game. I absolutely HATED how Nintendo just threw him into TP. I loved Zant as the main villain, but noo, they just had to put Ganon in there too. Ugh. I'm getting tired of the guy! I want a new, fresh main villain. I want him/her to be smart. I want a looott of deception and puppetry going on in the game. And maybe he/she can be just a tad insane.

Someone with the personality of the Joker would be great.

YES. That would be perfect (or so I think). And an in-depth background story of him/her would be appreciated as well.

And the evil that is roaming down in the land below Skyloft should be completely chaotic. Almost everything in ruins. Evil spirits and demons would be cool too. :D And please, dear god, make the game CREEPY.
I've always loved Zelda's fighting music: so creepy and intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom