• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Groose

Rytex

Resident Netizen
For those of you who ignore the SPOILERS! prefix and jump in, only to flame that the thread was a spoiler (you troll) and that you received no prior warning,THIS is your last warning. This post contains spoilers, only of one character, namely Groose, Link's Rival.

Groose is the character in the SS Characters section listed as Link's Rival. He's the redhead who throws eggs at Link in the middle of the Wing Ceremony, and he locks Link's Loftwing away in a cave with Keese and Gels in order to discourage him from participating. He also has a thing for Zelda, and is immensely jealous of Link's bond with her.

What do you guys think of him? Do you think he'll attempt to go after Zelda himself and help/hinder Link along the way? It seems that with all the cameos and references to previous games Zelda's putting in Skyward Sword, it makes sense that Groose can be seen as a bit of a more modern version of Ralph from Oracle of Ages, who took off to rescue Nayru, creating a bit of a rivalry with Link, though he considered it a friendly one. He both helped and hindered Link on his quest, unintentionally each time, as he wanted to be the one to rescue Nayru, so I see Groose as a repackaged Ralph, albeit a little more of a jerk.

What do you guys think of him from what I've said and you've seen?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OH WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME ABOUT THE SPOILERS!!!?
(joke)

Anyways, I think Groose will play a big part in SS I think every time something happens story wise in skyloft Groose will try to hinder you or be mean. I would like to think he will join Ghirahim at some point because that would be rather interesting especially if his involvement with Ghirahim means that he will be banished and start up the Gerudo tribe or something like that. I'm unsure about the Groose Gerudo thing though, I just have a feeling they will already be an established tribe and that Koume and Kotake will appear.

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
I think its a bit silly that people come to a DISCUSSION forum designated to an unreleased game that they plan on playing, then complain about spoilers. Put 2 and 2 together and don't go into the forum of a game you don't want to know anything about, lol :)

Anyway, i'm pretty sure we'll end up having to save Groose at some point in the game, and he'll have no choice but to thank Link. No evidence to back that up, but I can just see it happening !

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I don't know enough to really make a judgment, but from what I know, he is a ginger with weird eyes...

Je connais pas assé sur lui pour le jugé, mais je sais qu'il a les cheveux roux, et des yeux bizzares...

He's the Harry Reid of Zelda characters. Total slime. I saw a wonderful pic of Zelda giving him "the pointer finger". Judging by the looks on their faces, I'd say she tells him off for being horrible to Link.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great idea. Remember how fantastically Mido was received. Groose is probably going to have a similar fanbase.

I believe he is a side character and he kind of reminds me of a Bowser from the Mario series. I thought about it along time ago but I kind of am going with what GanonKing states. It just makes perfect sense!. I heard Aounoma state that this would be more of a school drama so you could wonder right :P

I believe he is a side character and he kind of reminds me of a Bowser from the Mario series. I thought about it along time ago but I kind of am going with what GanonKing states. It just makes perfect sense!. I heard Aounoma state that this would be more of a school drama so you could wonder right :P
Someone should photoshop him throwing hammers at Link.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I find it possible that Groose will found the Gerudo tribe after Skyloft supposedly needs to move back to the land below. However, during our adventure in Skyward Sword, I believe he's only being to be a rival, and somewhat symbolic of the bully that Ganondorf is to Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom