• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Groose Vs Mido

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well groose is a better stereotypical bully character because he's bigger and he picks on Link and walks around with his little goonies cawlin and strich thinking he's cool.

Mido on the other hand is just a big ole ****

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of actual bullying, Groose was by far the bigger bully, even if he changes his ways later on. Once I left Kokiri Forest I never even thought about Mido til I restarted a new game years later. Mido is insignificant and really doesn't do anything beyond standing in your way. Groose stole your bird and tried to sabotage you from winning the race and actively (though unsuccessfully)tries to belittle Link and deter him away from Zelda. Groose also succeeds as a character for being hateable. He reminds me of a Biff Tannen in the Zelda universe. I also appreciate the character for his development, going from complete d-bag to kind of a good guy. So to answer the question, Groose is the better bully, by far.

Groose because he goes through a lot of character development & was actually one of the main characters from SS. Mido's just a random NPC who isn't part of the main cast & the only thing he did was stopping Link from seeing the Great Deku Tree because he wasn't armed with a sword & shield. And compared to Groose, Mido isn't all that memorable to me.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
You guys are forgetting about the part where Link grows up with Mido. I'm not sure if they all grew up together in Skyward Sword but I'm betting that Groose wasn't always a big bully, considering the nature of his character at the end of the game and he had to grow into his size to be able to push people around, and also crushes don't start at the very beginning of time, I'm sure it's only been a few years since Groose has had a crush on Zelda. Mido is not only a child forever but he's known Saria for all that time too, he's also an established person in the Kokiri community considering he can boss everyone else around. Groose can only boss around his goon buddies and Fledge, everyone else stands up to him or he just doesn't even go for them because they're higher up than him. Groose is a personal bully, but Mido bullies everyone. He sends out random Kokiri to cut Saria's grass and pick up rocks outside his house. Not to mention the growing up factor where ever since Link was a baby he's had to deal with Mido mocking him and calling him "Mr. No Fairy." As a Kokiri that would hurt deeply. Groose changes his behavior but Mido barely even tries.

The obvious choice is Mido by a long shot. There's hardly even a contest here.

I gotta go with Groose, he's got good character development, its funny to see his reaction when Zelda chews him out, he helps you out later and he delivered such verbal gems as
"leave my doo outta this!"
and
"let's call it Grooseland!"

As far as bullying goes Groose is the meaner one, he steals your bird, he throws stuff at you in the competition, he insults you, he leaps on top of Link from who knows how many feet in the air which coulda killed them both.

Mido comes across as more of a whiner then anything else

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
If you talk to Mido as an adult he has some dialogue that makes it seem like he regrets bullying Link. So I think he changes too.

He does, but not nearly as much as Groose does. He may apologize and express regret but he doesn't really change much other than that. Groose literally has an entire change of heart. There's no evidence that Mido will stop being the way he is, or at least to the other Kokiri, but Groose (from what I remember) does a complete 180. I know it's a little unfair because Mido never really gets the chance to, but from what we've been shown Groose becomes far more "good" than Mido.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom