• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Groose is the progenitor of the Lokomo Tribe

Skyward Sword HD

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
But that was centuries before spirit tracks. We don't see many (or any) railways after that point, and if there were any they would have gotten washed away in the great flood. Groose was I to railways before the Lokomo made I cool, not sure if there's any other connections

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
But that was centuries before spirit tracks. We don't see many (or any) railways after that point, and if there were any they would have gotten washed away in the great flood. Groose was I to railways before the Lokomo made I cool, not sure if there's any other connections
Hyrule was flooded after The Great Flood. The mountaintops became islands for the people to live upon in the events of The Wind Waker.

Eventually, they sailed and found a massive landmass to call their own and found New Hyrule. However, there are no mentions of the flood waters receding.

New Hyrule's land-mass is probably best described as a massive plateau, being at a high enough elevation to be equal size to the mountains of Hyrule and higher. Thus, New Hyrule takes place on a continent that is a much higher altitude than most other landmasses on the planet.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
groose is the ancestor of the pirates of wind waker for sure (whether spiritually or genetically), so if you can tie the lokomo to them then I'd say you're onto something

RamboBambiBambo

groose is the ancestor of the pirates of wind waker for sure (whether spiritually or genetically), so if you can tie the lokomo to them then I'd say you're onto something
..........the Lokomo are natives to the land that Tetra and her pirates discovered and founded their kingdom upon. They existed on that continent far before the founding of New Hyrule. There is no relation between The Lokomo Tribe and the descendants of Tetra's Pirate gang.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
..........the Lokomo are natives to the land that Tetra and her pirates discovered and founded their kingdom upon. They existed on that continent far before the founding of New Hyrule. There is no relation between The Lokomo Tribe and the descendants of Tetra's Pirate gang.
then I guess groose isn't related to the lokomo

RamboBambiBambo

then I guess groose isn't related to the lokomo
How do you figure? Because in Skyward Sword this guy LITERALLY states that he built the circle of rails out of just an epiphany. And all of a sudden he knew how to be a basic locomotive engineer. Sounds to me that he has Lokomo blood in him and eventually his descendants split off from the Hylians.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Thomas Edison built the lightbulb, that doesn't mean his descendants are all master electricians. Ik it's a bit different in a fictional setting, but the point still stands. There's nothing tying Groose to the lokomo other than that he created an art thta was forgotten over time, and they rediscovered it.

RamboBambiBambo

But groose was literally bored at the temple and INVENTED a rail system! Do you know what that means for someone who lives in the SKY where there is no ORE to MINE!!!?

He started digging away at dirt, chopping trees, sawing planks, nailing boards, mining and smelting ore to MAKE A RAIL SYSTEM !!!!
Impa was probably like "..........this lunk is insane...........hold up he is actually a genius disguised as a meathead!"

EDIT -

Groose is either the inception of The Lokomo Tribe...... or Skyloft somehow has a copy of Minecraft that he was addicted to.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Hyrule was flooded after The Great Flood. The mountaintops became islands for the people to live upon in the events of The Wind Waker.

Eventually, they sailed and found a massive landmass to call their own and found New Hyrule. However, there are no mentions of the flood waters receding.

New Hyrule's land-mass is probably best described as a massive plateau, being at a high enough elevation to be equal size to the mountains of Hyrule and higher. Thus, New Hyrule takes place on a continent that is a much higher altitude than most other landmasses on the planet.
by the way, none of this has anything to do w/ what she said

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You thought the progenitor of the lokomo tribe was Groose but it was me Dio!

Sometimes the same technology can be invented by separate peoples without influencing the other. Rail was already a thing in Lanayru mining facility also.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
What if I told you.........that my original post was just a s**tpost?
This is why theory crafting needs to be well researched. My personal method of creating a theory involves purposely trying to disprove it, and if I can easily do so it will never see the light of day. But if a theory is published and it falls apart the crafter has to accept that and just move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom