• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Groose: Beginning or Later?

Which Groose did you like better?

• Beginning Groose (Skyloft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later Groose (Land Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Groose on the surface because the Groose in Skyloft is such a jerk to Link and steals his loftwing which almost cause Link's death. But it is pretty hilarious when Zelda chews Groose out. I also felt such great satisfaction when I beat Groose in the challenge to get the scroll. I was like "IN YOUR FACE GROOSE!" lol I like him when he's much nicer.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I liked him later when he joined you to help fight the Imprisoned. I think it showed his true colors.
Besides, the game wouldn't take 1-3 hours to start if it wasn't for him.
If it wasn't for hiding that damn bird.....

I liked him later on during my first playthrough but now that i know what happens he has a bittersweet-ness about him. He loves Zelda and but his love shows itself as jealousy towards Link and a general bullying nature for seeking Zelda's attention, its quite sad and quite awful that we dont know this from the start, we just dislike him and are ignorant of his internal conflict so now I like him all of the way through.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Later. Definitely. I really disliked Groose initially because he was a bully to Link, and I always take Link's side. XD

I didn't realize that Groose would eventually become more than just that. He really had a change of heart (or showed his true colors, depending on how you want to interpret it) after he witnessed Link's selflessness when he faced The Imprisoned. He went from a self-centered jerk who only cared for himself to someone who earnestly wanted to do better for the world. He became a really likable character in the end. He really wanted Zelda in the beginning, but during some of the last cutscenes in the game, his maturity shows when he accepts the fact that she probably is better off with Link.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Later. Definitely. I really disliked Groose initially because he was a bully to Link, and I always take Link's side. XD

I didn't realize that Groose would eventually become more than just that. He really had a change of heart (or showed his true colors, depending on how you want to interpret it) after he witnessed Link's selflessness when he faced The Imprisoned. He went from a self-centered jerk who only cared for himself to someone who earnestly wanted to do better for the world. He became a really likable character in the end. He really wanted Zelda in the beginning, but during some of the last cutscenes in the game, his maturity shows when he accepts the fact that she probably is better off with Link.
This.

I liked the part when he told Link: "When you see Zelda...tell her I said what's up." I wonder if Link did? She'd probably be all: "Oh, that idiot again? Tell him I said screw you." Or something like that...until she finds out he's changed xD

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
post-Grooseland Groose is the only one that even exists in my mind since he is so freaking hilarious. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom