• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Greed's Drawings

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I was flipping through some old drawing albums yesterday and I found this picture. I really liked it, so I decided to post it. I believe I drew this 2 years ago... maybe last year.

Anyways, here's Sora from Kingdom Hearts!

View attachment 9307

That looks really cool! You are a good drawer! Any ideas on drawing for rookies? ;) By the way, keep up the good work!

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Um, well the only advice I have is to proportion your work. I never used to draw lines across faces, I would just "wing-it." But then one eye would be lower than the other, or the fingers would be too long, and it just looked plain bad! Also, I try to use long, fluent lines, rather than short, choppy lines. Finally, you've probably heard this many times, don't give up and keep working hard.

Anyways, you sound interested in drawing. Do you have any work available?

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Um, well the only advice I have is to proportion your work. I never used to draw lines across faces, I would just "wing-it." But then one eye would be lower than the other, or the fingers would be too long, and it just looked plain bad! Also, I try to use long, fluent lines, rather than short, choppy lines. Finally, you've probably heard this many times, don't give up and keep working hard.

Anyways, you sound interested in drawing. Do you have any work available?

I have been doodling and drawing at my free time ever since I was(I think) 3 or 4 years old. I always try to be better at my drawings, and I try to pour everything I can in my best ones. The problem is that I can't draw when I want to. You are going to laugh at this, but I only draw or doodle when my head tells me to, and I go and pick up a pencil and paper. My best works happen when I would randomly be reading or something, then say to myself: " Okay, I am going to draw now." My best works usually come from these experiences.... I have been breaking this habit though, and I draw the best at all times now. I usually draw with a pencil, and I would not make the best artist in the world.
The reason is because I have trouble visualizing what I draw. The truth is that I always try to pay attention to the present when drawing the picture and not the future. Meaning that I would not be thinking about how my picture is going to end up as.
I do not have a scanner yet, so I can't really show any images now. Although, there has been a rumor going on around my family, that we will be buying a scanner soon...:suspicious:

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
These are all REALLY GOOD, GREED!!! I'm super extremely jealous. I might need to creep along and steal your drawings as my own. Just kidding.

Lol, now I'll know who the culprit is! Thanks for the compliments!

I have been doodling and drawing at my free time ever since I was(I think) 3 or 4 years old. I always try to be better at my drawings, and I try to pour everything I can in my best ones. The problem is that I can't draw when I want to. You are going to laugh at this, but I only draw or doodle when my head tells me to, and I go and pick up a pencil and paper. My best works happen when I would randomly be reading or something, then say to myself: " Okay, I am going to draw now." My best works usually come from these experiences.... I have been breaking this habit though, and I draw the best at all times now. I usually draw with a pencil, and I would not make the best artist in the world.
The reason is because I have trouble visualizing what I draw. The truth is that I always try to pay attention to the present when drawing the picture and not the future. Meaning that I would not be thinking about how my picture is going to end up as.
I do not have a scanner yet, so I can't really show any images now. Although, there has been a rumor going on around my family, that we will be buying a scanner soon...:suspicious:

Yea I understand what you mean. My best drawings come from free-styling it, so I'm usually not looking at an image of what I'm drawing (unless it's really awesome!). One thing I have learned though is to look at the bigger picture when drawing. If you focus all your attention of the face, trying to make it look perfect, you'll realize it doesn't match the body. So try to see into the future of your picture when you can, but if you put everything you've got into it, like you said, it will come out amazing.

Good luck with getting a scanner! I hope to see your work soon!

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on in weeks, my computer crashed!:( We plan to get a new computer sometime next month; I'm getting very sick of this laptop, cant even right click!:mad: Anyways, just wanted to let you know I'm not dead, and I hope to talk to you guys soon!

Last edited:

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Some new material!

I drew this one yesterday. I was bored and did it quickly so not a lot of detail. (I was so tired I decided to make his right blade chopped off)

HPIM1490.jpgHPIM1491.jpg

This isn't a drawing, but I thought I'd show it off anyway. I made these for the annual anime convention in Rosemont, Illinois. This one didn't sell. I carved the wood and spray-painted the front. On the back, I drilled holes and screwed in the gripping rod. I did the same for the band that you slip your arm through. Finally, I fastened a chain on the top for wall hanging. These sold for $35 a piece, costing around $20 to make.

HPIM1496.jpgHPIM1481.jpg

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Ahh I like the sasori picture! And did you really make that shield? Pure awesome, Greed!

Thanks Mido! I appreciate the compliments! Anyway, here's a new one.

HPIM1495.jpg

It's Sasuke Uchiha! On a sidenote: I drew him with my rendition of his EMS (Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan), which hasn't officially been released. If you can't see it, just google image "Aperature Science Innovators", and you'll see the design.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Hmm, very good work, you're probably better than me, (a little) and mostly all talents can be upgraded (the only word I can think of) and if you keep drawing, you'll get better and better, i started drawing when I was 4, and i've been practicing ever since, i'm not perfect, but my art is. . .anyway you did an awsome job and I would love to see more of your ArtWork. . .

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Greed these are awesome. I so want to draw as good as you. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom