• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Sea is Hyrule and TERMINA?

Well, if termina is in the lost woods, there is no proof to support Termina being a alternate dimmension.

Except it isn't in the Lost Woods. You fall down a hole, go through all these wonky portals and twisted passages then you end up in the middle of a town in a clock tower despite having fallen so far down. Also the manual describes it as a parallel world. Link fell through a portal to that world, the portal is in the woods but Termina isn't.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Well, if termina is in the lost woods, there is no proof to support Termina being a alternate dimmension.

Termina is not in the Lost Woods. A portal which leads to Termina is found there, but the actual world of Termina is not connected physically to Hyrule. If Termina was in the Lost Woods, how is there a canyon, snowy mountain, an ocean and a major city there without anyone from Hyrule ever mentioning it? Why is there no location in Termina called the Lost Woods?

It's a widely known fact that Termina is a parallel dimension to Hyrule.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Termina is not in the Lost Woods. A portal which leads to Termina is found there, but the actual world of Termina is not connected physically to Hyrule. If Termina was in the Lost Woods, how is there a canyon, snowy mountain, an ocean and a major city there without anyone from Hyrule ever mentioning it? Why is there no location in Termina called the Lost Woods?

It's a widely known fact that Termina is a parallel dimension to Hyrule.

Its in the lost woods, meaning that, it is not exactly IN the woods, its OUTSIDE, and there is no portal to termina. It is a place in the range of hyrule.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Its in the lost woods, meaning that, it is not exactly IN the woods, its OUTSIDE, and there is no portal to termina. It is a place in the range of hyrule.

Have you ever played Majora's Mask? Have you ever read a single thing about the game? I'll walk you through it.

[video=youtube;2PsCgs8rVHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsCgs8rVHE[/video]

At 4:20 in that video you will see Link fall into the portal which connects Hyrule and Termina. At 9:20 you will see the "twisted passage" that Seth mentioned. Those two scenes were put there to show us Link travelling into the parallel dimension that the Majora's Mask instruction booklet itself describes Termina as.

Termina does not exist in the same dimension as Hyrule. The two places are totally seperate from each other. What happens in one does not affect what happens in the other. Yes, there is a portal to Termina in the Lost Woods (as shown in the first few minutes of Majora's Mask above), but that's it. Termina itself is not there, nor does it exist anywhere around Hyrule. It is a parallel dimension, a seperate reality. It does not take a great deal of intelligence to understand that and the evidence in-game and from official sources is so absoloute in the singular fact that Termina and Hyrule are completely and totally seperate from each other.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Have you ever played Majora's Mask? Have you ever read a single thing about the game? I'll walk you through it.

[video=youtube;2PsCgs8rVHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsCgs8rVHE[/video]

At 4:20 in that video you will see Link fall into the portal which connects Hyrule and Termina. At 9:20 you will see the "twisted passage" that Seth mentioned. Those two scenes were put there to show us Link travelling into the parallel dimension that the Majora's Mask instruction booklet itself describes Termina as.

Termina does not exist in the same dimension as Hyrule. The two places are totally seperate from each other. What happens in one does not affect what happens in the other. Yes, there is a portal to Termina in the Lost Woods (as shown in the first few minutes of Majora's Mask above), but that's it. Termina itself is not there, nor does it exist anywhere around Hyrule. It is a parallel dimension, a seperate reality. It does not take a great deal of intelligence to understand that and the evidence in-game and from official sources is so absoloute in the singular fact that Termina and Hyrule are completely and totally seperate from each other.

I have played the game. Lets not turn this into a flame war and leave it at this. Its a Portal-Sewer-Tree-Flying-Pikachu-asaurus.

Personally, I think Termina is to the West of Hyrule, and that the Kokiri Forest and Lost Woods (East) lead to Ordon and the Faron Woods (South) which in turn Leads to the Southern Swamp. This is just my opinion though, andI am not interested in debating whether or not Temina is an alternate dimension, as this fact is ultimately trivial. As for the Great Sea including Termina, I'm sure it does, but I don't know if it is part of the in-game map, as we don't know how far that map extends. Besides, I haven't played the game in a long time, so I don't remember the locations of a lot of landmarks that might indicate places from Termina.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
This is just my opinion though, andI am not interested in debating whether or not Temina is an alternate dimension, as this fact is ultimately trivial.

Sorry to be this pedantic but Termina being a parallel dimension is not trivial. It's very important for this specifc thread since it will help us determine if Termina could be affected by the flood that drowned Hyrule. The evidence that Termina is a parallel dimension is too overwhelming to ignore and since it is in no way physically linked with Hyrule, that means the flood would not have affected it.

For arguments sake, let's say it did. Then what? Termina is still a parallel dimension that has no physical connection to Hyrule. So The Great Sea that covers Hyrule would still not cover Termina as well. Termina would have its own parallel ocean. It would still be completely seperated from Hyrule and therefore The Great Sea.

Since you accept Termina being an alternate dimension is fact, I find it odd that your theory of the geography places it west of Hyrule.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Wait, back to the portal thing, what if the water went INTO the portal, hmm?

It still wouldn't matter. As I said, even if Termina was flooded (say, by the flood water entering the portal) and left under an ocean, that ocean would exist in a seperate dimension to Hyrule and by extension, The Great Sea seen in Wind Waker.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
So we've established that the Great Sea that covers Hyrule doesn't cover Termina. But wouldn't you think that because they're parallel worlds, in a way, that the same events that happened in Hyrule to cause the flood are more likely than not to happen in Termina as well? So the Great Sea doesn't cover Hyrule and Termina simultaneously, but another separate Great Sea may be present in Termina. Possible? I think yes. Remember, signs of the Triforce is seen in both worlds.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
So the Great Sea doesn't cover Hyrule and Termina simultaneously, but another separate Great Sea may be present in Termina. Possible? I think yes.

I would agree that it is possible. Like WechyPichu said, the flood water may have gone through the portal and that's sound reasoning as far as I can see. The Great Sea definately doesn't cover them both, but Termina may have its own equivalent.

Sorry to be this pedantic but Termina being a parallel dimension is not trivial. It's very important for this specifc thread since it will help us determine if Termina could be affected by the flood that drowned Hyrule. The evidence that Termina is a parallel dimension is too overwhelming to ignore and since it is in no way physically linked with Hyrule, that means the flood would not have affected it.

For arguments sake, let's say it did. Then what? Termina is still a parallel dimension that has no physical connection to Hyrule. So The Great Sea that covers Hyrule would still not cover Termina as well. Termina would have its own parallel ocean. It would still be completely seperated from Hyrule and therefore The Great Sea.

Since you accept Termina being an alternate dimension is fact, I find it odd that your theory of the geography places it west of Hyrule.
I have seen absolute no evidence for Termina being an alternate dimension. In fact, the whole theory makes no sense to me. What I menat by "this fact being trivial" is whether or not Termina is an alternate dimension is trivial, as it is clear that people can travel between the two places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom