• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Sea is Hyrule and TERMINA?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I considered yesterday, what else the postman thing could have meant. Even if Termina isn't under the ocean, there's a chance the people of Termina were still a part of the flood.

After all, Termina nearly all-out evacuated. Where did they evacuate to? Not many places to disappear to when the World's going to be destroyed.

Just a thought.

You act like they all knew about the portal between Termina and Hyrule. (And, once again, species differences.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I considered yesterday, what else the postman thing could have meant. Even if Termina isn't under the ocean, there's a chance the people of Termina were still a part of the flood.

After all, Termina nearly all-out evacuated. Where did they evacuate to? Not many places to disappear to when the World's going to be destroyed.

Just a thought.
I think it was just Clock Town that was going to be destroyed (not sure how much damage a moon moving at .5mph can do), but there still is the possibility of people stumbling upon Hyrule during the evacuation, or even while looking for a new place to live after their home was destroyed.

Fierce

Deity Link
The Postman and Tingle could have very well been related to those met in Termina without the alternate dimension being effected in the flood. Why? Because just as Link traveled between the dimentions, so could they.

Also it matters not, since without Link to save it in the Adult Timeline... Termina was destroyed by Majora's Mask via the GIANT ANGRY MOON. *Cough* I just felt caps were nessisary there. Also Majora's Mask most likely went on to destroy the rest of Terminia since I doubt he would have been satisfied with only destroying Clocktown. Note also, the Moon's gravity... which would have likely caused a giant flood of its own.

Termina doesn't exist in WW simply for those reasons, so any possibility of their interconnectedness is thrown out the window right there.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The Postman and Tingle could have very well been related to those met in Termina without the alternate dimension being effected in the flood. Why? Because just as Link traveled between the dimentions, so could they.

Also it matters not, since without Link to save it in the Adult Timeline... Termina was destroyed by Majora's Mask via the GIANT ANGRY MOON. *Cough* I just felt caps were nessisary there. Also Majora's Mask most likely went on to destroy the rest of Terminia since I doubt he would have been satisfied with only destroying Clocktown. Note also, the Moon's gravity... which would have likely caused a giant flood of its own.

Termina doesn't exist in WW simply for those reasons, so any possibility of their interconnectedness is thrown out the window right there.

Again, we don't actually know if Termina was destroyed or not.

Fierce

Deity Link
I think it's a safe assumption. Why else would it say... "Final Day" in Majora's Mask? Also have you seen the Gameover screen? If you don't think Terminia gets destroyed if you fail in MM... where's the sense of urgancy?

EDIT: In the Japanese version it also goes so far as to call it "Last Day". Which implies even further of the realm's impending demise. Last Day, aka Armageddon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think it's a safe assumption. Why else would it say... "Final Day" in Majora's Mask? Also have you seen the Gameover screen? If you don't think Terminia gets destroyed if you fail in MM... where's the sense of urgancy?

I'm saying we don't even know if the events took place. There's no evidence either way, therefore we can't say that it's fact. Different events took place in the "adult timeline" which causes different outcomes of things.

Fierce

Deity Link
I'm fairly certain the only thing that changes between the two timelines is the presence of the Hero of Time. I'm not sure what other events your theory is referring to...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'm fairly certain the only thing that changes between the two timelines is the presence of the Hero of Time. I'm not sure what other events your theory is referring to...

Dude, I'm saying it's not stated. I'm not stating any theory. All I'm saying is is that Ganondorf took over, which affected the Kokiri Forest, possibly causing some events not to happen. This is speculation and I'm definitely not saying that's what happened or that I necessarily agree with it, but I am saying that there's no way to prove that Termina was destroyed.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I've always wondered about that: is it really ever said that the woods Link travels through at the beginning of MM actually Kokiri Forest/Lost woods? The way he's running around with Epona it seems he's set for a much bigger expedition than the Hyrule forests have ever seemed to offer.

Also why would the events of Majora's mask not happen? The Happy Mask Store isn't open in OoT's future timeline, so its not like the guy would have stuck around, either way. Even if Link wasn't attacked, that doesn't mean the Happy Mask Salesman wasn't. Theory or no, stated or no, there are reasons to believe the people of Termina weren't as isolated from the rest of the World as is often assumed.

On another note: Nintendo make a point of gesturing vaguely at connections, making allusions and such. If they came out and said things clear-cut, they'd be digging themselves holes later, when they decide to change things up and add new games. The postman ancestor quote is a pretty good indication of this.

Dude, I'm saying it's not stated. I'm not stating any theory. All I'm saying is is that Ganondorf took over, which affected the Kokiri Forest, possibly causing some events not to happen. This is speculation and I'm definitely not saying that's what happened or that I necessarily agree with it, but I am saying that there's no way to prove that Termina was destroyed.

I see what you try to do, but because of the events in ocarina if time it is save to say termina is destroyed (But the skull kid mentioned that you smell like the kid that tought him some song in the woods and i remember learning sarias song to some skull kid which could possibly the same kid and i am not sure if he was at the same spot when link is an adult)
And the owl said that termina was destined to dissapear.
but what we can discuss in this is where did the people flee to? it is possible that the happy mask salesman saved people via the clock tower or other knew about this escape to another world.
meaning that termina is destroyed and thus majora also destroyed itself.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I see what you try to do, but because of the events in ocarina if time it is save to say termina is destroyed (But the skull kid mentioned that you smell like the kid that tought him some song in the woods and i remember learning sarias song to some skull kid which could possibly the same kid and i am not sure if he was at the same spot when link is an adult)
And the owl said that termina was destined to dissapear.
but what we can discuss in this is where did the people flee to? it is possible that the happy mask salesman saved people via the clock tower or other knew about this escape to another world.
meaning that termina is destroyed and thus majora also destroyed itself.

Who says they escaped at all? You act like all people in Termina were aware of Hyrule.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Ok, so I just had this idea that the Great Sea in Wind Waker may be a flooded hyrule+Termina, why do i say so? well, here the evidence I've found.

Tingle, who comes from Termina, appears at the great sea

The Postal system, who excisted in Termina, but not hyrule, is present at the Great sea

The post sorter Rito dude is a descendant of the postman from Termina

In the Nintendo Gallery, two masks from Termina is behind the figurine maker.

So that's the evidence I have, do you have anything to add? Have you found evidence against or for my theory? Am I completely out of my mind?

Discuss!

We also see Anju who looks just like the Cucoo Lady, and Gormon who looks like Ingo. Just because we see lookalikes means nothing. We also see Tingle in Oracle of Ages and in Four Swords; that would suggest that there are multiple Tingle's.

A postal system could have developed anytime in Hyrule during a few thousand years, that is a weak connection.

That third one is vague but may hold a candle since Nintendo never really explained this properly.

We call that a cameo.

It is known that Termina and Hyrule are seperate dimensions; however, it is possible for people of the separate dimensions to travel to other spots at will so there are chances certain inhabitants traveled over. This theory is still liquid.

Who says they escaped at all? You act like all people in Termina were aware of Hyrule.

We dont know about that.
we only know that the skull kid did know because he is originally from termina but recided in hyrule (the lost woods) for a while..
The other possibility of their escape is that the happy mask salesman helped them and thus made them aware of hyrule or at least the way between dimensions.

Fierce

Deity Link
I think for the most part we can agree -

-Termina is destroyed in the Adult Timeline (aka WW) as well due to the absence of Link.
-The references to MM in WW are loose, Cameo in nature.
-There are multiple Tingles.
-Terminians could have traveled to Hyrule during the Great Moon Fall, perhaps allowing the Postman to be decended.

HOWEVER! He is not! Because without Link's help... the Postman would have died with Clocktown if you recall correctly. Due to a certain obligation to his duties... Therefore, while it is possible the Postman may have had a child we are unaware of... it is highly unlikely given just the facts we DO know in MM.

That being said, I think we've refuted the original post seeing as how the two realms are alternate dimentions and therefore could not coexist in the same sea.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Working on the tingle problem here, why is it not possible for there to be a tingle that originated in Hyrule? Flip around the view here, think of you starting in Termina and then going through a portal to Hyrule. It's an alternate dimension right? So why can't there be a Tingle from Hyrule, like Anju in Kakariko AND Clock Town, like Kaepora Gaebora?

And as to the postman issue, we no absolutely nothing about the lifespan of the Rito. Three generations there might possibly be just 30 years. We can't assume to much here. The Rito run a HUGE postal system. Why isn't it possible that the Rito postman (Quill?) could have a Rito grandfather who was a postman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom