• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Sea Geography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only played phantom hourglass once, so I am not super familiar with the map. I was wondering if anyone has any theories about how the Windwaker map relates to the phantom hourglass map. Are they nearby? Do they overlap at all? Do any canonical locations appear in the PH map as they do in WW (e.g. spectacle rock, death mountain, forest haven). Do we have any evidence at all to support answers to any of these questions?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Why would PH's map match WW's map? Link and Tetra were off looking for a new Hyrule to found, and departed from the remnants of Old Hyrule to do so. Even not considering that, the place Link wound up after encountering the ghost ship was Oshus's domain, a completely different stretch to wherever Tetra's crew were still sailing, judging from the ending interaction.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
PH takes place right next to the Great Sea.
Nintendo Dream: Link's sister doesn't appear in this game, does she?

Hidemaro Fujibayashi: No, she doesn't. She probably stayed home in The Wind Waker's Outset Island.

Nintendo Dream: How far from The Wind Waker's sea does this game take place?

Hidemaro Fujibayashi: Right next to it.

Nintendo Dream: Is it that close?!

Hidemaro Fujibayashi: Well, it takes place during their journey after leaving the waters of The Wind Waker.

Eiji Aonuma: We can have an unlimited number of stories in the Zelda series. A new adventure may be waiting for them if they just wander into the sea next to the one they're sailing (laughs).
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php

They've left the waters of WW, so there isn't any overlap.

And...that answers the question to the point that I don't see any reason for further discussion, so I'm going to go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom