• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vote count hasn't changed; not gonna repost it.
As the first day comes to a close, the town looks around in confusion, unsure what to do, who to look for. A couple of them point to Pendio, and with heavy hearts, they string him up in the rafters of the throne of the now-dead king, hoping for... something. Anything to tell them what was happening.
It is at this point where they turn to me, looking for answers, only to learn that the lynchee was innocent - a mere Courtier, loyal to the end of his days.
The rest of the scene will come in a bit. I just looked at the numbers and have to discuss with people. But yeah, @Pendio you're dead either way. Sorry bro.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Okay, I talked to a few people, figured out what I'm gonna do, Pen, only death right now, taking away the mafia kill to avoid Day 2 LyLo :P
The game will continue to remain on hold, however, for the next 24 hours, so I can give time for the loyalist to make their choice.
So, uh

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think it's really a surprise that Pendio flipped town with the way the voting went. He had the majority of the votes for a long time, and if he had been scum then I think there would have definitely been some more discussion happening to try and save him. I'm actually surprised he didn't make a tie to try and save himself. With his flip, and mafia not having a kill, there's still not really a whole lot to go off of, so this day is going to be just as difficult as day 1.

Hard to analyze the wagons when barely anyone voted. Mido just kept his RVS on Pendio so I don't think there's anything to analyze there. Libk voted for Pendio with conviction, and he stayed fixated on Pendio for the rest of the day. I have a hard time believing scum would go after a townie so aggressively when the rest of the thread is dead. Leaning town on Libk for now.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hard to analyze the wagons when barely anyone voted. Mido just kept his RVS on Pendio so I don't think there's anything to analyze there. Libk voted for Pendio with conviction, and he stayed fixated on Pendio for the rest of the day. I have a hard time believing scum would go after a townie so aggressively when the rest of the thread is dead. Leaning town on Libk for now.

Mido didn't take his vote off tho, even when Pendio dying was impending. I think there's something to be said for RVing someone and not taking that away. It's generally an easy lynch for scum to do that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mido didn't take his vote off tho, even when Pendio dying was impending. I think there's something to be said for RVing someone and not taking that away. It's generally an easy lynch for scum to do that.
This, especially since Mido was around at the end of the day (I mean he did make the day's final post). I'm generally a fan of removing RVS votes once RVS is over. Reading his last post, I can't tell if he found Pendio suspicious or not, but it doesn't look like it. And Mido's post came after Libk pointed out that he never unvoted and Deku had changed the tally. I think there could definitely be something to say about Mido's vote.

As for Libk, I previously had a town lean on him for being the first person to make a real effort to escape from the RVS phase, and I still standby that. Reading through his posts, he hasn't given me any reason to suspect him, and his vote on Pendio seemed genuine.

Jamie and Minish are also looking good to me for being so active, although I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable about how actively Jamie was defending himself and Pendio for their votes on Bok. I had a town lean on him before, but I'm not sure what to think now. Also, Jamie was pretty open about what he'd do if he was the General, which originally gave me a town lean, but upon thinking about it further, Jamie could go either way for me.

As for the other players, well to be honest, nobody else is really posting. Bok's posts are mostly fluff, aside from reacting to RVS posts and one serious post; Minish is the only one I have a good read on, as she has a town lean for me atm. That leaves Johnny and Alit. Johnny has made two serious posts, and I'm not sure what to think. It would be hypocritical for me to say anything about inactivity seeing as he has only one less post in this game than myself before this one.

I actually want to look at Alit. I don't like how he dismissed Mido's RVS on Pendio, there was plenty of time for Mido to have removed it as has already been pointed out, and Alit himself actually also kept his RVS vote on throughout day's end. Although, in all fairness, he did completely disappear for most of day 1, so... but that brings me to my next point, that while I'm also inactive, I'm trying to contribute as much as possible in my few posts. Laying back like this matches Alit's scum play, and I'm going to keep my eye on him from now on. Same with Mido.

So ya, that's where I stand. Leaning town on Libk and Minish, slight town lean though slightly wary of Jamie, neutral on Bok and Johnny, and slightly leaning scum on Mido and Alit.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why wouldn't I defend my own votes?

Mido

Version 1
Yeah, I'm not going to deny that I effed up here in hindsight. I had a slight town lean on Pendio as well, but part of me didn't want to leave the Lynch to chance since my vote removal would have done so. Still, the fact my read on Pendio was as it was leaves me kicking myself in the shins for that smart move. :|

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Why wouldn't I defend my own votes?
Defending your own votes in itself isn't scummy, it's the way you went about doing it, continually questioning how your RVS votes may be considered suspect. I didn't personally find your votes scummy, but I could see where people were coming from when they did. Not so much yours, but Pendio's for sure, yet you continued to question how it was scummy. If you were scum, you would know that Pendio wasn't, and it would be good for you to defend him so actively. Like I said though, I still have a town lean on you, I just want to look at all the possibilities and keep all the windows open.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Defending your own votes in itself isn't scummy, it's the way you went about doing it, continually questioning how your RVS votes may be considered suspect. I didn't personally find your votes scummy, but I could see where people were coming from when they did. Not so much yours, but Pendio's for sure, yet you continued to question how it was scummy. If you were scum, you would know that Pendio wasn't, and it would be good for you to defend him so actively. Like I said though, I still have a town lean on you, I just want to look at all the possibilities and keep all the windows open.
What? I responded to it only when it first happened or as a response to other relevant information. I didn't continue to question anything, I questioned a normal amount of time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What? I responded to it only when it first happened or as a response to other relevant information. I didn't continue to question anything, I questioned a normal amount of time.
You first questioned a vote against Pendio by Libk, then you later questioned Johnny for just bringing it up and not actually voting. I agreed that your votes weren't suspicious to me personally, but as a whole I'd say the suspicion was valid, if weak (and, at least in the case of Pendio, wrong). I know you hate Day 1, but Day 1 can be just as important as any other day. And, I mean, maybe you put Bok at L-1 accidentally, but what if you accidentally hammered him because you weren't paying attention to the votes? Would the suspicion then be valid? How would it be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom