• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I feel like imma be lynched soon now lmao

Haha. To be honest, you are one of the top people I think a lot of others might choose if they were General, which would put you in the most likely people category. It just depends on how we think the General chose the others. The only other strategy of choosing who to lynch would be for all of use to post who we would have chosen if we were General. However, three of those would be (possibly) false, and the mafia could coordinate who to put on their list to get a townie lynched.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Haha. To be honest, you are one of the top people I think a lot of others might choose if they were General, which would put you in the most likely people category. It just depends on how we think the General chose the others. The only other strategy of choosing who to lynch would be for all of use to post who we would have chosen if we were General. However, three of those would be (possibly) false, and the mafia could coordinate who to put on their list to get a townie lynched.
If I were a General, I'd probably pick one person I want to work with and one complete random. That way there's a good chance that, especially if I got lynched and the other guy did too, people would be lynching players based on their relationship to me, even if there were none. The relationship factor is what, imo, makes this game better in a tight community. Knowing that say, I (and probably you as well lol) am one of the biggest targets to be picked by the General, if I was General I would possibly not pick myself (if that makes sense).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If I were a General, I'd probably pick one person I want to work with and one complete random. That way there's a good chance that, especially if I got lynched and the other guy did too, people would be lynching players based on their relationship to me, even if there were none. The relationship factor is what, imo, makes this game better in a tight community. Knowing that say, I (and probably you as well lol) am one of the biggest targets to be picked by the General, if I was General I would possibly not pick myself (if that makes sense).

That makes sense. I did think that the General might choose one person that would be likely, and the other would be one of the inbetween people. Which in that case, we could still try to figure out who everyone would be most likely to choose sense we don't have anything to go off of right now. The other person might be a bit easier to figure out once the game has picked up more, and we can possibly find more evidence.

Either way, this is going to be kind of a random lynch, but I think it's better to try to go with some sort of strategy, then just voting randomly. While you're high on the list of people that I think most others would choose, I do think there is one other person that's also really likely to be chosen, but a little more under the radar than you.

Jamie

That makes sense. I did think that the General might choose one person that would be likely, and the other would be one of the inbetween people. Which in that case, we could still try to figure out who everyone would be most likely to choose sense we don't have anything to go off of right now. The other person might be a bit easier to figure out once the game has picked up more, and we can possibly find more evidence.

Either way, this is going to be kind of a random lynch, but I think it's better to try to go with some sort of strategy, then just voting randomly. While you're high on the list of people that I think most others would choose, I do think there is one other person that's also really likely to be chosen, but a little more under the radar than you.
Can you say who that is, and why you think that?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Can you say who that is, and why you think that?

Sure, but this is based off of the limited amount of games I've played, so maybe others who know people's play styles better would disagree with me. Tristan is who I was thinking of. He does pretty well as scum, and can be a really good player, but I don't think he sticks out as much as you. You both contribute a lot, but I feel like your approach is more aggressive and his is more laid-back.

However, I haven't seen some people play as scum yet, so maybe there are other people like that as well.

Jamie

Sure, but this is based off of the limited amount of games I've played, so maybe others who know people's play styles better would disagree with me. Tristan is who I was thinking of. He does pretty well as scum, and can be a really good player, but I don't think he sticks out as much as you. You both contribute a lot, but I feel like your approach is more aggressive and his is more laid-back.

However, I haven't seen some people play as scum yet, so maybe there are other people like that as well.
I agree, Tristan would be near the top of my list of players to take. I'd personally consider taking you as well but I'm not sure if others would because you are newer.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I agree, Tristan would be near the top of my list of players to take. I'd personally consider taking you as well but I'm not sure if others would because you are newer.

The people playing this game definitely makes it hard to figureout the General's strategy because there are good reasons why every single person might be picked. I also think most of us would have similar lists for who others would think we would be most likely and least likely to choose.

Jamie

The people playing this game definitely makes it hard to figureout the General's strategy because there are good reasons why every single person might be picked. I also think most of us would have similar lists for who others would think we would be most likely and least likely to choose.
Which is a classic WIFOM situation unfortunately. There's no reason why someone like me or you wouldn't go completely against the grain so that our scum buds go under the radar.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Which is a classic WIFOM situation unfortunately. There's no reason why someone like me or you wouldn't go completely against the grain so that our scum buds go under the radar.

True. It's looking like this will end up having to be a random vote, since it's hard to come up with a good strategy and there's not a whole lot of discussion going on. Hopefully more people will post before end of day, and maybe there will be something better to go off of then.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The set-up of this game makes day 1 a little more difficult than normal. We have to lynch someone, but with fewer people and the types of roles we need to be careful about it. Seeing as day 1 is usually more laidback and we don't have much to go off of, I think it may be best to use the set-up to try and come up with a strategy. The problem is trying to figure out if the General would choose people we would most expect, least expect, or if they would go for the ones inbetween those two groups. This game is about expectations, so we need to look at people individually to try and guess which way they would choose the other two if they were the General. Maybe we should all go through the list of players and think of who each person might choose. If there's one person that shows up in a majority of the potential choices, they might be a good person to vote for.

What do you guys think? If anyone can think of a better plan, then I'm definitely open to hearing it. I just think it's better use the set-up to our advantage and try to come up with a strategy than to random lynch.

Unfortunately I don't think this helps us out much. What's to stop the actual General from picking falsely or performing a white flag gambit? Overall it's most speculation and it could just as easily lead to a mislynch.

I'm inclined to vote Pendio right now. Jamie's unvote is a little suspect, but Pendio immediately after raises some red flags. Wanna see if he'll post some more too.

Unvote

For now

Jamie

Unfortunately I don't think this helps us out much. What's to stop the actual General from picking falsely or performing a white flag gambit? Overall it's most speculation and it could just as easily lead to a mislynch.

I'm inclined to vote Pendio right now. Jamie's unvote is a little suspect, but Pendio immediately after raises some red flags. Wanna see if he'll post some more too.

Unvote

For now
How is my unvote suspect, or Pendios? Bok expressed concern about being L-1 and so I unvoted so someone couldn't hammer him. This is such weird logic.

Also, I don't really like how I'm still a top rvs target here. Like if I get lynched day 1 as one of the few people being active that is really upsetting and just proves my point that it's best to not say anything on day 1.

D

Deleted member 14134

Unvote

It's really hard for me to say who I would pick since I haven't played much with any of you guys. Pendio played scum pretty good last game and from what you guys have said Midos had quite abit of experience playing scum. I don't think I've ever played a game where Alit, Johnny, Libk or Minish Link have been scum so it's tough for me to say.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Jamie and Minish have both been quite active, which I like. With Minish being the first person to really bring up a decent way to use the set up to our advantage, I'm inclined to think she's town. I have a town lean now on Jamie as well, since I don't see scum so openly saying who they'd pick if they were scum, although I wouldn't put it past Jamie. And regarding Pendio, I don't find his unvote to be really suspicious, but if it was between him and Jamie, I'd pick the former. Looking back, I can see how his unvote may look suspicious to people, even if it doesn't to me.

Deku is totes scum af though.

Mido

Version 1
If anything, what stood out to me in the Bok-Pendio-Jamie chain was Bok's reaction to the votes themselves. At first glance, I considered it potentially an overreaction to a series of RVS votes; however, I'd imagine a town player being more concerned about it that mafia as the latter would assumingly take care in not losing his/her cool.

I sort of see where the concerns about Pendio stem from as well, but I find it difficult to wage his intention on his latest vote. It's likely a joke though, but at worst an opportunity to oust a strong town player if said player is town. I apologize for being all over the place with this post; I've just been in a bit of a rut lately.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Pendio (2): Libk, Mido
Jamie (1): Pendio
Bok of the Wild (1): A Link in Time
Not Voting (5): Tristan, Minish_Link, Jamie, Johnny Sooshi, Bok of the Wild

Day 1 ends at 8pm PST on Thursday, February 23, 2017. With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom