• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Great Bay/Stone Tower Temple

Majora's Cat

How about that
While many agree that OoT was probably the greatest game of all time, Majora's Mask was still pretty darn cool. One of its strongest elements was the great dungeon structure. Here are two great examples - the Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple. These perhaps represent why should not be overlooked - both were some of the greatest dungeons I have ever played. Everything was absolutely amazing. The music for Great Bay Temple was arguably the best in the game, while the music for Stone Tower was also perhaps one of the most memorable melodies in any Zelda game. Great Bay had the most difficult boss battle, the coolest music and was the most atmospheric temple for me. Stone Tower was even better. With the ability to turn the whole temple upside-down, Stone Tower was definitely the coolest. Plus, it helps that it has arguably the best design of any previous dungeon in any Zelda game. It was huge and confusing - just completely epic. Majora's Mask has a lot to offer in terms of dungeons, so those who do not own MM should seriously consider purchasing it. For those of you who do own MM, how did you like Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple?

Master

Upcoming
The Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask was , like any other water temples in Zelda games , long and confusing . But I Believe it was a well planned out Dungeon .

As for the Stone Tower Temple , it was the hardest Labyrinth I ever came across . You had to use all of the mask and equipment yu have collected . I also think that they also had a nice structure for a dungeon . I think they stepped it up a level with the "Upside-down" part of the dungeon . It was nice to see the dungeon in a different perspective .

I Believe that Majora's Mask didn't deserve the attention it got . People should appreciate Majora's Mask more.........

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Oh man, I LOVE the Stone Tower Temple. So hard, but with the coolest idea I've ever seen for a dungeon. The Great Bay Temple is cool, but it's not really one of my favorites. I do like the idea of the temple being controlled based on the flow of water, though.

S

Sage Raziel

The Stone Tower Temple was really cool. I thought it was neat that I could create statues of myself, turn the temple upside-down, and fight the boss as a giant. It definitely sticks out as a unique dungeon like no other seen before nor since. As for the Great Bay Temple...I thought it was well planned. I certainly remember the several days I was stuck in there! If you liked hard dungeons the Great Bay Temple is for you. Personally I didn't like it that well. But I do respect it for it's maddening design, and clever use of currents. Oddly enough for me though, I think I liked the Woodfall Temple best. Go figure; I liked the easiest dungeon in the game. X_x

I think I have a thing for forest-like dungeons though...In Ocarina of Time the Forest Temple is my favorite, so I guess I like Woodfall because it is the "forest dungeon" of Majora's Mask.

~Sage Raziel

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, the GBT having the best music is opinion, and I found it quite bad. STT dungeon music was much better. I don't know why, but I found the GBT pretty easy, and STT was much more challenging. I agree with you that the GBT did have the hardest Temple boss. And STT was very creative with the flip thing.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Great Bay Temple is pretty neat as far as concept goes, and its design and music is amazing. However It is not one of my favorite Zelda dungeons. I find it to be stale and a little tedious especially after doing it so many times. I do agree that Gyorg is a very neat and challenging fight though.

Stone Tower Temple and the whole Ikana Valley is my favorite part of MM. It has so much story, and the design and music instantly pull your emotions into how the land should feel. The Temple it self is incredible as far as designs, puzzles and difficulty. It is a lot of fun and one of my favorite Dungeons in the entire series.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
After just finishing the game, I can say that I found Stone Tower Temple to be the best Zelda Dungeon ever made. The design of it is just incredible...awe-inspiring, really. I really loved the idea of turning the temple upside down and if you slip up you "fall" into the sky. Seeing the sky as a floor was really cool for me because I played through it mostly at night and it looked incredible.

Great Bay temple is also great. I guess it's kind of the "water temple" of Majora's Mask (if not then stone tower is) as I found it to be kinda hard in some areas (although the guide on this website was very, very helpful at times). Still, the overall design of GB Temple is fantastic. Plus, I love the dungeon music for Great Bay Temple. It fits so well into the dungeon, fitting with the temple's soulless, desolate atmosphere very well.

Majora's Cat

How about that
BTW, Great Bay Temple is not all that it seems. If you fire ice arrows into the water and keep doing so, jumping from ice block to ice block, you will find that Great Bay Temple is really not much bigger than Link. I did it mahself - it was tiny!

initialDable

going deku
The first time I played through MM I thought Great Bay was too hard and actually tried to skip it. I think that Great Bay Temple is hard and confusing.
Stone Tower was cool. The right-side-up version in my opinion was harder than up-side-down. The up-side-down was quite linear. Gyorg is a pretty tough boss. Twinmold was alright but be could better.

Now I've become so good at Zelda games that practically breeze through this game.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Great Bay Temple is definitely the best water-designed dungeon in the series. It's not confusing and multi-layered, and the objective is simple: turn on all the water pipes. Overall, it was a nicely designed dungeon.

The Stone Tower Temple is one of my favorite dungeons of all time. It was fun, creative, puzzling, and challenging, everything that a Zelda dungeon should be. The upside-down part was very creative. I really liked how it made use of all the transformation masks, not just one. Overall, a fantastic dungeon.

Stone Tower is my favorite dungeon of all time. (and only one other dungeon even comes close to how much I like it: the Earth Temple from WW) Stone Tower is brilliant in design and layout, confusing and challenging enough to keep you checking how much time you have left as you wonder through it's many rooms, and big enough to be two dungeons in one. Also the music is epic. Stone Tower is perfect.

Great Bay was the one I always hated as a child, because I ALWAYS got lost in it. It's like the ice level in ALttP, I can't go through it without getting lost at least once. But now that I'm older I respect this about it.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Those temples were pretty hard! But I only found the great bay temple puzzles...rather easy. But yet the bosses were a bit of a challenge...I'm not even gonna talk about stone tower....so awesome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom