• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gravitating to books

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I kinda want to know what books everyone here tends to gravitate to, what you read most of.

For me it's mix of horror and fantasy these days as they seem to be better written than westerns or so it seems to me. For some reason i cannot stand westerns or sci-fi-esque novels anymore and i never could stand to read romances ^^.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Never really been a book person. Can hardly find any books that interest me, though have a few on my "bucket list" I want to get through in my life; the bible and the art of war. Started but never finished either on multiple occasions. Use to really be into manga before growing out of that. I guess I'd go for books about the supernatural. Whether real of fake they're just believable and fun enough to keep me interested.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I never read fiction, I always look at nonfiction books whether it's about pets, wildlife, countries, biographies, planets, weather, anything of that sort, nonfiction is what I've always gravitated to

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've never been very into reading books. The only books I ever read growing up were ones that were assigned to me for school. Nowadays the only books I read are manga.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I got nothing against fiction but I am extremely particular when it comes to books. I will read conceivably anything, regardless of author or genre, but the slightest thing can turn me off to a story. As such, I have abandoned more books than I have ever completed and I will generally go through over a dozen books before stumbling upon one I really get in to.

Ninja

Well well well
I love self improvement and financial inspiration books. We’re currently reading What to Expect When You’re Expecting, which gives a lot of detail and answers a lot of questions about pregnancy since my wife is pregnant. Super awesome.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Oh I love YA novels. I was very depersonalized and deeply depressed during high school so it feels good for me to kind of 'take back' my missing high school years through various forms of art. Harry Potter was a huge thing for me growing up, but mostly Swedish books have some very good YA stuff in it, particularly the Engelsfors trilogy

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I tend to read mostly drama novels, horror novels, and theatre scripts these days, but tend to gravitate towards themes rather than genres. I read a lot of novels that are LGBTQIA+ themed and have a... fondness (?) for themes like depression, suicide, dealing with childhood trauma, and general coming of age themes. Those seem to be the ones I tend to connect to the best if the main character is dealing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom