• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics

Yes, I'm aware that there are several threads about the graphics, but this one is different because it is not denoucing them. Post below what you acctually like about the graphics/art style.

I like how it doesn't make people sad. Like, happieness is not contageos unless you use laughter, but Sorrow and Anger is always contageouse, so this style can do what TP could do, except it shows no anger or sorrow, which makes people happier when they play it.I also love how you can see brush strokes in some places. At first, when I heard this game was soposed to be a portrait, I was confused. The art style looked nothing like that until I payed attention to detail.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I dunno why this is but things with a function always seem prettier/ better than art with out it. For example: bridges are some of the coolest looking things around (imo) and I think that is because of a preconception I have about bridges. I think a trend of photographs taken in derelict back alleys have a similar idea behind them.

From the get go we've pretty much known that the graphics are serving a specific function (to enhance game play) and that makes them really cool for me because I know what they will do for the game. But even in general stuff just looks awesome.
8399-rvl_zeldass_04ss04_e3.png

Just look at that! :clap:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
the graphics themselves seem to help expand the games areas. This should be a really in depth game if I am reading the signs right. It looks like WW without that big blue nothingness they call the ocean. And so I can't really say anything negative about the graphics because they serve to create a game that outdoes every previous 3D Zelda. However I was hoping Link's hair would be even more defined than in TP but alas the art style does not permit fine detail for such things... on the other hand there should be tons of characters to meet, like in WW but more. I think that the graphics help in that it's easier to make npc's and that they don't take up 2 much space in the game. Hopefully they give us lots of relevant characters =)

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
I like the graphics. A lot. The first time I saw them, I really didn't like them. But, they've started to grow on me. It's bright, and colourful; the world feels alive.

W

WeeGeeTime

I love not only how the graphics look great on the system, but also how they allow many different things. For example, the graphic style permits the characters in the story to be a bit more exaggerated than realistic, which permits a lot of different styles for the NPCs and environment. The art style has to match how the game is played, and I think the graphics fit it very well.

only reason I WAS disapointed was because I expected something completely different.
looking forward to this game! :)

T

Tily

Well... the graphics do disappoint me, I won't lie, but if I were to try to think of a pro for them, it would be that there would be almost no blurry textures due to the simple art style and it would take so much less memory leaving room for a massive overworld like WindWaker had.

L

LinkRoxas

I liked the Skyward graphics because I think they were trying to add combined the Twilight Princess and Wind Waker graphics together. BUT, they could of improve it.

B

Blizzard78

I wasn't expecting cel-shading to be in SS. But I think it's pretty cool that there combining the graphics for TWW and TP. But SS is still in progress, so the graphics may change over time. So I'm basically fine with the graphics.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Everything. They are classy, bold, bright, rich and unctuous (in a good way), smooth, and very timeless.

Except the treeeeeeeees!!!!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I love how it's not realistic, yet still has elements from TP in it. That and how it incorporates cel-shaded graphics is awesome since WW has my favourite graphics in a Zelda game yet. Plus, it's different from previous titles which helps put the graphics/game out there even more.
And people complain about the trees and how awful they look. Sure, they're not the best, but TP trees were the same way.

ZRetsirk

MUWAHAHA!! ß ) ∑ Π []
i think it looks good, and to make them actually change their expression WHILE they are talking is even better. i like it when they do that. but it needs to be a good transition.

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
The concept art graphics would have been better, but these are ok, too. it will be interesting to see what zelda looks like in these graphics. (and, depending on the quality of the game, possibly ganon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom