• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

• I Prefer The Graphics Used In TP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Prefer The Graphics Being Used In SS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depends on how you look at it. If you want a realistic Zelda, you'd like TP. If you like more color in your adventure, why not love the painterly style of SS? I think both contrast too greatly to be compared. TP had beautiful graphics that rival many Wii games made now, particularly the ones that go for a more realistic feel. SS seems much more fluid and alive, but I don't feel qualified to judge its graphics quite yet. Much polish was needed in June and I believe it may surpass TP, graphically after a year's worth of development time past what was already shown.

To be honest, I think the E3 graphics of SS already look better than TP. They just aren't on Wii level yet.
That said, I read an interview with Eiji Aonuma in a dutch magazine called Ngamer, in which he said the graphics still weren't completely final, but the reactions at E3 were positive enough so don't expect major changes. He also said they aren't finished working on the quality of the graphics, and that the E3 build lacked almost all of the effects and lighting etc which will give the game it's 'wow'-effect.
Nintendo knows what they're doing. After Super Mario Galaxy I have complete trust in them.

jelojuice

Raging Homosapien
Pretty Colors...

I like SS more, TP was just a tad too dark for my taste and SS looks brighter and more vibrant. And of course each Zelda game has it's own unique flare to it, so it definitely depends on what you are looking for. :]

Overall what I am trying to get at is that there are different types of graphics. Pure, raw technical power, and the style of the game. I can't determine who wins in the style department because I don't know enough about Skyward Sword. However, in the tech department TP wins... So far anyway. I will wait till the game is released to make my final verdict.

I disagree, the TP models were just flat images on top of polygons. Skyward Sword has the models made from polygons, not flat images. There was a video that showed what im saying but I cant find it.

The first time I saw Skyward Sword's graphical style, I was like:
"W-what...were they thinking?"
But, now that I've seen it so much, I actually like them more than Twilight Princess. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that "I'm getting used to the graphics," I'm saying the more I learn about Skyward Sword, the story, I decided that the graphical style was the right choice for this story.

O

OcarinaMaiden

I like how intense TP is! I hate the sunny animation :mad: I don't like defeating bosses that are so cute and soft-looking! In WW, I felt bad even if the bosses were kicking my *** DX

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like both the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess art styles. I think that Miyamoto-sensei was right when he said SS is going to be like "a painting that came to life." I think Twilight Princess is a little too dark; I like it, but it's dark.

T

TheDrunkZora

SS is much brighter, and I enjoy how they kind of mixed WW and TP a bit. It's more TP's detail, but slightly cell shaded like WW. A lot of the effects look similar to WW as well. It's very fun. I would hope that they find Zora's somewhere in this game if they ever set foot on some solid ground. I'd like to see what they look like.

I like how intense TP is! I hate the sunny animation :mad: I don't like defeating bosses that are so cute and soft-looking! In WW, I felt bad even if the bosses were kicking my *** DX

You dont want cute bosses? Honestly, even if the TP bosses don't look cute, i could still hug them. They wont do anything worse than a fourth of a heart. (They looked so B.A. though, xD)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I like the graphics in both, but TP was just very dark pretty much all of the time and I prefer the lightness and the clouds graphics in what we have seen of Skyward Sword so far. I think the trees also look a lot better, like NA said. And some of the backgrounds in TP were dissapointing so hopefully SS will improve on that, technology has advanced since TP was released so I am expecting big improvements for SS. But from what I have seen SS graphics look very well done and I prefer them to TP. But I don't like many aspects of TP anyway so SS should hopefully be a great game! The graphics for the clouds look definitely well done.

I liked graphic in both Twilight Princess and in Skyward Sword, but in Twilight Princess it was too dark. In Skyward Sword it's too bright. Everyone has their own opinion on what is better and what just sucks in general. Like I liked Twilight Princess graphic's more than Skyward Sword because it was easier on my eyes, and a lot more fun to play when the house has no light coming in. Its just a lot easier. But now I'm going to have the opposite effect on my eyes with Skyward Sword. I'll just have to make my TV resolution brightness go down a lot.

Graphics in S.S

I looked at the screen shots a couple of days ago and i notest that the grapics were worst then TP why is this?????

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Agreed, Azure. I thought they were much better. Either that, or the polygons are just harder to see due to Cel-Shading.
In any case, graphics are not a factor as opposed to gameplay, imo.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
This game is obviously going to be more thought out and polished than TP. TP was a fan service game, SS is going to be made to change up Zelda for the good, and not only because of the fans.
Graphics don't matter. Gameplay does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom