• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics of Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
The TP/TWW style isn't what I was hoping for, but I do like how the game is brighter and more colourful than TP. I will say that I like how the area's look. Link could look better...but I'm fine with whatever. The enemies look interesting, though.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'm actually joyful that Nintendo had decided to go this route. By using the art style of TP mixed with the cel shaded graphics of Wind Waker, we get a Zelda title that reminiscence to titles of old, such as Ocarina of Time which had a very bright color palette for a game based around adventure. This already tells us that the game is meant to hearken back to the olden days when Zelda was much brighter.

I'm actually joyful that Nintendo had decided to go this route. By using the art style of TP mixed with the cel shaded graphics of Wind Waker, we get a Zelda title that reminiscence to titles of old, such as Ocarina of Time which had a very bright color palette for a game based around adventure. This already tells us that the game is meant to hearken back to the olden days when Zelda was much brighter.
Exactly. While Ocarina of Time was not cel-shaded, it had an almost identical kind of style and atmosphere. Very anime-like. This game uses cel-shading to enhance an anime look. I totally dig it. :3

L

Legendary Dude

I liked the Cel-shaped graphics on the Wind Waker, but this one would probally be better with Twilight Princess's graphics.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really loved what I saw! I personally loved the WW style and I also loved TP graphics. I think this is just excellent. It is brighter and it won't harm the fun of playing the game. I just can't wait till it is released

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I for one LOVED the graphics. It was bright and cheerful and something about it just made me feel really good. I never understood why people complained about WW's graphics to be honest, and this looks even better than WW did since they combined in elements of realism. I can't wait to see some of the other scenery in the game since right now it already looks drop dead gorgeous to me.

I don't see why that would make you think they aren't permanent. Miyamoto was basically describing exactly what we saw in the Skyward Sword trailer. He showed us a game with realism like Twilight Princess with a fantastic colorful style.

I agree that the graphics are good, I like them and I consider them relistic and colorful but don't you remember Beta videos of OoT and TWW? they are completely different from the final release, I'm just saying it is a possibility.

I agree that the graphics are good, I like them and I consider them relistic and colorful but don't you remember Beta videos of OoT and TWW? they are completely different from the final release, I'm just saying it is a possibility.
The Beta videos of OoT were really unpolished, and I don't recall any beta videos of TWW that weren't in the cel-shaded style. Could you show me if I'm wrong?

Either way, this was a really dedicated showcase. I think with how they showed it, with so much invested in it, it's way past the point they'd change it. Perhaps that's just me though.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic

Actually, I believe that was the Alpha to Ocarina of Time while it was still running on a very untapped Mario 64 engine. Then it slowly changed as the developers began to take use of the technology.

As for Wind Waker. The graphical style wasn't that different from what most people got. The video at space world was actually a look at what the GCN could do with it's power and was not a beta to Wind Waker in any shape or form.

I love WW but I don't really care what the graphics are like as long as its a good game. But they said that Zelda Wii (now skyward sword) would have graphics that would compete with Monster Hunter Tri. So far, I'm not seeing it.

M

Mychael612

I liked the Cel-shaped graphics on the Wind Waker, but this one would probally be better with Twilight Princess's graphics.

I don't understand how you can say this. How do you know how the game should or shouldn't play? Until we know the story and more about the game, we really can't make any decisions on which graphics style suites the game better.

And as far as the graphics changing, I don't think that they will be. There really isn't any reason for Nintendo to change them. And since it's at E3 like it is, I don't think it would be wise to change the graphics.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Celshading is not an artstyle people. Certain anime and certain cartoons are cel shaded to give them the lively colors. Every Zelda game could've been done Zelda shaded if Nintendo was willing. The art style is what matters in that sense. Cel shading is simply a different use for the colors to make them seem less grainy and more lively.

Honestly I like that approach as it gives Hyrule more life than the dull colors of Twilight Princess ever gave them. The darkened lightened and heavy textures often made Hyrule seem so muddy in that game, and the heavy use of bloom didn't really help the eyes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom