• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics Board Rules -READ BEFORE POSTING-

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Listed here are general rules and guidelines that should be followed when either making a thread or post here in the Avatars and Signatures forum. Of course, general forum rules apply as well. Posts and threads that go against these rules may be removed, followed by a warning from a moderator.

Graphics Requests
Do not post new threads asking for avatars, signatures, or other graphics. Such threads cause clutter and confusion. If you wish to request an avatar or signature, post in the Graphics Request thread that is stickied at the top of the boards. We have many talented graphics artists that can take your requests from there. You may also request a graphic from a specific artist if he or she has a graphics shop thread in this board.

Showing off your Work
If you are a graphics artist who would like to show off what you can do, feel free to make a thread and keep all your graphics in that one thread. Please do not make multiple threads to show off different graphics as this will quickly clutter the section. Try to keep it to one collection thread. Critiques and suggestions are advised but please refrain from posting something as simple as "I like it." The like button is sufficient for that.

Graphics Shops
If you wish to offer your services as a graphic artist to other members upon request then feel free to make a shop thread. Again please try to keep it to one thread so that the forum does not become cluttered under too many threads.

Note that when making a shop thread, you should post some of your prior work in the first post to show what you can do and what people requesting from you can expect.

Post only your own material
If you wish to take a graphics request, please make the request yourself using programs like Gimp or Photoshop. You can find tutorials and resources on how to do so here.

Do NOT use the site MYBANNERMAKER to create graphics for other people. While it is fine to use that for your own graphics, do NOT use that site to take requests as anything made on that site cannot be considered your own original work. Shops that use this site to make other people's requests will be taken down.
This also applies to similar site-based basic editors like, but not limited to, picnik.

Double Posting
Within your own thread, double posting and reviving if the thread has been inactive for a long time is allowed. This is to prevent crowding of the section.

Upload/edit an avatar or signature
To upload an avatar simply go to Settings and then on the left side you will see Edit Avatar. Click on there and then you have two options.
1. Upload a file from your Hard Drive
2. Use an URL to a file
After you did this save changes and you have an avatar. Do the same when you want to change your avatar.
To upload a signature go to Settings > Edit Signature and you can browse through your files on the pc and upload it directly or past an url but make sure you have the included.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to post them here or PM a moderator, administrator, or community coordinator.

Last edited by a moderator:

David

But you called me here...
Photoshop is a software that requires purchase; however, you can download free trials here. I believe the trial period is 2 weeks.

Gimp is free to download here.

The trial period for Photoshop CS5 is 30 days. I know because I finally decided to verify my copy.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
For avatars, would the size limit be 200x200px? Or would it be something else less or more? I think you left that out Xinny.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
For avatars, would the size limit be 200x200px? Or would it be something else less or more? I think you left that out Xinny.

Ah, sorry about that, didn't think to add it since the size limit is also listed when you try to upload an avatar. The size limit is 100x100; it has been edited in now.

David

But you called me here...
Are requests/shops limited to Avatars and Signatures, or could there be others, such as a Userbar/Banner shop?

If you are talking about creating your own shop, pretty much anything goes, as long as you make it yourself. For userbars or banners, they have to be made by you by hand without using online software. Shops are for personal work, not showing off what you can do with a generator. This was discussed in the rules on the first post of this thread.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like to update this thread because this is VERY IMPORTANT.
- When you request something and you provide pics DON'T USE ARTWORK CREATED BY PEOPLE ON DEVIANT ART. This is very important people! I am not promoting DA here but it is a huge Site where people post mostly their own created work whether this is a drawing or photomanipulation or whatever. Don't use it without permission!! If they find out their work has been taken without permission you could be in trouble and I don't think any of us would find it cool when our work is used without us knowing it don't we?
This also counts for people who make graphics and search for good pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom