• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphic Requests

Evil Water!!

I would really love to have a Signature Picture thing, the picture just has to have evil water.

The reason for this is because Zelda - Water Temple - Great Bay Temple - Lakebed Temple = EVIL!! :P Anyways Thanks everyone who sends me a picture they made. I Will credit you :D :) thanks again.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Hmm...
I'm not an artist, so I can't really help you in that...
In the "Graphic Requests" thread, you could ask for a signature with the bosses of the water temples and have someone write "water is evil" on it. That would be considerably easier...
Cool avatar Btw ^^

Well, like maybe the water could be a tsunami or whirlpool with an evil face. A whirlpool would be cool :D .

And yes my avatar is SMOOOORG!! from Paper mario 2... or Super mario rpg 3 if you live in japan.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I fail to see why there would be a difference between the GIF and PNG file on Zelda Dungeon, Zeruda.

Also, for you, ComposerBrother.

FlatAvy.png

Direct Link: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff48/Link_is_master_dawg/FlatAvy.png

If you would like I could move Flat a little higher up on the image and put your name down in the bottom right.
Visibly, there isn't. It's the filetype that matters. If he tries to use the .png, then ZD's auto-resizer will destroy the image's quality because the filesize is too large. However, if he uses the gif image, it'll retain its quality for the most part (there will be a tiiiiiiny bit of image loss) because the .gif's filesize is much larger.

It's a matter of wanting your avatar to look crisp and smoothe rather than pixely, smudgey, and lossy. Most other forums allow a larger filesize, so in other places you can use the higher quality png. But, for here, you've got to compensate, and so going .gif makes it easy.

Kybyrian

I understand what you mean. I should have checked the file size. Chances are that since the file size allowed at ZD is 19.5 and the avatar I gave him was 25, that the quality probably was reduced.

I think I have a different solution than changing it to GIF, though, since I prefer to keep my images PNG. You have the option to posterize the image(in GIMP, not sure about PS which I now use) that can reduce the file size without losing any quality of the PNG if you adjust the level right.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I understand what you mean. I should have checked the file size. Chances are that since the file size allowed at ZD is 19.5 and the avatar I gave him was 25, that the quality probably was reduced.

I think I have a different solution than changing it to GIF, though, since I prefer to keep my images PNG. You have the option to posterize the image(in GIMP, not sure about PS which I now use) that can reduce the file size without losing any quality of the PNG if you adjust the level right.
I suppose that's one way to go about it... though, I'm now sure what that does in GIMP since I use PS. In PS, posterizing makes it more.... vector-looking. In PS, there is also a filesize option, but lowering it lowers the quality of the .png, so that's why I just swap it over to .gif. Like I said, I'm not familiar with GIMP at all, so maybe that'll work for you. Worth giving it a shot. :>

Hey guys, I think I've got an idea for a pretty cool sig if anyone's interested. I was thinking of something to showcase my love of OoT... With Link, Zelda, and Ganon to represent the three Triforce pieces, and the 6 Sages to represent the different races. That might be too much to fit in one picture, but if anyone has an idea of how that could work let me know

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Hey could someone make me a sig with Pikachu and the words "If you don't take the chances, you can't do anything in life"?

Kirino

Tatakae
Can someone make me a sig with Misa Misa,Light,and L,from Death Note? Please post a link.

Last edited:

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Zelda64, here is your signature. Let me know if something should be changed.
Zelda64.png

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I'm on it dracomajora!
Any other specifications for your sig?
Are there certain pictures you want?
Any color preferences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom