• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Grammar Mistake in ALTTP!!!

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
As I was playing ALTTP after I had just drawn the Master Sword from the pedestal of time I was contacted by the priest and what he said to me went unnoticed for a second. He said "Link help, the soldiers are attacking Sanctuary" I didn't notice it at first by after a few seconds I realized the mistake. Now this was on the Wii and I had downloaded ALTTP off the Wii Shop Channel but it was the original version of ALTTP. I'm not sure if this has been posted before on ZD and I hope it hasn't. I'm not sure if this mistake is only in the original version and and is fixed in the remake for the Gameboy. If it is could someone please tell me. Thanks :)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Yeah, but let's not forget, Engrish was pretty frequent back then. Not to mention the famed "Zelda is your..." bit of dialogue. Don't think too much about it.

Hmm, I only own the GBA remake of this game, but I could probably check if I have the free time to replay the game. A lack of articles is a minor translation error, and it went by so unnoticed that there are probably more like this.

Actually, speaking of translation errors, there is a verb substitution involving the fight with the twin brothers (south of Kakariko). Before you reopen the door between their rooms, the first brother--on the right side--will say "that'll learn him", rather than "that'll teach him".

I can edit in a screenshot I took (horrible quality, though) later, but I can't now because I don't know the URL offhand--I'm at school. ;p

EDIT:
283897_230783393620383_100000661725158_738110_4072139_n.jpg

xD

Last edited:
There was something similar to that in a Pokemon game I forget which one though I found it a while ago. It was one of the earlyer ones.

Recently though I found a gramatical error in the Skryim Handbook which I thought was funny as well. It doesn't bother me but only re-assures my opinion that Prima Games suck lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom