• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gracful Goron Dancing.

Im having a huge amount of trouble with getting the second mermaid key. I have spent close to 300 rupees and still cant do it. Whats worse is I am possitvie I am right on time. It seems to me that you need to be within on millionth of a second.

Is there anyone else out there who had huge difficulties with it?

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Yeah, a lot of people really had trouble with this part of the game. And most people hate that dancing Goron with a passion. :P
I did have some trouble with it, but I found that the best way for me to do it was to memorize what button to press for each sound, and then just close my eyes and focus on the sounds. When I did that, I was usually able to either do well, or beat it.

Not sure if doing that would help you though.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I remember having some problems with it too. What I did was pretty much what Hobbit mentioned. Focus on listening is what I guess will work best cause eyes (at least my eyes) can´t grasp what´s happening. Memorize the sounds and close your eyes is a good advice and surely you will make it sooner or later. Good luck!

(If that doesn´t help you I might have one more advice but I am not sure it will work, there could be a pattern for how the dance goes and you could try to learn the patterns, but that is just speculations and the dance could indeed be totally random, but I would myself have looked for a pattern when frustration had grown inmense!)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
i used to hate playing Ages because of this part right here.
Focusing Helps, also, pay attention to the movements the other gorons do.
I wonder what the developpers had in mind... Gosh...
What is more obnoxious is that it is NECESSARY to beat the game, unlike Seasons' easy dance contest

octorok74

TETTAC
This is the easiest minigame in Ages, or at least in my mind. Basically, get your timeing right and listen for slight pauses, because that is where I think most of the problems come in, when he pauses and you blow right through it. Also, just make sureyou are hiiting the right buttons.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Graceful Goron Dancing = Most evil thing Nintendo ever did in a Zelda game.
What kind of sick mind would come up with that? It is way too hard compared to the rest of the game. Especially if you want to get that one ring from it.

Sorry, but I never had too much trouble with it. I usually got it within the second time or so. I guess it just depends on how coordinated you are or something. I don't know. It may be something that one person is good with and another isn't. I almost feel like it is a musical trait. Being a bass player, I have a precise idea of tempo and rhythm. That's what I feel its all about.

To help you, you might think about it as like a drum beat. Listen to the beat, and play the buttons like a drum. If I recall, they only use the B and A for motions, so it shouldn't be that hard once you start thinking of your GB as a musical instrument. ;)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This is certainly the most frustrating portion of the Oracle titles. The Goron Dancing game was just an absolute nightmare for me. I've eventually figured it out and got it down pretty well nowadays, but the frustration of failing over... and over... and over... and over... was incredibly annoying.

I think they should have including the Dancing Game, but NO WAY should it have been required. I wouldn't mind it being an extra game to get a Heart Piece, or an Extra Item, but certainly not something that is required to beat the game.

*shudders*
Gah, that dancing Goron is insufferable. And as for it being required ot beat the game? Gah- why couldn't they have just made it as an extra.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
This is certainly the most frustrating portion of the Oracle titles. The Goron Dancing game was just an absolute nightmare for me. I've eventually figured it out and got it down pretty well nowadays, but the frustration of failing over... and over... and over... and over... was incredibly annoying.

I think they should have including the Dancing Game, but NO WAY should it have been required. I wouldn't mind it being an extra game to get a Heart Piece, or an Extra Item, but certainly not something that is required to beat the game.

Quoting a The Hives song: I hate to say I told you so

Anyways, I am glad to see you posting, Mases.
For years, i hated playing Ages(even though i loved and still love the game) just because of this little part.
The present dance contest is not easy, but the Past dance contest is a nightmare to go through.
Nowadays I do them in my first or second try, but I remember spending days trying to get everything right

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom