• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Gotta say, the new patch has made the game far more enjoyable.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Never noticed any slowdown in the first place. What they needed to fix for me was enemies popping in only a short distance away.

Never noticed any slowdown in the first place. What they needed to fix for me was enemies popping in only a short distance away.
You must have been playing in portable mode. I noticed it every few minutes, and in some areas there was constant frame drop. Almost made me want to stop playing. Either way I'm glad they finally fixed it.

FYI I have probably a bigger eye for this than most people, I'm a PC gamer ;).

I play almost exclusively docked and noticed framerate drops in the forest areas of the Plateau and a lot in the Korok Forest.

Ive played some games with tragic framedrops to the point where it looked like i was playing the game in bullet time.

As such even the worst of botw's framerates arent offensive at all. I see them but it doesnt bounce me out of the immersion at all.

That being said i noticed a huge improvement within the Plateau.

Korok Forest still slows a lot but again, framerate drops dont bother me unless they make the game borderline unplayable.

BotW has a long way to go to wholly smooth out the framerate issues in a few areas for those who do have a problem woth it though.

However i think it runs incredibly well for how big the game is, how much detail it has and the hardware its running on.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You must have been playing in portable mode. I noticed it every few minutes, and in some areas there was constant frame drop. Almost made me want to stop playing. Either way I'm glad they finally fixed it.

FYI I have probably a bigger eye for this than most people, I'm a PC gamer ;).
I always play docked but I generally just don't notice things like slowdown.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Either ninty sucks at optimization or BotW pushes the limits of the Switch to its absolute breaking point though I spect' both to be true.

Still, this is what post-release patches are for. The framerate drops are a major point of criticism so hopefully this addresses that issue.

I play primarily in handheld mode... had noticed the framerate drop a few times before the update, but haven't seen it since.

I noticed a little slow down but it was so random and so rare I didn't see it as an issue. Mostly when lots of things were on screen. Like large winderness spans with lots of grass. Never happened to me during a fight or action sequences.

Is this patch a good idea? Sure, this is a very rare issue, not affecting gameplay but fixing it is always a good thing. It'll help gameplay as much as it will help Nintendo's PR.

Either ninty sucks at optimization or BotW pushes the limits of the Switch to its absolute breaking point though I spect' both to be true.

Still, this is what post-release patches are for. The framerate drops are a major point of criticism so hopefully this addresses that issue.
Games typically look and run better later in the life of the generation.
I play primarily in handheld mode... had noticed the framerate drop a few times before the update, but haven't seen it since.
Shouldn't notice too many undocked. Game runs at a lower resolution and has a little less features enabled.

The regular slow down really took me out of the experience, but this patch was a huge huge improvement!

Coming from almost exclusively PC games with a 144hz monitor I'm so used to the higher frame rates that Botw gives me head aches with the 30 or lower fps. So any improvments I'll take, pretty shocking how badly this game runs though considering how long it was in development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom